What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs SJ's Warriors

Quigs

Immortal
You know what? I couldn't be bothered even reading the match game fred.

Fharkkk em.

I'll read this in the morning.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Just got in from a pretty disappointing afternoon. Glad the wife got some wine.
After all these years, still being up 3 tries early on, you still don’t feel comfortable. I’m am avid Newtown Jets fan, and after our first 10 mins, at a Jets game you knew it was pretty much in the bag.
I could break the game down and rant away but reading most of this back I am pleased not much bagging the ref, but blame squarely on the lacklustre performance and one that was completely avoidable.
A few moments from the afternoon said a lot for me.
1. the awesome group of legend ex players doing the walk around the ground at half time. Struck hard how many of these blokes were not only absolute class players but are from a different generation.
2. Walking out of the ground with the poor crowd of 10,000 odd in the pouring rain, to see Teig Wilton at the southern end of the ground laughing and carrying on with I assume some mates in the crowd. Look I’m no wowser but seriously mate read the room. Some kid walking next to me was crying… hard.
It was bloody embarrassing.
So, the difference between generations is chalk and cheese. Sad really but true.
The coach has some real issues for mind and for the first time in his tenure he has to make some tough decisions.
I’d say we have the right bloke on board but man, last year does seem like a fairy tale that I deep down thought it was.

Poss

Juniors
The Nicho no try call was one of a number of bizarre calls that went against us. It was the difference in the end. But we still had done enough to win even with that did call.

have you ever seen a try pulled back because the opposition knocked on? Bizarre.

shaggs

Coach
The Nicho no try call was one of a number of bizarre calls that went against us. It was the difference in the end. But we still had done enough to win even with that did call.

have you ever seen a try pulled back because the opposition knocked on? Bizarre.
It was the technically correct call because the thief blew his whistle too early

SharkShocked

Bench

Ref called knock on. Players stopped. There’s nothing there.

SharkShocked

Bench
Still a young side. Mentality is not up to scratch.

Playing style is still not mature.

When the respect for the ball and work ethic in defence matches with the attacking ability, then we will have a side that is really competitive at the top end.

At the moment, I’m not sold on the coaches continual dismissal of the same old issues. Would love to hear him own the fact that they need to earn the right to play footy. Do the hard work first.

Long way to go.

Chimp

Bench
When it’s easy, we get very loosey goosey… we stop the effort plays, we make stupid sloppy mistakes, we smile and don’t really give a shit that we’ve made a mistake. We want to look good on the TV, rather than rolling our sleeves up, doing the hard yakka and getting on with the job.

Frenzy.

Immortal
but why take the penalty goal? It’s not like we hadn’t scored a try the other three times we’d been down there? 🙄 we were out scoring the clock

I agree. We had them on the ropes at that stage. May have scored and converted. Do they still come back from 24-0 (if it was a converted try)

The next 5 minutes was horrid. They kick off and have a big defensive set, Get the ball back and get a penalty. Then we drop it after surviving the set and they score 4 seconds after the error.

They should have kept the pressure on.

Yes, Yes, YES!! Been saying this for weeks

WADE MUST PLAY
Yeah I dunno, wilton is shit but wade has been finished for a long time and I've never seen much out there that screams he's a great captain either. Would trust his goal line defence more than the turnstyle though.

Chimp

Bench
Yeah I dunno, wilton is shit but wade has been finished for a long time and I've never seen much out there that screams he's a great captain either. Would trust his goal line defence more than the turnstyle though.
Agree with this. I don’t see that Wade improves us really in any way. His on-field leadership isn’t that great - I don’t recall ever really thinking ‘I’m glad Wade was out there to steady the ship’, if anything, when it’s all going to shit, Wade is one of those than can find himself throwing a stupid intercept pass, or kicking out on the full.