What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
The main thing is they are coming from successful clubs. Even cheaper players like Salmon, Knight, Taukeiaho and Taffe. Not so much halves but they are in short supply anyway. He could use another Soward and a quality prop. Thompson hasn't delivered for them.

Injuries and a rookie coach haven't helped. When things started going bad this year they didn't have the experience to turn it around and they fell to bits.

Lack of a clear plan has hurt.

You are right they lack an experienced half, Yet they go and pay at $500k transfer fee for Karl Olapau because he wants to play 6... Yet they have a $900k 6 in Burton.

That stuff hurts the cap for going after exact needs

Fangs

Coach
Lack of a clear plan has hurt.

You are right they lack an experienced half, Yet they go and pay at $500k transfer fee for Karl Olapau because he wants to play 6... Yet they have a $900k 6 in Burton.

That stuff hurts the cap for going after exact needs

Not all great decisions but they have enough for a big fish or two. They will be praying for a big name release in the off-season. Hunt would have been great for them.

Old mate Mitchell Pearce might have been the guy but I don't think he is coming back.

Iamback

Coach
Not all great decisions but they have enough for a big fish or two. They will be praying for a big name release in the off-season. Hunt would have been great for them.

Old mate Mitchell Pearce might have been the guy but I don't think he is coming back.

Not sure they have the cap space if that happens.

Dearden is the one I would go for in 2025

Fangs

Coach
Not sure they have the cap space if that happens.

Dearden is the one I would go for in 2025

Canterbury Bulldogs forward Tevita Pangai Jr has dropped a bombshell on the NRL, quitting rugby league to pursue a professional boxing career.

The Daily Telegraph reports the 27-year-old will play out the season with the Bulldogs before quitting rugby league with a year to run on his $750,000 contract.

---

Doesn't take long for Gus to find a way.

Good bit of business considering how poor he has been for the Dogs. The bad bit was signing him in the first place.

Canterbury Bulldogs forward Tevita Pangai Jr has dropped a bombshell on the NRL, quitting rugby league to pursue a professional boxing career.

The Daily Telegraph reports the 27-year-old will play out the season with the Bulldogs before quitting rugby league with a year to run on his $750,000 contract.

---

Good bit of business considering how poor he has been for the Dogs. The bad bit was signing him in the first place.
That's a coaching issue

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Little old Gussy is getting up to his old tricks again. He must be getting a golden handshake. I'd say he was given the tap on the shoulder, with money as a sweetener......Laundrys to the rescue perhaps. Who knows.

As long as Gould and his friends keep away from Luai, I'm fine.
I have very little doubts Gus did questionable things while here as well

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Merrin admitted as much

To me it was way dodgy even at the time. Gussy steamrolls people. That's probably why Ivan made darn sure he wasn't gunna be around once he returned.
At was (I believe) the beginning of the end for Gussy, he was starting to wear out his welcome.

Not taking away any of the great stuff he did when he was here. But I think he was wearing thin with some of the suits by this time.

John Hamblin

Juniors

---

IF boxing doesnt work out for TPJ could he make a late season signing for us next year??

Latest posts