What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

_Johnsy

Referee
I'm just going to keep quoting this for you.

You can quote that all you like. As per my previous post, it does not change the my earlier comments. I am yet to see one Bronco fan acknowledge that they have cheated the cap, just as Don NISSSEN gave evidence relating directly to this.

However have brisbane ever backended a deal, if so was it given the OK by the NRL? If No then you are delusional, if yes, why is it wrong for St.George to do the same with Gaz (with NRL's ok) there is the hypocrisy.

Don NISSEN gave evidence under oath that shady deals were being done through the group i mentioned earlier. A Brisbane supporter on here has said that players salaries are not known in the public domain, so any figure reported by anyone on here is pure seculation & holds no weight.

Not to cast aspersions on any brisbane fans on this website, but given the choice of a former director of the club giving evidence under oath in a QLD court of law or some self appointed know alls on this site. Surely even gut & lockyrulz can see this.

"In a nutshell that puts the club up to $1.5 million better off for next year."

Before the signing of Hannant, Inglis and Tronc and upgraded contracts of Tronc, Hunt, Te'o, Norman and Hoffman and still before requiring to fill up the rest of the 25 man squad?

benj4

Juniors
LOL at the jealousy in this thread. f**king hilarious.

A lot of people at the start of the year were saying we would miss the eight because our roster is sh*t and recruitment is sh*t. How times change...

And it's not a big deal if we lose some players. The Dragons got Boyd and we replaced him with Yow Yeh/Winterstein. The Rabbits got Taylor and we found Gillett. Hunt left and was replaced by Hoffman. Stagg left and we found Glenn. Clinton left and was replaced with McGuire/Dodds. The cycle will go on...be happy that we are developing some good young players that your club might poach some day.

Razor

Coach
I can't understand this, we've lost Folau - and got Inglis. They would both be on similar money, if not exactly the same.

The Broncos used Folaus money to signed Hannant.

And Inglis is twice as good as Folau.

On form Folau shouldn't even have been in the QLD side.

Razor

Coach
L
And it's not a big deal if we lose some players. The Dragons got Boyd and we replaced him with Yow Yeh/Winterstein. The Rabbits got Taylor and we found Gillett. Hunt left and was replaced by Hoffman. Stagg left and we found Glenn. Clinton left and was replaced with McGuire/Dodds. The cycle will go on...be happy that we are developing some good young players that your club might poach some day.

The Broncos signed Winterstein from the Roosters. They didn't develop him.

Also you're forgetting a few elite players the Broncos signed - Folau, Wallace, Ennis, Anderson, Clinton, Te'o and others. There was an article in the SMH last year. The Broncos only had 4 players in their 25 man squad they developed themselves. 11 teams had more.

benj4

Juniors
The Broncos signed Winterstein from the Roosters. They didn't develop him.

Also you're forgetting a few elite players the Broncos signed - Folau, Wallace, Ennis, Anderson, Clinton, Te'o and others. There was an article in the SMH last year. The Broncos only had 4 players in their 25 man squad they developed themselves. 11 teams had more.

I didn't say that we developed Winterstein.

BDH

Juniors
Reading this thread is akin to watching Dr Hibbert explain to Homer the 5 phases of emotion involved with grief.

Throughout this thread, the Sydneysiders have showed every range of emotion...in almost the exact order Dr Hibbert described!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

badav

Bench
did gordon nuttal's 'charity' home get sold to inglis?

is he at the broncos courtesy of the ken talbot scholarship?

Nah the way they managed to seal the deal was just having a chat with the dragons accountants.

They knew better than anyone how to finalise a squad of 25 players, spend up to the salary cap, and then slip a half a million dollar a season center under there too. He also explained to them how such dealings could be balanced by offloading a player equivalent to Neville Costigan.

Jason Maher

Immortal
ALP propaganda aside, that's negotiation. If you think that lacks integrity, then it's a good thing you're not running a football club.

I'm not an ALP voter. You continue to miss the point. Why did your CEO come out and say that you'd made your final offer to Inglis, and that he could take it or leave it? Why should anyone believe anything Bruno Cullen says after he went back on that? Was it a case of telling a little white lie in order to prevent a bidding war with the Titans?

BDH

Juniors
I'm not an ALP voter. You continue to miss the point. Why did your CEO come out and say that you'd made your final offer to Inglis, and that he could take it or leave it? Why should anyone believe anything Bruno Cullen says after he went back on that? Was it a case of telling a little white lie in order to prevent a bidding war with the Titans?

It is you who is missing the point. When you go to buy a used car, do you reach a figure that you say is the highest you can go, in order to get the seller to lower their asking price??

You know you could find an extra amount if you had to but would rather not. If this stops a bidding war by an opponent more power to you....it's called negotiation.

If you think it shows a flaw in a CEO's character then you shouldn't breathe anymore.

BTW, you do realise the club "found" an extra $40k don't you? It's not like they suddenly found an extra $100k or something.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

And you continue to push this tired excuse of a point, that Brisbane withholding their best offer until the last minute somehow displays a lack of integrity.

Latest posts