What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I noticed that the husky one was incredibly outspoken during the negotiations of Gasnier to the Dragons. Saying that it will create an inequality. Just wondering what he thinks now with the bopper of a contract signed by GI to the Broncos?

Are the circumstances even the same? Gasnier was a top quality centre signed to the strongest team in the comp mid season without loss of player. Inglis is a top quality centre signed by a team on the cusp of the 8 to replace another top quality centre who leaves at the end of they year.

Danish

Referee
It doesnt matter how many they lose, all that matter is how many they retain, and recruit.

Broncs will have 5 starting QLD reps in their side next year, 3 of which (hodges, Inglis, Hannant) they have recruited from other clubs on huge money.

Its not quite the 11 they've had in the past I suppose.

I noticed that the husky one was incredibly outspoken during the negotiations of Gasnier to the Dragons. Saying that it will create an inequality. Just wondering what he thinks now with the bopper of a contract signed by GI to the Broncos?

The Broncos are looking decidedly strong for next year given the deal for Hannant as well. Not to mention Hodges, Thaiday, Wallace and Lockyer being on decent deals.

Throw in obvious upgrades for furture Origin players such as Yow Yeh and Gillett who are no doubt on some modest short-term contracts and it's obvious the Broncos are pushing the envelope.

I'm confident we won't hear a peep from Lockyer.

Hypocrite.

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

BDH

Juniors
To answer the OP, Lockyer is currently resting his rib cartilage damage, however still doing ball work with the boys this week.

That and counting his Test & QLD Caps, SoO wins, Premiership rings, Golden Boot awards and test tries.

Where's Gasnier?

user_nat

Coach
Not quite sure you understand what Lockyer was getting at.

Hypotheticly for it to be the same Brisbane would have to be pretty much at the cap this year and recruit Inglis mid season on match payments. Which would be full cap + expensive player who gets paid more in following years to make up for it. Which results in the team being stronger for that season thanthe cap would normally allow for.

Which is actually nothing like the Inglis/Broncos thing.

Not quite sure you understand what Lockyer was getting at.

Hypotheticly for it to be the same Brisbane would have to be pretty much at the cap this year and recruit Inglis mid season on match payments. Which would be full cap + expensive player who gets paid more in following years to make up for it. Which results in the team being stronger for that season thanthe cap would normally allow for.

Which is actually nothing like the Inglis/Broncos thing.

Agree 100%

Nothing alike.

SET2JT

Juniors
LOL, but it is ok the Dragons can sign Gasnier for nothing it is all good.:crazy:
The diference is the Dragons signed Gaz and had to let Costigan,Smith,Priddis,Green,Thorby, Henry and more go. While the Broncos sign G.I and Hannet and Hannet wouldn't have come cheap and might or have let Sims go.

hellteam

First Grade
I have no idea why you guys are complaining so much about our team for next year. And saying that we are odds on for the premiership is also a joke. We have A LOT of work to do, we're struggling to make the eight this year and no two players is going to fix that straight away.

Our team from last year and the year before was way better anyway.

BDH

Juniors
Shhhh guys. The OP has Mundine as his avatar, clearly "they" are out to hold him down from achieving his dreams.

Hey, let's blame NewsLimited!!!!!

hellteam

First Grade
I can't understand this, we've lost Folau - and got Inglis. They would both be on similar money, if not exactly the same.

boxa777

Coach
Shhhh guys. The OP has Mundine as his avatar, clearly "they" are out to hold him down from achieving his dreams.

Hey, let's blame NewsLimited!!!!!

What's Mundine got to do with this? Are you incapable of the discussion?

Just thought I'd highlight Lockyer's silence for what it is. Whilst the situations are clearly not identical, it is a little more than a straight swap of Inglis for Folau. Hannant is coming over on good money as well.

hellteam

First Grade

hellteam

First Grade
What's Mundine got to do with this? Are you incapable of the discussion?

Just thought I'd highlight Lockyer's silence for what it is. Whilst the situations are clearly not identical, it is a little more than a straight swap of Inglis for Folau. Hannant is coming over on good money as well.

Yeah, we lost Hunt the year before...

Not to mention about 6 other internationals/origin players...

But this has all been said before, if you haven't listened by now there's no point really

Johns Magic

Referee
If theres one club I wouldnt accuse of cap issues it is Brisbane. You only have to count the constant quality players they have let go/had leave them every year for the past 6 years. They seem to be the club who suffers from producing and then loosing players the most.

Do you want a list of all the players who have left the Storm in the last few years?

Israel Folau
Matt King
Steve Bell
Jake Webster
Matt Geyer
Scott Hill
Matt Orford
Ben Cross
Nathan Friend
Antonio Kaufusi
David Kidwell
Steve Turner
Michael Crocker
Scott Anderson
Will Chambers
Dallas Johnson
Jeremy Smith
Joe Tomane
Clint Newton
Matt Cross

and more

That list would rival anyones. Who you release means nothing.

gUt

Coach
Pretty sure most of the jealous, paranoid haters in this thread would rather he went to AFL than to Brisbane.

Do you want a list of all the players who have left the Storm in the last few years?

Israel Folau
Matt King
Steve Bell
Jake Webster
Matt Geyer
Scott Hill
Matt Orford
Ben Cross
Nathan Friend
Antonio Kaufusi
David Kidwell
Steve Turner
Michael Crocker
Scott Anderson
Will Chambers
Dallas Johnson
Jeremy Smith
Joe Tomane
Clint Newton
Matt Cross

and more

That list would rival anyones. Who you release means nothing.

If you're going as far back as Orford, then our list rivals theres for sure

Johns Magic

Referee
If you're going as far back as Orford, then our list rivals theres for sure

Scratch Orford then, if I was to include him I could also include Robbie Kearns, Alex Chan etc.

The point is, the Storm lose a lot of good players every year, and always have...and they rarely ever recruited a big name either.