What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Pomoz

Bench
As did Cleary after the shocking start to the season, we won 7 in a row and finishing one win out of the top 8 after being on the bottom of the ladder. That is the comparison I'm making.
Yes, but Cleary inherited a team that had made the semi's three years in a row. He completely f*cked it up last year. Completely. The sex tapes scandal offers some mitigation but it doesn't explain why some players like Katao, for example, looked like they had eaten a horse. The "Pie Face" fitness regime and the "turn it inside" Cleary ball, rendered us into a turgid, unwatchable turd on a stick.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes, but Cleary inherited a team that had made the semi's three years in a row. He completely f*cked it up last year. Completely. The sex tapes scandal offers some mitigation but it doesn't explain why some players like Katao, for example, looked like they had eaten a horse. The "Pie Face" fitness regime and the "turn it inside" Cleary ball, rendered us into a turgid, unwatchable turd on a stick.

Our record after round 10 last year into this year has been great.
The Warriors turnaround under Payten again huge.
Titan did what you would expect with a 1st year coach. Improve the side and make a few roster moves

Alintheeast

Juniors
I am gonna have a spit, I was reading a story on Fox League website and noticed a link to another story about Paul Kent blasting the Storm and Raiders for resting Players ( I don’t like Kent) why is this news. In the scheme of things Kent is a journalist/pundit and his job is to report the news not be the news. He can have an opinion but when does editorial comment become news. Sorry I am probably missing something.

WestyLife

First Grade
Our record after round 10 last year into this year has been great.
The Warriors turnaround under Payten again huge.
Titan did what you would expect with a 1st year coach. Improve the side and make a few roster moves

That's definitely not true. We had a good run mid year than won 2 of the last 8.

20200924_152904.jpg
20200924_152920.jpg
20200924_152939.jpg

franklin2323

Immortal
I am gonna have a spit, I was reading a story on Fox League website and noticed a link to another story about Paul Kent blasting the Storm and Raiders for resting Players ( I don’t like Kent) why is this news. In the scheme of things Kent is a journalist/pundit and his job is to report the news not be the news. He can have an opinion but when does editorial comment become news. Sorry I am probably missing something.

It was the right platform. On the shows is good place for it but it shouldn't be put as news in the paper

franklin2323

Immortal
You're using a record breaking season to hide a bad season.

The 1st 10 weeks were dreadful no hiding that but had a 9 and 5 run after that.

Like GC now. After 15 rounds they were 4 wins 11 losses.

So if you are counting mid season revivals as coach of the year. Then the same would apply to previous years.

Like the Dogs last year had a flurry of wins to end last year

WestyLife

First Grade
The 1st 10 weeks were dreadful no hiding that but had a 9 and 5 run after that.

Like GC now. After 15 rounds they were 4 wins 11 losses.

So if you are counting mid season revivals as coach of the year. Then the same would apply to previous years.

Like the Dogs last year had a flurry of wins to end last year

Last year we lost 7 or so in a row and finished the season with 2 from the last 8. A few wins in the middle doesn't disguise that it was a poor year. They didn't continue the mid season form at all. Even worse it was a top 8 team the previous season.

Titans on the other hand were the worst team in the comp who after half a season under the new coach the team improved to the point they managed to increas on their previous season by 7 positions on the ladder plus off field he's built one of the better forward packs for 2021. There's a reason most neutral fans talk highly of Holbrook.

If Ivan gets it on this year alone he deserves it but even he admitted, this week, that he was bad last year.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Kents job is to write stories. He wrote a story. What's the issue?
The story I am referring to is a story about Kent writing a story. Sometimes you get the feeling that journalist/pundits think there should be a statue of Phil Rothfield at the SFS next to Arthur Beetsons.

franklin2323

Immortal
Last year we lost 7 or so in a row and finished the season with 2 from the last 8. A few wins in the middle doesn't disguise that it was a poor year. They didn't continue the mid season form at all. Even worse it was a top 8 team the previous season.

Titans on the other hand were the worst team in the comp who after half a season under the new coach the team improved to the point they managed to increas on their previous season by 7 positions on the ladder plus off field he's built one of the better forward packs for 2021. There's a reason most neutral fans talk highly of Holbrook.

If Ivan gets it on this year alone he deserves it but even he admitted, this week, that he was bad last year.

Everything you said could of fit Dean Pay last year or Nathan Brown... yet both are gone.

GC were tipped to miss the 8 and did. I don't see how Mal and the front Office making good signings has an impact on how Holbrook coached them

The_Frog

First Grade
He works for News Ltd. It is not in the interests of News Ltd to broadcast games involving reserve grade players while paying first grade rates. Just like Gus always supports the position of his employer so too would Kent.