What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
The weird thing for me is 10 minutes or 6 hours with them really doesn't change much in terms of wrong doing. The decision to let them in was the mistake made.

Trying to play it off as only 10 minutes of hanging out as opposed to a few drinks, some dancing etc. IMO changes very little. People wouldnt think any / muh differently if he had said they dropped by and he thoughy f**k it. Lets have some fun. But lying about it makes it look far worse

2 game ban and move on.
The guy broke the rules but it isn't worth a season ban imo.

Kilkenny

Coach
The stupidity of Nathan and the others is worthy of significant suspensions. There would be many others no doubt but most aren’t dumb enough to film themselves and post on social media.

hindy111

Post Whore
The stupidity of Nathan and the others is worthy of significant suspensions. There would be many others no doubt but most aren’t dumb enough to film themselves and post on social media.

I think people are a little hard on these guys. They barely get to do anything during the whole year. Perhaps a 6 week window these days.
There was 4 girls. Not a huge party.

Black Magik

Juniors
I think people are a little hard on these guys. They barely get to do anything during the whole year. Perhaps a 6 week window these days.
Agreed.

Two Qld police officers and a state opposition Minister for Police had a street party of about 20 people in Toowoomba last Sunday. That is deliberate and deserved of the punishment received. Particularly with cops fining the public for "social distancing" infringements.

This outrage is beyond belief.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agreed.

Two Qld police officers and a state opposition Minister for Police had a street party of about 20 people in Toowoomba last Sunday. That is deliberate and deserved of the punishment received. Particularly with cops fining the public for "social distancing" infringements.

This outrage is beyond belief.

AFP recruits had a party in Canberra. A NSW minister got done for flaunting the rules too.

Deserved a punishment got it. The outrage is over the top

GongPanther

Referee
Because he's white?
My brother told me over the phone, so I don't know the nuts about what was said. Watched it last night though. Fox Live plagiarised 3 of my points from the past few days. Foxtel sacked another 70 staff today, so there is no chance of a check in the mail. :)

GongPanther

Referee
At his own house it is definitely not as bad. If he was still at his families home then I would consider it worse, as in a first grade coaches house.
He didn't do himself, or the NRL, any favours by lying though.
In that vid, I was waiting for an appearance of Reg Reagan.

GongPanther

Referee
Really? That was it? So if he said he didnt know that photo was taken, that the media published, is that really lying? Wasn't that what the initial issue was? He could have taken photos, videos, slept with all 5 of them, made them all a ham sandwich and still said, i didnt know the photo was taken?

I am not sticking up for him as its a geniused thing to have done, and he deserved more than he got (along with the other two dickends)
Apparently, Tyrone May wasn't in the photos or vid, and he is living with him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Honestly I couldn't give a bugger about what others have done. Nathan deserves to learn a harsh lesson. I don't think he deserves to be wearing our jersey at the moment. Not until he get's some maturity and some ethics.

Yep I'm angry about it all. Especially choosing not to tell the truth.

After the May issues of 2019 and Cartwright issues of 2018. I'd stupidly though some players had taken a good hard look at their life and how they were living.

(I know the May and Cartwright issues were different, and in some ways worse). But to go on Telly and tell blatent pork pies (when he knew the video existed) blows my small mind.

I'm pissed off. (maybe unjustly) some of us are attempting to do the right thing. I had a cousin (98) die a couple of weeks ago. He was the elder of the clan. (oldest member). We couldn't travel up to celebrate this life, and some snotty nosed football players do this.

GongPanther

Referee
I was bracing myself to hear all players getting between 4-6 weeks.
There were photos video of him drinking. He was there.
Didn't notice him there with all the girls flying everywhere. :)

Kilkenny

Coach

I don’t agree, the fact is the game (V’Landy’s was working day and night) to get the NRL back by the 28th May and everyone involved knew the rules, the risks, the reprecussions of any actual or perceived breaches and you our own most high profile player not only breaking the law, but then lying about it. I’m sorry but if he had been rubbed out for the entire season well frankly it would have been hard to argue against it. I don’t agree with the position adopted by Herbert Henry that this is a cultural issue across the club I just think it is the actions of a stupid immature individual who made stupid decisions and he has gotten off very lightly in my opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t agree, the fact is the game (V’Landy’s was working day and night) to get the NRL back by the 28th May and everyone involved knew the rules, the risks, the reprecussions of any actual or perceived breaches and you our own most high profile player not only breaking the law, but then lying about it. I’m sorry but if he had been rubbed out for the entire season well frankly it would have been hard to argue against it. I don’t agree with the position adopted by Herbert Henry that this is a cultural issue across the club I just think it is the actions of a stupid immature individual who made stupid decisions and he has gotten off very lightly in my opinion.

Yes he was stupid. He is a 22 year old guy that his been left to his own devices for several weeks. It isn’t like he has a job to escape to for a few hours or kids to spend time with. That is why I don’t see as a hanging offence.

Especially when similar actions by AFL players landed them a $3k fine. $2k suspended. Using that as a like for like guide he was punished well enough.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes he was stupid. He is a 22 year old guy that his been left to his own devices for several weeks. It isn’t like he has a job to escape to for a few hours or kids to spend time with. That is why I don’t see as a hanging offence.

Especially when similar actions by AFL players landed them a $3k fine. $2k suspended. Using that as a like for like guide he was punished well enough.

Age is no excuse Franklin. The actions of other’s is not excuse. We were in a time where V’Landy’s was working his butt off to get the game up and running again and all the players had to do way comply with simply rules and instructions which we as a population were for the most part trying to comply with. Maybe not a hanging offence but given what was at stake I find his actions absolutely despicable and disgusting and he deserved to be suspended however much that may have hurt our chances in the disrupted season.

I’m sorry mate but I cannot find any excuses for his stupidity and his lies around his actions.

Like almost all us, Peter Fitzsimmons excluded, I am desperate to see the footy back (and other sports as well) and frankly the actions of Nathan Cleary and others have jeopardised that occurring in the time frame of May 28.

Latest posts