What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Burgess charged

God-King Dean

Immortal
Why can't they just buy the cheapest carton of beer possible from Aldi & get drunk on their lounge like normal people?

beer_204846.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
How long until the NRL release a statement suspending his registration? It was about 8-10 hours after Fergo's incident became news wasn't it?

Can't be long now.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Why can't they just buy the cheapest carton of beer possible from Aldi & get drunk on their lounge like normal people?

beer_204846.jpg

I reckon this is half the problem, in days past you would have a few schooners after training 2-3 days per week then a few more after the game. These days only sport drinks, so when they hit the piss they go on a bender; probably a facet of Gen Ys attitude to drinking also.

ek999

First Grade
How long until the NRL release a statement suspending his registration? It was about 8-10 hours after Fergo's incident became news wasn't it?

Can't be long now.

Are you complaining to the Raiders about them supporting the punishment dished out to him? Or are you ignoring that?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Bunniesman never seems to disappoint with his subjective and agenda driven points. I used to question why it was that he could spit out so many stupid comments. Then I heard a quote about dumb people that makes a lot of sense. It goes something like this - Stupid people lack the ability to know that they are stupid, as it takes some degree of intelligence to be able to be aware if they are intelligent or not.

thorson1987

Coach
Neither the club nor the player are using any excuses or defense. Noone is. Burgess has admitted he did the wrong thing.

That has been very rare in all of these incidents lately. Very rarely do players take full responsibility from day 1 and Burgess has.

He'll be playing next week and it'll be all good.

You do realise Tamou took full responsibility.

f**k me I haven't seen so many backflips since the Gymnastics at the Olympics.

ek999

First Grade
Do you think the Raiders had a choice?

No they don't have any choice in the punishment but they don't need to come out and say they support the punishment. Instead of saying they support the punishment they could have said we accept the punishment.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
No they don't have any choice in the punishment but they don't need to come out and say they support the punishment. Instead of saying they support the punishment they could have said we accept the punishment.

FMD, it's good PR to say they "support" the decision.......especially when they don't have a choice.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree entirely with this. If I was a professional athlete I wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol during the season because binge drinking obviously has a negative effect on training and performance.

But that seems draconian to some people. If I was running a club there'd be blanket season long alcohol bans.

If I was employed to do that yes I would. A stupid drunken prank is one thing, but attacking a minder is a different thing. Burgess would have stopped if a minder was there to tell him no.
I'd insult you for being so f**king stupid, but knowing that you have never left the coop allows me to refrain from any slander and understand why you say the dumb shit you do.

_snafu_

Immortal
I wonder who's next to screw up. We should do a sweepstakes.

Better still, I wonder if Tommy has a market on this.

"If a Waterhouse gets charged by the racing stewards before the next footballer gets arrested, you'll get your money back. Remember, gamble responsibly"

Latest posts