What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs. Roosters (FINALS)

DJDL

Bench
Low footy IQ team is what I see.

Word.

Playing against 12 and have a 6 on 4 on the open 10 metres out. Brailey goes the blind.

Up by 6 with ~10 to go in a tight one and within range. No one thinking to get into position and have a crack.

When we do have a crack, do it when we’re playing the bal inside the opposition’s 10 so the defence doesn’t have as far to run for the charge down.

Really poor decision making when it counts.

Last edited:

Poss

Juniors
There were a few calls that baffled me.

Cams was a try.

Roosters being allowed to challenge Tedesco lost ball where Toby picked it up and ran 10 metres. Ref called play on. Why are they allowed to go back and challenge? There was no stop in play.

Brandon Smith incorrect play the ball when he hurt his leg.

sideways play the ball from roosters at a crucial time on the 5th which was let go.

incorrect play the ball just before the field goal.

3 on 1 strip against Toby. Kleary clearly takes it. Play on. Field goal. Game.

Yes we had chances to win it.

kick the goal from in front we win.

should we have taken the 2 when we had them on the ropes and down a man?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Two years in a row we have been given the luxury of playing a finals match at our home ground. And twice we have gone and f**ked it up. Again.

The mental fortitude of this playing group is absolutely shot, they are clueless and can not perform when they need to. We had the Roosters absolutely shot tonight and yet, we still couldn’t get home. Again.

The credentials and methods of all the coaching staff needs to come under serious scrutiny now, and I think some tough decisions are needing to be made now. The ability to turn up on big games has been an issue since Fitz got here, and it was tonight. Again.

A chance for us to win the game with a simple pass to the left and go through the hands. Our hooker f**ks it up. Again.

A club legends last ever game at his home ground and we lose. Again.

Nearly everything we had go our way and we still got embarrassed. Again.

We go into the summer off the back of a meek, despicable and disgusting loss to a team we really should be beating. Again.

The stats are damning. six finals losses in a row. Make of this what you will but all is not well at this club no matter what anyone says. Things need to change otherwise we will be back here. Again.

Last edited:

SharkShocked

Bench
There were a few calls that baffled me.

Cams was a try.

Roosters being allowed to challenge Tedesco lost ball where Toby picked it up and ran 10 metres. Ref called play on. Why are they allowed to go back and challenge? There was no stop in play.

Brandon Smith incorrect play the ball when he hurt his leg.

sideways play the ball from roosters at a crucial time on the 5th which was let go.

incorrect play the ball just before the field goal.

3 on 1 strip against Toby. Kleary clearly takes it. Play on. Field goal. Game.

Yes we had chances to win it.

kick the goal from in front we win.

should we have taken the 2 when we had them on the ropes and down a man?

Had no issue with taking the 2. Had to given the score line.

dreary

Juniors
Ref was shite but sharks still could and should have won. We are back to the dark days where for most of 50 years we were a dumb footy team who would always snatch the most unlikely loss from the jaws of an obvious victory. It does my head in that we have (can) not gone to market and at least added an impact forward and or skilful game breaking back. In the last two years. Look at Brisbane and us … two years ago to now … now look at the recruitment. FMD

Craigshark

First Grade
Some absolute dog shit calls..

however, there’s really no excuse. We go left to our halves who had everyone stacked against an inexperienced out of position combination of theirs in defence and we win. What does Brailey do? I think everyone in the f**ken stadium could see it bar him.

I’m afraid we’re f**ked. If we get in to another position like this, we’ll find another way to f**k it up again. Tonight meant a lot and we f**ken choked.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Brailey should be shot for not passing open side to Nicho on the 5th when Tedesco was off and the Roosters defence on that side was dead. 10m out. It was a certain try. As bad as the moment Chad let us lose to the Dogs of all times because he grubbered dead from 10m out when he had a 3-on-1 overlap screaming for the ball.