What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geographically, which teams in the NRL don't make sense?

Goddo

Bench
carcharias, you are way off. IF the NRL expands, the Reds will be the first licence issued.

bobmar28

Bench
WA should be next team in but SEQ needs a new team soon. That Victorian newspaper the Australian is claiming an increase in crowds and TV viewers justifies the AFL's expansion to Gold Coast and GWS.

WA should be next team in but SEQ needs a new team soon. That Victorian newspaper the Australian is claiming an increase in crowds and TV viewers justifies the AFL's expansion to Gold Coast and GWS.

Their attendance average has decreased and GWS haven't played a game yet, but they've increased AFL's crowds and TV viewers?

Who writes crap like that....

carcharias

Immortal
carcharias, you are way off. IF the NRL expands, the Reds will be the first licence issued.

show some proof to this claim.

anyway...

ya reckon?

Ask Muzby about how much publicity rugby league gets in Melb....that's only 1.5 hr away from syd.
..and they are potential premiers .
Who is going to want to prop up a team in a different timezone with virtually no media interest.

when will they play games for free to air tv games over there....kick off on a friday arvo at 5.30pm?...12.30pm on Sundays?..people mustn't work or play sport if that's to be the case.

It is a nice thought ...( I actually love WA - I would live there again) but I can't see the NRL taking a chance on another WA team for a long time.

I have seen no evidence at all of any rugby league interest in my travels through WA.

At least here in Sydney we have AFL, Union and soccer live on free tv .

I saw more rugby league footage on TV in Indonesia 2 weeks ago than I ever have in my 10 or so trips through WA .

Like I said ..I was in Carnarvon during the NRL GF a few years ago.
The only thing I could get was the broacast on radio...well sort of...half way through they cut the broadcast to go to the local Aussie Rules GF.

As much as perthred wants it to happen ...Perth probably won't happen IMO.
The monetary risk is too big.

He should move back here...I'm guessing he is originally from either NSW or QLD.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol you have no idea. As I suggest you do some research before sprouting rubbish that makes you look ignorant. Take a read back through the WA Reds bid thread, you will see Gallop, Annesley, Hill, players, CEO's, coaches and fans have all backed Perth as a favourite option for expansion. No interest that is why we just sold out a RL game in perth, how about a 7.30pm Ko for a live 9.30pm game?

Tell you what join up to the WA Red Army and we will happy keep you up to date with all the latest WA RL developments!
www.warzone.net.au

Enjoy watching your broke team in your empty stadium, I'll look forward to the day I join 20k packing NIB to watch the Reds KO a glorious new future for RL in WA!

RufusRex

Post Whore
I stated the plain truth ...being... nobody gives a toss about nrl in WA.
It is an AFL state...through and through.
the odd ex NSWelshman or QLDner living there might be interested.

I lived and worked there ...he called me
however
I know what I witnessed first hand there. .

besides they have already tried WA...it didn't work.

Melbourne barely works.

Cronulla doesnt work .. never has ... every 5-10 years another handout is required to keep them afloat ...

carcharias

Immortal
good website.
news, forum and merch tabs across the top don't work.
Looks like it wasn't tested with different screen resolutions , plus the fonts are shyte...too big.

as for the game you sold out.
That joint needs to be dug up and done again...no way is that up to NRL standard.
The drainage is woeful.

don't begin to say it doesn't rain like that in Cronulla....it flogs down every game just about.
no such problems with the ground being 4 inches under water here.

anyway...keep dreamin.

by the way...
can you tell everyone what time sunday arvo footy is on tele in perth?

caylo

Bench

In terms of the Sydney clubs I find Parra and Penrith are a bit too close and probably Wests as well.

In terms of distance there is probably 30km between parra and penrith, Parra is closer to Balmain, Canterbury and Redfern then it is to penrith. Just because they are both west doesn't mean there close

RufusRex

Post Whore
In terms of distance there is probably 30km between parra and penrith, Parra is closer to Balmain, Canterbury and Redfern then it is to penrith. Just because they are both west doesn't mean there close

yeah .. but at the border .. where they join each other they are really really close :)

Perth Red

Post Whore
good website.
Looks like it wasn't tested with different screen resolutions , plus the fonts are shyte...too big.
Really, what system are you using? Works fine with IE and Firefox and font is just fine (meets disability access standards)

That joint needs to be dug up and done again...no way is that up to NRL standard.
The drainage is woeful.
lol , I've been to Shark Park, if that is the NRL standard we have no worries!

don't begin to say it doesn't rain like that in Cronulla....it flogs down every game just about.

