What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Girds89

Bench
They need to move to Campbelltown full-time and 100% commit to it. Otherwise f**k them off

Neg. Balmain is their spiritual home..

Always get their best crowds there.

Its been a while since ive been to Campbelltown but that ground is terrible...

Granted balmain jsnt much better but i think a move their full time makes more sense for them.

Not like they are going to sell out either

Pomoz

Bench
Neg. Balmain is their spiritual home..

Always get their best crowds there.

Its been a while since ive been to Campbelltown but that ground is terrible...

Granted balmain jsnt much better but i think a move their full time makes more sense for them.

Not like they are going to sell out either
That is just romanticism. You need to make business decisions, not hark back to the Roach, Sironen years. Balmain is a league wasteland. They don't gave enough people interested in league or enough kids to form a good junior league. The ground is third rate and in a terrible position.

There is no logical reason to play there other than to placate old Tigers fans. One of reasons they are in the mess they are in is because they focus on the past, not the present and future.

Girds89

Bench
That is just romanticism. You need to make business decisions, not hark back to the Roach, Sironen years. Balmain is a league wasteland. They don't gave enough people interested in league or enough kids to form a good junior league. The ground is third rate and in a terrible position.

There is no logical reason to play there other than to placate old Tigers fans. One of reasons they are in the mess they are in is because they focus on the past, not the present and future.
They sell out balmain every game... thats coming last.

Campbelltown as i said is one of the worst grounds in the comp if not the worst...

Sometimes to get put of a hole you have to be a little romantic...

Most of their fan base that have stuck by them would be from the era you talk about about...

The benji and farah years would be some but they played a lot at balmain too...

I think for the tigers to be successful they need to probs aim for that old area...

Id argue that the Campbelltown area has been lost to penrith and parra young fans over the last 4 to 5 years.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They sell out balmain every game... thats coming last.

Campbelltown as i said is one of the worst grounds in the comp if not the worst...

Sometimes to get put of a hole you have to be a little romantic...

Most of their fan base that have stuck by them would be from the era you talk about about...

The benji and farah years would be some but they played a lot at balmain too...

I think for the tigers to be successful they need to probs aim for that old area...

Id argue that the Campbelltown area has been lost to penrith and parra young fans over the last 4 to 5 years.

Leichhardt is not the working class area it was 50 or 60 years ago. That ground is a hell hole.

The connection to the Balmain community is long gone.
No Parking, do decent seating, facilities 1930-40's. The place needs to be bulldozed.

It has no place within NRL going forward.

If you ask me nicely, I'll tell you how I really feel..
Pepe The Frog School GIF by shremps

age.s

First Grade
Campbelltown has one of the suburbs with the highest rate of NRL player production in the country (Claymore), from memory second only to one of the suburbs in our catchment. Its one of the games most important regions and its currently being left to rot, with participation down YoY. Get a good management team in, focus on developing that area and the Tigers (Magpies) could be successful in a similar vein to us.

I'm not one to discard the merits of the games history, but keeping Balmain around, and the Tigers being a basket case in general has a seriously high opportunity cost.

Sime_11

Juniors
Tigers should look to something similar with Canterbury with majority of games at Campbelltown with a couple at Leichhardt to keep the Balmain side happy = that in turn should push for Campbelltown to be upgraded in the future - the Macarthur area is the future of the Wests Tigers. Leichhardt only will see them die a slow painful death.

Tigers playing out of Accor/ Commbank etc - where is their identity?

Iamback

Coach
Campbelltown has one of the suburbs with the highest rate of NRL player production in the country (Claymore), from memory second only to one of the suburbs in our catchment. Its one of the games most important regions and its currently being left to rot, with participation down YoY. Get a good management team in, focus on developing that area and the Tigers (Magpies) could be successful in a similar vein to us.

I'm not one to discard the merits of the games history, but keeping Balmain around, and the Tigers being a basket case in general has a seriously high opportunity cost.

Except they built their CoE at Concord instead. Dumbest move that club has made

Goonji

Juniors
Tigers should look to something similar with Canterbury with majority of games at Campbelltown with a couple at Leichhardt to keep the Balmain side happy = that in turn should push for Campbelltown to be upgraded in the future - the Macarthur area is the future of the Wests Tigers. Leichhardt only will see them die a slow painful death.

Tigers playing out of Accor/ Commbank etc - where is their identity?
Happy to see them replaced with another team.

snickers007

Juniors
Everyone is entitled to a holiday but the timing is peculiar???

I've got no love for Pascoe, but deadset, you could pick any month on the calendar and come up with a reason why it isn't a good time for an NRL Club CEO to be on holidays.

I feel dumber for having clicked that link. Hooper is a goose, and it's no surprise so many in the game don't answer his calls.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am glad Sheens turned us down after Elliott got the arse. Would have been another Gould blunder.

For anyone that has forgotten.

Thank f**k we didn't get the others mentioned in the article as well. It bought back memories, I remember at the time I was hoping for Nathan Brown out of that list. Glad that never happened either.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I've got no love for Pascoe, but deadset, you could pick any month on the calendar and come up with a reason why it isn't a good time for an NRL Club CEO to be on holidays.

I feel dumber for having clicked that link. Hooper is a goose, and it's no surprise so many in the game don't answer his calls.
Pascoe has been asked on a number of occasions to appear on NRL 360. His latest tactic is to not answer their calls! What a loser I,m glad Gus gave him the flick.

Latest posts