What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaz's tips

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I know it was mentioned before but Gaz did not even tip Saints to make the 8. He sounded very disapointed in what he saw in the Nines which is scary because even last season when Saints were playing crap he still tipped them to win everytime he was asked.

Kimmorley was asked to name his 8 and 4 clubs he mentioned he either played for or coached. Yeah that includes Raiders who people are tipping for the spoon.

TruSaint

Referee
Call me old fashioned. Im a huge Gaz fan, but it does disappoint somewhat, when one of your own dismisses your chances. Maybe he is being realistic, but I think as a one club man, he could have offered some hope out there, boost moral, memberships etc. Anyway, just my thoughts.

chillwinston

Juniors
I wouldn't be concerned about his predictions, people get it wrong all the time. Just wait a few weeks and we will know for ourselves.

TruSaint

Referee
The season proper hasn't started and a GF winner, and legend publicly announces we r not finals material ... doesn't sit with me well. Right or wrong, Gaz has the right to be somewhat biased.... you are allowed to. Gaz as far as i know isn't employed by the Club, so his duty maybe to Fox and Ch 9. Yep he has a brain and eyes, but he could have massaged the answer, in a manner that I think is not out of line.
Couldnt imagine Terry Lamb, Fittler, Johns, Lockyer, dismissing their club before round 1.

Last edited:

Saint Anger

Juniors
Gaz is right on the money with excluding Saints.

They are f**king hopeless he would have looked like a tool if he picked them for the 8. No pundit in his right mind would go near them.

TruSaint

Referee
I also think we will struggle.
Have said that since Price was kept on. As to Gaz looking like a "tool", dont agree.
You dont demean your own team.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I also think we will struggle.
Have said that since Price was kept on. As to Gaz looking like a "tool", dont agree.
You dont demean your own team.

Calm down mate...He is only saying what he sees.

I hate those biased old footy player pricks who talk up their old clubs.

Yes it's great that you support them but it's good to see Gaz using his brain and not his heart.

I bet he would be the first to be happy to be proven wrong.

TruSaint

Referee

Yes it's great that you support them but it's good to see Gaz using his brain and not his heart.

R&W... Im calm buddy.
Meditating at the moment. But thanks for your concern.
I will say it again, Gaz spoke with his brain. That's fine. He is probably right.
That means sh.. to me as an ex player. A player who was brought back from France to complete a premiership. A brilliant centre. Surely he has a little red and white in his blood to at least encourage the masses? Thats all I ask. He is not a forum member, where we vent our passions. Thats our prerogative. Listen to interviews with past players from all clubs. Rarely, do they dismiss their club PRIOR to the season proper. They hold hope, encourage, and promote the brand. Not Gaz this time.
Anyway, back to meditation....
Grasshopper r u there ....

*cough Fatty Vautin cough*

saints4ever

First Grade
Gasnier is giving his opinion. Nothing wrong with calling it like he sees it. I for one and happy to hear someone be straight forward instead of the constant bullshit we are fed from the club.

gonz

Juniors
Gaz is on the money with a lot he saids shocked me last yr when
I spoke to him and his knowledge and outlook is 2nd to none.

He also said saints should go for Paul Greene and he told
Doust that to, maybe only nines but so far his bloody spot on.

It was right up crownies alley cheap as price, so he must rate
chinless the next big thing dousty, sadly it will take him 6 yrs
to see his wrong again like with browny.

Common sense ?

TruSaint

Referee
Like they all are... impartial. Hilarious.
Highest paid commentator on TV, is partial.
Good on him. People get it. No need to hide under covers .

LatK7

First Grade
Honest opinion. Good on him.

He's probably seen enough of the coaching structure to know we'll finish outside the 8.