However, Capsis insisted there were major environmental problems that should be discussed.
''Yes, there are problems - there's flood issues for a start,'' he told The Sun-Herald.
''The risk of a flood at Shark Park isn't some kind of big secret - it flooded a few years ago.
''It is one of a few issues that need to be seriously looked at.
''It's a flood plain and these areas flood. It happened [at Toyota Stadium] a few years ago and all I can say is people have a short memory.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...b-in-crisis-20110219-1b07i.html#ixzz1Ubj0Uw3k

anyway...keep dreamin.
Vision without action is just dreamin, (bit like Sharks hopes of ever winning anything) We have plenty of action and our vision is soon to be realised.

by the way...
12.30AM, Imagine how big the game will become when we finally get it live!

Moffo

Referee
good website.

The drainage is woeful.

anyway...keep dreamin.

by the way...

Lulz

HowHigh

Coach
good website.
The tabs work fine for me?
Can't comment on the resolution because its good for me but may not be for you.

carcharias

Immortal
However, Capsis insisted there were major environmental problems that should be discussed.
''Yes, there are problems - there's flood issues for a start,'' he told The Sun-Herald.
''The risk of a flood at Shark Park isn't some kind of big secret - it flooded a few years ago.
''It is one of a few issues that need to be seriously looked at.
''It's a flood plain and these areas flood. It happened [at Toyota Stadium] a few years ago and all I can say is people have a short memory.

hahahaha
that old nutter has been banging on in the local newspaper for months.
He has yet to attend one single development meeting or accept any invitation with the board to discuss his concerns.
He has been asked numerous times. He doesn't even reply.

By all means do your best to back up this lunatic with a few pics of alledged floods at shark park.

links still dont work properly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
links work fine, its you!

Funny you saying no evidence of RL interest in Perth, driving to work today I was behind 3 cars with NRL club stickers in the back (1 Wests, 2 Sth's) plus my WA reds one.

carcharias

Immortal
it as a resolution issue..believe me ..or don't . pfftt
I am just letting you know.
Change your resolution around and you'll see what I mean.
Drag the arrow across each link and you'll see what I mean.

yep 4 stickers is ground enough to start and entire new footy team.
my mistake.

I saw a german sheppard club sticker on a car this morning..I better alert Gallop

anyway .
good luck to perth...I just reckon other places would appreciate it more.

Perth Red

Post Whore
hah how did I know you'd come back with that, just counteracting your claim that in WA there is no evidence ANYONE follows RL. On a short drive I clearly saw some, in fact more than I saw Western Force stickers in cars. Add those 4 to the 22,000 who paid up to $39 for a ticket in June and the 110,000 tuning in to SOO3 plus the 1500 kids playing the game and the 400K RL area expats in Perth and yep I'd say Gallop should and is definately looking at us.

Thanks for the heads up about the website, even if it was done as a dig, I'll get our techy club member to see what he can do.

ps our totally voluntary run supporters group is approaching its 500th member in a few months of existence, not bad for a place with no RL fans! As the only bid with a supporters led group it is yet another sign of how desperate WA is for an NRL team of our own.

Last edited:
As the only bid with a supporters led group it is yet another sign of how desperate WA is for an NRL team of our own.

You do realize that the CCBears membership drives are ongoing due to a voluntary support group? It's always been both bids who have been pushed by the fans.

carcharias

Immortal
15 1/2 k showed up for you guys to the one and only game in years.

sharks had almost 19k 6 weeks ago on a sunday arvo to a standard club game.

The shire is full of young familys...kids are in bed by 8pm...look at when most of our games are scheduled.

I will let you work it out.

as for the website...it is what I do for a job and it was the first thing I saw when I opened it up.

common web design problem.