What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Thread vs Manly

ethan tremblay

Juniors
Well I'm proud of them. I'm nothappy that we lost or that our coach has failed to assemble a competitive side BUT I am very proud of those 17 guys today.

Also happy with the two Manly signings.

you are very easily pleased then:shock:

mediocrity will not get us anywere it's not an excuse, these 17 players are professional footballers take the titties out of there mouths and be men not boys

We were absolutely owned out on our right side.

However, I guess sometimes you have to cop that when you have a pair of young guns out there who still have a lot to learn.

Very disheartening effort today, though, and seriously, Willie Tonga needs to be punted.

strider

Post Whore
i am just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of putting up an appaullingly disgusting effort for the first half then turning up when hte opposition clock off

it doesn't make up for the awful shit first half ... the problem is you have to walk a tight line between telling them how shit they were and the 2nd half doesn't make up for it and trying to encourage them with what they produce (after the game is done and dusted)

its very disappointing when you see the effort in the first half ..... clearly they tried too hard at training again last week

Wally21

Bench
We were absolutely owned out on our right side.

However, I guess sometimes you have to cop that when you have a pair of young guns out there who still have a lot to learn.

Very disheartening effort today, though, and seriously, Willie Tonga needs to be punted.

the only thing Tonga gives us is defence. Matuia gives us that, some mongrel and a whole lot of effort playing in the same position. Blair was particularly awful today. is defence was shocking, but the thing that was particularly tragic was the nothing kick on the 3rd tackle when we are in the Manly red zone. it was nice to see the guys trying in the second half, but I agree that Manly definitely clocked off. the two debutants both went really well, which is a great positive.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i agree - i think mullaney and smith both had a real dig and showed up alot of our other players ... very pleasing

did they say smith backed up from playing for wenty?

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't see what's to be proud of. The defensive effort was terribler in the first half and that's what led to us being down 34-0. Still not sold on either Harrison or Lussick. They were made to look better by the players around them today. Individually neither are that good especially Harrison. I'd even go as far to say Lasalo is a better player than him.

MrT

Juniors
He is a bench player at best a long with the most of the backrow that is at the club

Bench player???? if the rest of the mob were on par with him and actually understood him, we'd look a lot better. he's our best attacking forward, has great hands.

Wally21

Bench
Bench player???? if the rest of the mob were on par with him and actually understood him, we'd look a lot better. he's our best attacking forward, has great hands.

Totally agree. He just needs some confidence to pull the fancy stuff out before we get to 30+ behind.

Ratchy

Juniors

Being our best attacking forward isn't hard to be, it's fine looking good with the ball in hand when the other team has put the cue in the rack.

Gordy

Juniors
yeah i agree - i think mullaney and smith both had a real dig and showed up alot of our other players ... very pleasing

did they say smith backed up from playing for wenty?

Yes strides, played yesterday I think.

Eels Dude

Coach

Paulo would be lucky to crack a bench spot at any other club in the NRL right now. He looks good for us compared to the rest of our mob, but that really isn't saying much. He has some talent but is far from a complete player.

Gronk

Staff member
you are very easily pleased then:shock:

mediocrity will not get us anywere it's not an excuse, these 17 players are professional footballers take the titties out of there mouths and be men not boys

Geeze mate. We were without Keating and Hayne. Storm were without theirs last night and they got pumped.

Most of those blokes who played today were playing for Wenty not so long ago.

I'm just saying that we were down on troops and apart from silly errors that gave Manly field position we did pretty good.

I'm proud of they way that Ryan, Blair, Sio, Paulo etc played. Also I thought that Sandow and Hindy did good.

Burt needs to swap for Morgan and we'll be ready for the Dogs.

eel01s

Bench
I still can't believe the one on one missed tackles, the dumb play the balls, the forward passes etc. that led to the 40 nil scoreline.

It was embarrassing. WTF is up with our players???