What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
Can someone show how the finals are played.
Week 1 2nd - 4th October.

1 v 4 (Winner progresses to Week 3)
2 v 3 (Winner progresses to Week 3)
5 v 8 (Loser Eliminated)
6 v 7 (Loser Eliminated)

Week 2 9th - 10th October.

Loser of 1 v 4 plays winner of 6 v 7. (Game 1)
Loser of 2 v 3 plays winner of 5 v 8. (Game 2)

Week 3 16th - 17th October
Winner of 1 v 4 from Week 1 plays Winner of Game 2 from Week 2.
Winner of 2 v 3 from Week 2 plays Winner of Game 1 from Week 2.

Grand Final 25th October

The winners of the above two games Week 3 meet in the GF.

I hope I’ve got it right, this is just off the top of my head.

I guess from our perspective we win the 1 v 4 game in Week 1 we go straight to Week 3=where we would be playing for a spot in the GF.

It probably read a little complicated but for those who understand the ways in works it is quite simple. We can lose in Week 1 and still go all the way. Win week 1 but lose in Week 3 and it will be Mad Monday for us and no GF.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench

5 v 8 (Loser Eliminated)
6 v 7 (Loser Eliminated)

Grand Final 25th October

I guess from our perspective we win the 1 v 4 game in Week 1 we go straight to Week 3=where we would be playing for a spot in the GF.

It probably read a little complicated but for those who understand the ways in works it is quite simple. We can lose in Week 1 and still go all the way. Win week 1 but lose in Week 3 and it will be Mad Monday for us and no GF.
So if we stretch our unbeaten streak to 18 I'll be happy :)

maple_69

Bench
With Tamou almost certainly on his way, I wonder who gets the captaincy next year. You’d have to think it’s between Yeo, Cleary and maybe Fish.

franklin2323

Immortal
One of the worst injury hit seasons ive ever seen a club suffer. We are f**king flying now and that wouldn't be the case with Hook. The man is an arrogant merkin who players simply can't work with

Api and Barrett are the big difference. Not much difference between Ivan and hook on coaching skill

Crashtest

Juniors
Api and Barrett are the big difference. Not much difference between Ivan and hook on coaching skill

Totally disagree with you there. One of the major differences from last season is the unity of the playing group and the changes in culture at the club. Getting a team on the bus....so to speak...is Ivan's skill set, not Barrett's. Barrett's previous coaching gig ended up with team mates getting into punch ups, and assistant coaches getting into punch ups.

Plus bringing Api back to the club was Ivan, and hiring a decent assistant coach to fill a skills gap was also Ivan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Totally disagree with you there. One of the major differences from last season is the unity of the playing group and the changes in culture at the club. Getting a team on the bus....so to speak...is Ivan's skill set, not Barrett's. Barrett's previous coaching gig ended up with team mates getting into punch ups, and assistant coaches getting into punch ups.

Plus bringing Api back to the club was Ivan, and hiring a decent assistant coach to fill a skills gap was also Ivan.

Giving we know Gus interferred. Do you think we would have that if he was here?

Can't ignore Ivan's win % over 300 odd games either. There is more to say this is just a freak year. I hope not but have to see how we back up this year

Smug Panther

First Grade
Giving we know Gus interferred. Do you think we would have that if he was here?

Can't ignore Ivan's win % over 300 odd games either. There is more to say this is just a freak year. I hope not but have to see how we back up this year
Ivan is a mid tier coach imo. We were a rabble when he signed and the Warriors are the Warriors

Fangs

Coach
Above average/mid-tier is a fair evaluation. Hasn't won a grand final which is a mark of respect for any coach. Needs to overcome that hurdle and 2020 is the best chance he has had in a long time.

But big on effort. Has a habit of getting the most out of his players. Couple that with competent assistants and a talented football side and 2020 is the result.

franklin2323

Immortal
Above average/mid-tier is a fair evaluation. Hasn't won a grand final which is a mark of respect for any coach. Needs to overcome that hurdle and 2020 is the best chance he has had in a long time.

But big on effort. Has a habit of getting the most out of his players. Couple that with competent assistants and a talented football side and 2020 is the result.

Effort is a big part of it. That is why I put him over Arthur, Mary and a few others but needs the good assists to go well

CCJohnC

Juniors

5 v 8 (Loser Eliminated)
6 v 7 (Loser Eliminated)

Grand Final 25th October

Thank you.

BxTom

Bench

And going back to Hook's fitness regime is also part of our success. Ivan's pieface training last year was a failure. I think there is credit for Ciraldo, Hook, Gould, and Cleary for where we're currently at Cleary is doing the man management very well. He also deserves credit for rejigging his training regime this year. Hook gave us fitness and discipline..

Latest posts