What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well the tigers are looking to move sheens on .they are a shambles .untill they clean out higher up they will continue to struggle
Just show how well we are run from the top right through everyone working together

and to rub salt into W/T wounds. Iva Cleary gave them their best finish in 2018 when he was their coach (9th).

I agree they are a mess.

BxTom

Bench
So I am correct in saying Benji has only had 1 season as an assistant coach. This year under Sheens?
A rookie coach with a dysfunctional head office. What could go wrong?
I think Benji has been white anting (again) and will pay for it. Could be famous last words, but I don't see him being a good coach.

BxTom

Bench
Does Benji have a history of this ? (I honestly can't remember)
He had a lot to say before he left the club last time. Iirc he let some news get to the media and was dropped within a day or so. The fact that he's back is a sign that there are divisions/factions at the club, which is likely the reason they are a basket case.

Fangs

Coach
Tigers on a road to nowhere.

Sheens was just taking the bullets but he is gone now and Marshall will be copping it way more. They must employ 2 new assistant coaches with experience as soon as possible. Their 2024 pre-season starts now.

Whino

Bench
Tigers on a road to nowhere.

Sheens was just taking the bullets but he is gone now and Marshall will be copping it way more. They must employ 2 new assistant coaches with experience as soon as possible. Their 2024 pre-season starts now.

Hook is available

Anything is possible with the Tigers :)

Whino

Bench
I think Benji has been white anting (again) and will pay for it. Could be famous last words, but I don't see him being a good coach.

As an outsider looking in with the clowns at the club. They are setting him up to fail.

Fangs

Coach
As an outsider looking in with the clowns at the club. They are setting him up to fail.

Now that would be absolutely ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past them. Those guys in the head office will do anything to save face.

Its simple. Tell him he is assistant next year and sign a head coach. If he walks then so be it. They'll have the same amount of egg on their faces that they do right now.

Girds89

Bench
Never like seeing a club struggle as long as the tigers have...

I think most of us know and can appreciate the feeling of being a wooden spoon team every year..

I certainly dont take our success atm for granted..

So much hard work by gus and others got our pathways right...

But you cant deny we are kinda blessed atm with a few once in a generation players... and a few stars mixed in...

Imo yeo and nathan are two once in a generational players...

Nathan is still so young in terms of halfbacks and his development... he will continue to get better till he is 30- 31 imo granted no injuries...

And yeo changed the way the game is played... so many teams have tried to copy or take soo many parts of what he does and incorporate that...

Throw in guys like fish, martin, leota, too, luai, edwards... who are just stars and barely have a bad game...

We are certainly blessed atm...

I think we are in position now where with the majority of guys signed... and luai and edwards on the cusp... theres no reason why we cant be competing for top 4-6 for the next 5 years...

Im sure there will be challeges ahead but we are looking great atm.

The fact we can let a bloke like katoa go who will be a star halfback speaks volumes of where we are at...

The tigers im sure will eventually turn it round... they just need to be ruthless imo... douhei is so injury prone id let him go...

Id let half a dozen blokes go atleast and start fresh with rookies...

Build around api, bula, papili bateman and go from there..

It sounds silly but they almost need to clean out the junior deadwood they have...

Go all in for a star half and 5/8 when they are available...

In the mean time they could probably do worse than bring Pearce back for a season..

But imo they should be going after blokes like tyrell may, liam henry, jack cole, mclean... players like that... ive just named mostly panthers but lost clubs have one or two kids screaming for a chance..

Bring in a few kids who are stars in nsw cup.. (and than guys like tyrell who are too good for cup)

Players like that cost not much as they are after an opportunity... than go all in for the spine vacancies and maybe a star forward..

They probs wont because their management is stuffed but... im sure eventually they will turn it round

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I think most of us know and can appreciate the feeling of being a wooden spoon team every year..

But you cant deny we are kinda blessed atm with a few once in a generation players... and a few stars mixed in...

Nathan is still so young in terms of halfbacks and his development... he will continue to get better till he is 30- 31 imo granted no injuries...

And yeo changed the way the game is played... so many teams have tried to copy or take soo many parts of what he does and incorporate that...

Throw in guys like fish, martin, leota, too, luai, edwards... who are just stars and barely have a bad game...

I think we are in position now where with the majority of guys signed... and luai and edwards on the cusp... theres no reason why we cant be competing for top 4-6 for the next 5 years...

The fact we can let a bloke like katoa go who will be a star halfback speaks volumes of where we are at...

The tigers im sure will eventually turn it round... they just need to be ruthless imo... douhei is so injury prone id let him go...

It sounds silly but they almost need to clean out the junior deadwood they have...

In the mean time they could probably do worse than bring Pearce back for a season..

But imo they should be going after blokes like tyrell may, liam henry, jack cole, mclean... players like that... ive just named mostly panthers but lost clubs have one or two kids screaming for a chance..

Bring in a few kids who are stars in nsw cup.. (and than guys like tyrell who are too good for cup)

Players like that cost not much as they are after an opportunity... than go all in for the spine vacancies and maybe a star forward..

They probs wont because their management is stuffed but... im sure eventually they will turn it round
They need to move to Campbelltown full-time and 100% commit to it. Otherwise f**k them off

Nealo 12

First Grade

Hope not keep them down so youngsters grow up supporting winners like us

Latest posts