What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz is coming home

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I'll believe it when I see it.
And if I'm going to see anything I want to see him passing that final ball to either Nightingale or Morris and not have him worring about his own self importantance.

Dave Q

Coach
From where in my post did you conclude that I said a bad word about Cooper?

Dave, put down the glass half empty and pick up the glass half full... assuming you can find one in the cupboard.

There was the inference made "back-end of his career"

Pound for pound, one of the best backs in the game atm and current, in the here and now, presently, on a contemporary basis blah de dah.

That is my view Mr Willow and....bourne out by the statistics.

Coops is still a golden boy.

And alas, two girls walked in and took my cup and I dont want it back.

Bring back choc

Juniors
He'll be back. I base this on the fact the wallabies will not pick him. Why? Because they are idiots. Gaz, come back mate...there's no future in Rugby Yawnion.

Doug2234

First Grade
Coops is far from washed up. he has a lot more to give... His foot hampered his season this year but he will be good as new come 2010.

Dave Q

Coach
I caught myself querying his bona-fides earler this year so I embarked on a special Coops research project, thats why I am a bit precious about him.

What I found out was that he was one of the best backs in the game.

He isnt a frolicking hero "kiss my butt" type. He just grinds out a game like a hard-working tradesman, a moniker usually given to forwards.

He makes the important tackles and throws the select passes with little fanfare or publicity. Hes lightning fast too.

He has a great sense of position and his reading of the play is uncanny.

I cant recall exactly but the stats indicated that he was well inside the top 15% of players in the comp, even when injured.

He is truly awesome.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i'm so excited that gaz is coming home, i bought him a present

17247963v0_150x150_Front_Color-White.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There was the inference made "back-end of his career"
Yes, it means his career is more than half over.

If you think that's a negative comment, then I suggest you pop another one of the blue pills.
Dave Q said:
And alas, two girls walked in and took my cup and I dont want it back.
Broken heart?

Dave Q

Coach
Yes, it means his career is more than half over.

If you think that's a negative comment, then I suggest you pop another one of the blue pills.
Broken heart?

Here is some casual "expression counselling" for your benefit Mr Willow:-

"Backend" does mean more than half-way through. Its a term more closely aligned to a circumstance of being in a "final stage"

And if a player is reaching his final stage as a footballer, then he obviously is facing some kind of impediment, be it age or other disability or indeed, demand.

In other words, it is reasonable to imply a negative connotation.

Now I dont think Coops is in this category.

And theres also no need for you to get abusive over what amounted to a "nip on the toe" correction.

A more appropriate means of reply would have been to make clear what you meant and apologise to Coops if anybody misinterpreted you.

butter81

Juniors
I dont want gaz. He did wrong by the club by not making his decision sooner and allowing us to retain josh morris. That left a sour taste in my mouth, and would rather not have him play for the club. If he costs us gettiing josh morris back then that will be the ultimate spit in the face. I think cooper has 2 or 3 years left in his career. He's over 30 now, and i think injuries will start to hinder him. Gasnier is 29 and already has an injury list as thick as the yellow pages. I say look after cooper, get back josh and watch these young blokes take care of the future.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can't believe how personally people take it when players leave.

Would anyone here stay at a job where an employer didn't give you your promised pay? lol f**k loyalty, in that regard.

I dont want gaz. He did wrong by the club by not making his decision sooner and allowing us to retain josh morris. That left a sour taste in my mouth, and would rather not have him play for the club. If he costs us gettiing josh morris back then that will be the ultimate spit in the face. I think cooper has 2 or 3 years left in his career. He's over 30 now, and i think injuries will start to hinder him. Gasnier is 29 and already has an injury list as thick as the yellow pages. I say look after cooper, get back josh and watch these young blokes take care of the future.

Gaz waited whilst negotiations continued regarding his third party payments. When it was clear they were not going to materialise as promised, he exercised the clause in his contract to get out. In effect he was shafted. Whilst an unfortunate consequence was we lost Josh in the meantime, people are being unrealistic in their expectations of him. He gave the club and the third party every opportunity to make good.

Direct your anger at the pricks who promised then denied his payments.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Here is some casual "expression counselling" for your benefit Mr Willow:-

"Backend" does mean more than half-way through. Its a term more closely aligned to a circumstance of being in a "final stage"
He can't play forever Dave.

Approximately two seasons left in the NRL after playing first grade career of over 10 years. I call that the backend of a fine innings.

Up the dose.

Dave Q said:
And if a player is reaching his final stage as a footballer, then he obviously is facing some kind of impediment, be it age or other disability or indeed, demand.

In other words, it is reasonable to imply a negative connotation.

Now I dont think Coops is in this category.

And theres also no need for you to get abusive over what amounted to a "nip on the toe" correction.

A more appropriate means of reply would have been to make clear what you meant and apologise to Coops if anybody misinterpreted you.
Double up the dose.

Middle-age most miserable for men

Men in their late 30s and early 40s are the least satisfied members of society, according to a survey.

They are even more dissatisfied than teenagers and the elderly, a study for the government found.

_44059228_perrin_bbc203long.jpg

Reggie Perrin famously went through a mid-life crisis on screen

More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6947481.stm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't believe how personally people take it when players leave.

Would anyone here stay at a job where an employer didn't give you your promised pay? lol f**k loyalty, in that regard.
Add to that, is there anyone here that would knock back $2 million to live and play in France for two years?

Dave Q

Coach
lol Willow.

Youve changed your argument to satisy my definition of "final stages" thats quite a leap from half-way.

And theres no need to characterise Coops as middle-aged. Thats a bit tough.

Me and more than a few others still reckon that Coops is still one of the best backs in the game.

All of your quasi-logic isnt going to kill off that fine fact.

Seeing you have capitulated, you can have your toe (and your cup!) back.

:D:cool:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Add Gasnier to to mix of what the Dragons have now = A premiership for sure.
Why? You had him for 8 years prior to his departure and you didn't win anything. Now he'll be 29, way past his best, and suddenly you'll surely win a comp? lol-a-thon :lol: