What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread

Weaponhead

Coach
It is very standard for him - even the refs know that now.

Exactly. He won't get 50/50 calls because the refs see that he plays for penalties and has poor ball security.

First hit up off the kick off is criminal to lose the ball. Defenders will often have a go at the ball because they aren't too worried about conceding a bit of territory for a chance to get the ball inside the 20.

Weaponhead

Coach
so went yesterday with the girl. we are 0-2 as a combo so i might ban her from coming.
might not bother any more though. when you factor in

performance divided by kilometers travelled plus expense times the f**king fine i got for driving too fast allegedly...

crowd was good. 17k
geez it was quiet. like even the beer hill, where you used to get fired up cuties. just chatting. the 2 blokes next to me were trying to pick up the girls they came with. young types. couldnt help but laugh when she said the immortal words "sorry, i have a boyfriend"
two english blokes infront of me were funny. they looked english. always an endorsement.

but yeah. quiet. crowd watched as if expecting the team to bugger it up. and they did.

seen a bloke strolling his infant out in the pram. told him it wasnt too late to change the little blokes fortunes. we all laughed at the ineptness of the club and wondered if in infant boys lifetime maybe he would see a premiership.

he wont.

thought family day was good. petting zoo. cant have ponies at allianz.

kids even ran field before the second siren. good stuff.

My 8 year old kid is 0 for 3 at Shark Park. We sat near a bunch of reasonably loud and feral Knights fans. My kid matched them for volume and turned around to give it to them every chance he got in the first half. Felt a bit sorry for him in the second half.

He is still passionate about the club despite never having lived in the area.

Card Shark

Immortal
My 8 year old kid is 0 for 3 at Shark Park.

This is what most annoys me about the loss yesterday.

The home fans were treated to 2 duck eggs in a row, then we have 2 awesome wins away.

So what do we do, come home & get done like that. Poor!

had everything to play for.
so...

yeah. it sucks. we have had some bad home losses this year.

Should have won round one vs Titans.
could have beaten Dragons, Roosters, Tigers, Knights

So say we have all those. 9 wins...not spoon. not drudgery.

The Dodger

First Grade
Gallen suffocates our attack.
Too many blind side plays, its become too predictable.
Also leaves us with poor 5th tackles options as our halves have to reposition themselves.

Weaponhead

Coach
had everything to play for.
so...

yeah. it sucks. we have had some bad home losses this year.

Should have won round one vs Titans.
could have beaten Dragons, Roosters, Tigers, Knights

So say we have all those. 9 wins...not spoon. not drudgery.

This is exactly why yesterdays capitulation was so frustrating.

Big crowd, FTA coverage, building some momentum, limited injury concerns and they dish up that last 45 minutes.

You see those sort of momentum swings all the time in NYC. In fact our NYC blew a 22-0 lead and was very lucky to hang on the a draw. An NRL side should close games out from that position. It is ironic compaining about capitulations when we have benefited from 2 recently.

Complacency can't have been an excuse.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The point about the crowd being quiet...farrrrrk me u could hear a pin drop. It felt like being at a cemetery just before the casket makes it's way 6 foot under.

I was sitting behind the post on the northern side. Talk about getting short changed. Both halves of footy were played down the southern end.

Just an observation regarding robbo. On the 5th tackle every kick in the 2nd half went along the ground in between Darius and one of the wingers(with no pressure coming from our players). In the first half we scored a try after Darius dropped a bomb. Someone tell me why the f**kkk no bombs were attempted in that 2nd half? Also does brown not have a kicking game?

Feej

First Grade
The point about the crowd being quiet...farrrrrk me u could hear a pin drop. It felt like being at a cemetery just before the casket makes it's way 6 foot under.

I was sitting behind the post on the northern side. Talk about getting short changed. Both halves of footy were played down the southern end.

Just an observation regarding robbo. On the 5th tackle every kick in the 2nd half went along the ground in between Darius and one of the wingers(with no pressure coming from our players). In the first half we scored a try after Darius dropped a bomb. Someone tell me why the f**kkk no bombs were attempted in that 2nd half? Also does brown not have a kicking game?

Wasn't it Brown's bomb that Boyd dropped?

Weaponhead

Coach
Wasn't it Brown's bomb that Boyd dropped?

Yes it was. Boyd should have been targeted. Did not want to be there at all in the first half. Robsons kicked one dead with the breeze and then decided grubbers were the order of the day.

Someone in the club must be able to kick a spiral bomb. Its not that f**king hard is it.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yes it was. Boyd should have been targeted. Did not want to be there at all in the first half. Robsons kicked one dead with the breeze and then decided grubbers were the order of the day.

Someone in the club must be able to kick a spiral bomb. Its not that f**king hard is it.

I'm not sure if he was playing conservative to protect the lead but those kicking options ultimately cost us the game. Brown is still very "gun shy" and needs to start calling for more ball on the last(especially when we are in the red zone). He can leave the big kicks for robbo but short kicking has to be done by Nu

husky65

Juniors

I'd have liked to see some bombs directed to the NE corner of the field in the second half so the catcher got to look into the sun, we put every kick into the NW corner ie into the shade.

I'd have liked to see some bombs directed to the NE corner of the field in the second half so the catcher got to look into the sun, we put every kick into the NW corner ie into the shade.

Spot on.
I was very frustrated as to why this tactic was not used in the second half.

And dont get me started on the lack of second phase play in that half as well.
The first half was all second phase play and good kicks, the second was the exact opposite. Like they were playing to defend their lead and it got away from them and they didnt know what to do.

Latest posts