What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs. Roosters (FINALS)

Poss

Juniors
Yeah. Just like this sideways play the ball with 8 to go in the lead up to the field goal. Unfair to expect the touchie to call iincorrect given his position in relation to the play. FMD.

IMG_9145.jpeg

Poss

Juniors
I’m not blaming the ref.
We should have been good enough to win it with the opportunities we had.

but there were some undeniable refereeing calls that didn’t help and did contribute.

cams try was one.

call Tedesco offside and it’s a penalty right in front for us.

Call the 3 on 1 strip from Keary on Rudolph and we kick for touch and attack their line. Instead, they kick a field goal 4 plays later.

Poss

Juniors
Also… the roosters try to make it 12 all was a pretty unlucky ricochet against us. We actually defended pretty well and didn’t really let them through during that period.

Weaponhead

Coach
The Keary strip is exactly why you have keep a challenge up your sleeve.

Anyway, Brailey drops a simple ball over the line. FFS, I knew that would bite us. That kid has no killer instinct.

Poss

Juniors
We did have a challenge. There was no opportunity for us to challenge the strip because there was no stop in play.

even though the roosters were allowed to challenge the Rudolph strip on Tedesco with no stop in play.

also it was a pretty tough chance for Brailey. Wasn’t a kind bounce from memory. And I think he was offside anyway?

shadowboxer

First Grade
At the game, ref rubbish was probally even between both teams.
Sharks should have scored more than once when Tedesco was in the bin, they didn’t.
Basically the end.
It wasn’t as big a let down as last year, but probally most expected mediocrity.

SharkShocked

Bench
We did have a challenge. There was no opportunity for us to challenge the strip because there was no stop in play.

even though the roosters were allowed to challenge the Rudolph strip on Tedesco with no stop in play.

also it was a pretty tough chance for Brailey. Wasn’t a kind bounce from memory. And I think he was offside anyway?
Could have given away an intentional penalty then challenged

Pumpkin

Juniors
ROOSTERS ROOSTERS ROOSTERS!!! What a great night to be a Rooster. One of the most amazing victories in the history of the game.

eddiesmith

Juniors
There were a few calls that baffled me.

Cams was a try.

Roosters being allowed to challenge Tedesco lost ball where Toby picked it up and ran 10 metres. Ref called play on. Why are they allowed to go back and challenge? There was no stop in play.

Brandon Smith incorrect play the ball when he hurt his leg.

sideways play the ball from roosters at a crucial time on the 5th which was let go.

incorrect play the ball just before the field goal.

3 on 1 strip against Toby. Kleary clearly takes it. Play on. Field goal. Game.

Yes we had chances to win it.

kick the goal from in front we win.

should we have taken the 2 when we had them on the ropes and down a man?

The referee originally let it go, then changed his call to double knock on and was taking it back which allowed them to challenge.

Of course the play before the Roosters had knocked on from the kick but because that was play on, no challenge allowed.

imasharkie

Coach
Outplayed by a team on one leg basically.

What a bunch of mentally weak bums.

Brailey is a bum and cost is with terrible play while roosters were on the ropes.
I couldn't believe stupid play by Tracey calling for the ball when Nicho and Trindall were on the other side with 6 players on two and Teddy was in the bin and why oh why did Brailey pass it to him.
And I don't understand why Tracey was taking the 5th most of the game and getting rag dolled every time for a slow play the ball. Macca used to do the 5th and always land face down and quick play the ball.
I don't want to see Tracey in a Sharks jersey again.

Latest posts