What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaud no not Toupou again ... NOOOOO.

Ausguy

Coach
Oh please ... Tooterds hasn't been a good buy since the day he pulled on our jersey and if you think him taking up out cap space for another year then you are nuts.

We Need class backs not fringe backrowers who give away more ball than anyone I've seen.

Ads

First Grade
Give toops a chance with carney before you judge him. There's a rep player in there somewhere.

webShark

Yeah was a bad idea to sign an Australian forward to compliment Gal in the back row.
We should go with the likes of Peach, Mills, Gagai, Townsend etc.
That will win us the comp.
By that reckoning we would be happy with Ben Creagh on big money for 5 years. Worse Kane Snowden. Now that was a let off. No doubt btw will be a huge Snowden fan. Only you could be happy with Toops. At the time , getting Toops not a bad idea. But 5 years spare me. tbh, I wasn't a huge fan of him in the first place.

Suggest a poll. I believe most fans would be happy to try Peach etc. Under the cap , you have to find space for a few fringe players. They may/may not come off. The same with Toops. Clearly a failed gamble despite his numerous MOM performances. (zero). Can't see anyone in UK paying him huge bucks. He is currently injured and his last decent season was at the Roosters.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Suggest a poll. I believe most fans would be happy to try Peach etc. Under the cap , .
Right so we get rid of a proven performer & replace them with a fringe player. Even worse, a useless shire local who will join the long list of do nothing go nowhere's.
Hang on, arent fringe players at the club bagged by people , just like yourself?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Saying Townsend is better than Robson. If he was, he would be in the team. Fact is, he isn't. Hes nowhere near it & like most shire local players, never will be. When it comes to halves, watch Luke Kelly, to see just how far off the pace Townsend is.

Ausguy

Coach
Kelly?

Nothing but when reefy feels like he is losing or being ganged up on he will change and go off on a tangent.

Honestly reef if you think 400K on toups is good for our team next year you are just saying it to go against the trend.

This yr or next is our only chance in the near future to get a title IMO, Gal is at his peak J Smith wont go past next yr and its only time before carney either farks up or moves on in 2014.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
In your opinion, which I dont hold too highly.
Toops is a great player who is hamtrung by knee injuries at present. The first 2 years he was fantastic. Our best forward with Paul Gallen. If he gets back to that level, which he will, he will be awesome.
But maybe we should be paying 250-300k for pettybournes & Thompsons ey? or what about 300k for the next Fraser Anderson(apparently hes quick).
2014 Bukuya slips straight into Toops salary.

Ausguy

Coach
Reefy... i couldnt care less if you value my opinion or dont hold it highly. The fact you think i or anyone cares about how you value other peoples opinions on here goes to show how much you are up yourself.

Why continue to bring up other players... the thread is about toops and how he isnt worth 400K of our cap next year. Get it?

Gallen=God

Juniors
Hopefully and English Super League Club will pick up Too Poo.

Can't blame him for wanting another year of $400,000 for doing nothing.

If the Club could get Jennings he would be the best attacking centre we would have had since ET.

We don't want him, it was announced along with an announcement that Tupou will be a shark next year, I'll try and find the source

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Reefy... i couldnt care less if you value my opinion or dont hold it highly. The fact you think i or anyone cares about how you value other peoples opinions on here goes to show how much you are up yourself.

Why continue to bring up other players... the thread is about toops and how he isnt worth 400K of our cap next year. Get it?
& replace Toops with who? Tagga? Green? Tafua? pharken pleeassee!!

webShark

Thought he was banging on about Albert at first.

Toops has never been anywhere near as good as Gallen. He was correct about one thing, Pettyborne probably better value. Which Thompson I ask? Fraser Anderson turned in as many good games as Toops.

Seriously , on his coin, should have turned in performances to get noticed by selectors not just Reefy.

Snoop Shark

First Grade

Replace him with 400k worth of QUALITY. Not to mention the blokes who have been winning games in his absence.

Whether its one player or 3 he is simply wasting our cap space and money.

What a lemon

Ausguy

Coach

8 Gibbs
9 Degois
10 Ross
11 Smith
12 Gallen
13 Graham

Graham isnt a 6.

We are talking 2013 here not beyond so th eplayers we have are sufficient... Toups money should be used on a quality back not on his retirment fund. The 5 year deal with a player option in yr 5 was a dud deal.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Toops has never been anywhere near as good as Gallen.
think id take Gallens word before yours.
He was correct about one thing, Pettyborne probably better value.
So you think pettybourne would be a good addition to our current representative overflowing forward stocks?
Names like Tafua, Gibbs, a recovered paraplegic & good ole Johnny Green & now........pettybourne!!! Awesome!!!

Which Thompson I ask?
How many do you know?

Fraser Anderson turned in as many good games as Toops.
Yeah awesome player. Made 9000 tackles & 4 runs in his career.
Seriously , on his coin, should have turned in performances to get noticed by selectors not just Reefy.
Kinda like his selections for State & country?

Latest posts