What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Yeah that's without mentioning distinctions between old and new testaments which apply differently for Jews and Christians.

If we are going to push back it has to be accurate and I think by educating people. It gets forgotten most of the time these beliefs are ingrained from childhood. They didn't really get a choice and sitting the 7 down with Ian Roberts and having an honest discussion could go a long way.

I think Education is key.

You mentioned being ingrained, Their parents would of had it in grained also from the same age.

To change that mindset is the best thing you can do for inclusivity

Goonji

Juniors
Gambling and alcohol aren't issues for Christians unless you get into drunkenness, addiction, love of money territory. Done in moderation it's fine. Muslims have a bigger thing about it.
I agree with "done in moderation". It's the drunkeness, addiction etc and the other issues that comes with that I was alluding to.

Fangs

Coach
Dylan for the Dally M:

Edwards was on 13 points when voting went behind closed doors, six behind Dragons halfback Ben Hunt.

While Hunt will always poll when the Dragons win, there haven’t been many of those lately. It’s why Edwards and Cronulla’s Nicho Hynes are in the mix because their teams have been winning nearly every week.

Edwards has a few other things on his side. He didn’t play State of Origin, he’s only missed one game this season and he won’t have to contend with Cleary because he’s out suspended for a dangerous spear tackle.

---

I'd love to see it happen though it usually goes to more glamorous players.

I think he is a smoky for WC selection as well. With Trbojevic, Ponga and Papenhuyzen out we are lacking back up options at fullback. Latrell, Holmes and perhaps Munster are the guys who could switch there mid-game but if Tedesco gets injured he is a chance to start.

Whino

Bench
Rest up

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary is likely to rest a host of stars for next Saturday night’s clash with North Queensland in Townsville.

Many of them won’t even make the trip up north and will remain home to prepare for the following weekend’s opening round of the Finals. I’d be very surprised if Api Koroisau and Isaah Yeo, among others, make the trip.

Iamback

Coach
Dylan for the Dally M:

Edwards was on 13 points when voting went behind closed doors, six behind Dragons halfback Ben Hunt.

While Hunt will always poll when the Dragons win, there haven’t been many of those lately. It’s why Edwards and Cronulla’s Nicho Hynes are in the mix because their teams have been winning nearly every week.

Edwards has a few other things on his side. He didn’t play State of Origin, he’s only missed one game this season and he won’t have to contend with Cleary because he’s out suspended for a dangerous spear tackle.

---

I'd love to see it happen though it usually goes to more glamorous players.

I think he is a smoky for WC selection as well. With Trbojevic, Ponga and Papenhuyzen out we are lacking back up options at fullback. Latrell, Holmes and perhaps Munster are the guys who could switch there mid-game but if Tedesco gets injured he is a chance to start.

Would they pick him wing?

The back up guys would need to cover several positions

Iamback

Coach
Rest up

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary is likely to rest a host of stars for next Saturday night’s clash with North Queensland in Townsville.

Many of them won’t even make the trip up north and will remain home to prepare for the following weekend’s opening round of the Finals. I’d be very surprised if Api Koroisau and Isaah Yeo, among others, make the trip.

Resting guys is a must. Maybe earlier then last round would be better, I guess flight time is a big part.

Given we play the Friday night of the finals, Hopefully NSW Cup get the week off to take their pressure off

Smug Panther

First Grade
Hopefully the club is looking at ways to rort this covid nonsense in the finals. It's the only thing I can see stopping us