What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Complete moron. At least take your court date seriously and act with a little professionalism.
When he was doing silly faces after a game last month I got told there was nothing in it, but it's his attitude. Even after normally you get told not to talk to the media and he is there having a conversation with the reporter.

Doesnt he have a lawyer?

Fangs

Coach
nah promote our next gen - Lomax attitude is disruptive, dont need his shit here at the panthers

Flanagan is a genius.

He moves him to the wing so he can't throw his stupid flick pass. Gets him playing his best football, now a NSW winger and found a way to do all that while simultaneously pissing him off enough to make him leave the Dargons next year.

Kilkenny

Coach
A little smirk doesn't do much though. People just like to sook about everything
I guess read into it what you want to I guess.

Ive watched it a couple of times now, I don’t know what to make of it.

Regardless of what take anyone makes, the key point out of all of this, is May after a year out of the game following his ACL issue, effectively loses another year as a consequence of his DV matter.

As I suggested much earlier he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, but either way, just putting yourself in such a position is hard to fathom. Disappointing for May, awful for his partner Im sure given the potential breakdown of a relationship with children involved and least of all I guess the impact on the club. It’s just dreadful all round.

Iamback

Coach
I guess read into it what you want to I guess.

Ive watched it a couple of times now, I don’t know what to make of it.

Regardless of what take anyone makes, the key point out of all of this, is May after a year out of the game following his ACL issue, effectively loses another year as a consequence of his DV matter.

As I suggested much earlier he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, but either way, just putting yourself in such a position is hard to fathom. Disappointing for May, awful for his partner Im sure given the potential breakdown of a relationship with children involved and least of all I guess the impact on the club. It’s just dreadful all round.

I can't blame him for putting himself in that situation until we see how it plays out but yes no good for all involved

Kilkenny

Coach
I can't blame him for putting himself in that situation until we see how it plays out but yes no good for all involved
I’m not entering into the guilt or innocence debate but I don’t understand how anyone given whats at stake can put themselves into the position he now finds himself in.

Surprised the backlog of hearing matters at Penrith Local Court means he couldn’t get a hearing date before March next year. It was always highly unlikely he would get a hearing date before the end of this current season, but March next year kind of surprised me.

betcats

Referee
I’m not entering into the guilt or innocence debate but I don’t understand how anyone given whats at stake can put themselves into the position he now finds himself in.

Surprised the backlog of hearing matters at Penrith Local Court means he couldn’t get a hearing date before March next year. It was always highly unlikely he would get a hearing date before the end of this current season, but March next year kind of surprised me.

Speculation here but i think sometimes the lawyars recommend pushing it out as much as possible. Im assuming a lot of the case against him is statements, potentially by next year minds have changed or things have been forgotten.

Kilkenny

Coach
Speculation here but i think sometimes the lawyars recommend pushing it out as much as possible. Im assuming a lot of the case against him is statements, potentially by next year minds have changed or things have been forgotten.
The Magistrate yesterday would have made an order for Police to serve a full brief of evidence on the accused (his defence solicitor/barrister). The brief if evidence contains all of the victims statements, witness statements (if there are any we don’t actually know), medical evidence, photographs etc etc. I’m not sure such a lengthy adjournment benefits Taylan May other than if, by chance or otherwise he may reconcile with the alleged victim in the mean time. I’m sure there are AVO’s in place prohibiting him from having contact with the alleged victim, but let’s be realistic here, in the real world many alleged offenders/victims reconcile and things can change prior to the matter being heard.

Other than the video of him leaving the Court complex there doesn’t appear to have been any reporting of the alleged facts around the alleged offences so we are in the dark so to speak.

Iamback

Coach
He did his try celebration coming out of his court case for DV......

He made a camera signal.

Maybe he was shocked that press was there who knows really. None of us know how we'd react in that situation

As I said not the worst thing hell not even a top 5 worst thing a May in general has done

Latest posts