What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB Lions Tour 2019

lafai

Bench
Wait till Souths legend Campbell Graham is named (granted mums from Coventry and dads from Glasgow) but he did his hsc here. But with Makinson and McGillvary they may not need Graham

King hit

Coach
Funny that the poms are carrying on about Austin and Coote but they cheer all those South Africans, Kiwis and West Indians in their cricket team

lafai

Bench
1. Ratchford
2. Makinson
3. Gildart
4. Connor
5. McGillvary
6. Widdop
7. Lomax
8. Graham
9. Hodgson
10. Hill
11. Bateman
12. Whitehead
13. Surgess

14. Thompson
15. Turgess
16. Sutton
17. Clark

Am I far off or is this probs the team

roughyedspud

Coach
Funny that the poms are carrying on about Austin and Coote but they cheer all those South Africans, Kiwis and West Indians in their cricket team
The south Africans,kiwis and west Indian England cricketers would walk into the south African,kiwi and west Indian test teams...

Coote & Austin aren't good enough for Australia ....they add nothing to us

Storm13

Juniors
The south Africans,kiwis and west Indian England cricketers would walk into the south African,kiwi and west Indian test teams...

Coote & Austin aren't good enough for Australia ....they add nothing to us
I think Austin at least could add something, but Coote is another story. Shame that the England/GB squad only really choose from the elite SL clubs even when they are playing like shit.

deluded pom?

Coach
I think Austin at least could add something, but Coote is another story. Shame that the England/GB squad only really choose from the elite SL clubs even when they are playing like shit.
Which is another reason why players with international ambitions move to the same few clubs thus keeping the same few clubs at the top more often than not.

Springs09

Juniors
Todd Greenburg was on Vossy's The Fan last night and one of the fan questions was about Australia not playing many games, including not playing Great Britain.

Greenburg's first answer was 'but we're playing them next year'. So Vossy continued on about how Australian fans might want to see Australia play at home and the fact that Great Britain is here this year. Greenburg said shit like 'well they aren't here, they're in New Zealand' and 'we're playing New Zealand and Tonga this year and have to carefully manage player workload'. Then just went on about how great next year's tour will be with 'three tests against Great Britain and possibly a test in France'

FMD

Stallion

First Grade
Todd Greenburg was on Vossy's The Fan last night and one of the fan questions was about Australia not playing many games, including not playing Great Britain.

Greenburg's first answer was 'but we're playing them next year'. So Vossy continued on about how Australian fans might want to see Australia play at home and the fact that Great Britain is here this year. Greenburg said shit like 'well they aren't here, they're in New Zealand' and 'we're playing New Zealand and Tonga this year and have to carefully manage player workload'. Then just went on about how great next year's tour will be with 'three tests against Great Britain and possibly a test in France'

FMD

Yes. I mentioned this on The Fan thread in the media section. An absolute disgrace. It's a total embarrassment for the international game! Diabolical to think that guys in control cannot see the benefits of the Lions playing the Kangaroos on Australian soil during a southern Pacific Lions tour ! Incredible. I'm still shaking my head.

Rhyno

First Grade
Lol Austin and Coote can’t crack it for Australia so go over to England for 6months and are the first players picked for England

You gotta laugh no wonder no one cares about international footy

Stallion

First Grade
Lol Austin and Coote can’t crack it for Australia so go over to England for 6months and are the first players picked for England

You gotta laugh no wonder no one cares about international footy

I'd suggest the more than half a dozen English players currently starring in the NRL is a case for at least one game with the Lions v Kangaroos. It's been disgracefully treated by the administrators of the code! Especially the Australian administrators.

adamkungl

Immortal

FMD

"Possibly a test in France" historically has meant "definitely not a test in France"

Player workload fmd useless merkins
Kiwis and Pom jerseys have magic powers that give players the ability to play an extra 3 games a year

greenBV4

Bench
Kiwis and Pom jerseys have magic powers that give players the ability to play an extra 3 games a year
If player workload was their main concern (which it probably isn't) then thats an easy fix, just ask the players "do you want to play for Australia this year?" - I'm pretty sure most would say yes

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
If player workload was there main concern (which it probably isn't) then thats an easy fix, just ask the players "do you want to play for Australia this year?" - I'm pretty sure most would say yes

We could name 2 or 3 teams as good as any of our opposition
Name a big squad and rotate players
And really all we're asking for this year is a single game vs GB.

Burns

First Grade

FMD
Well that was garbage.

Australia are playing England not Great Britain next year.
Australia are also playing NZ in NZ but no mention of that.

Vossy kinda made the point. Why is the AUSTRALIAN WORLD CHAMPIONS not playing in Australia against anyone, ever.

They played no home matches last year.
They play one next year.

Come 2021 they will have played one match since the 2017 World Cup.

Give me strength.

Springs09

Juniors
"Possibly a test in France" historically has meant "definitely not a test in France"

Yeah and if its player workload why can they play 4 games next year halfway around the world but can't play an extra game in Australia this year.

Springs09

Juniors
Really f**k this Oceania Cup/tour shit if this is all its gonna be. Its just treading water for 3 years until the World Cup. The only Tier 2 development seems to be 'Tonga is popular right now lets give them some games'

deluded pom?

Coach
Well that was garbage.

Vossy kinda made the point. Why is the AUSTRALIAN WORLD CHAMPIONS not playing in Australia against anyone, ever.

They play one next year.

Give me strength.
Very similar to England’s schedule since the 2013 WC.

Stallion

First Grade
Well that was garbage.

They play one next year.

Give me strength.

The Kangaroos are playing the Kiwis in Wollongong in October. But the 'jewel in the crown' game would have to be a test against the touring British Lions. Absolutely disgraceful thinking by our rugby league administrators.

Last edited:

Latest posts