What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

Jason Maher

Immortal
Just out of curiousity more than anything, do you consider your club's management and coaching staff to have integrity? If so, why?

You and Mr. Grimes seem to be insinuating something about the Dragons management, but I'm stuffed if I can figure out what. Please fill me in on the details.

To answer your question, yes, unless someone can point out to me instances that suggest otherwise. Although like most Saints fans I do regard Peter Doust as somewhat of an idiot.

Big Pete

Referee
Broncs will have 5 starting QLD reps in their side next year, 3 of which (hodges, Inglis, Hannant) they have recruited from other clubs on huge money.

While the money point is fair, both Hannant and Hodges are club juniors. The impression you gave me was that we were cherry picking sides ala Canterbury which isn't the case at all.

yes but then he signed with the Broncos. He's on a Broncos contract, not on a Redclffe contract.

Never said he was on a Redcliffe contract. Just that he was coming back to play for Redcliffe. With that knowledge one would assume he's on a very modest contract.

Yes and newspapers never make stuff up do they

What would you know?
And Inglis is twice as good as Folau.

On form Folau shouldn't even have been in the QLD side.

Name me one better right winger.

The Broncos signed Winterstein from the Roosters. They didn't develop him.

Wrong.

We signed him from Easts Tigers.

They then nominated him to train with the first grade squad and he kept impressing the coaching staff with his effort and then signed with the club.

The Broncos only had 4 players in their 25 man squad they developed themselves. 11 teams had more.

2008 or 2009?

Either way, they're wrong.

Jason, your points on Cullen are fairly petty.

He never boosted the base offer of 400K, the portion that is counted towards the salary cap.

macavity

Referee
I know enough about the Broncos.

I know they are a disgrace of a club who have an almost unbelievable sense of arrogance and entitlement.

I know that they nearly killed the game out of greed, and are still stunting and perverting it at every opportunity.

I know the game would be far better off if they had never existed.

Anything more you would like to add?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You and Mr. Grimes seem to be insinuating something about the Dragons management, but I'm stuffed if I can figure out what. Please fill me in on the details.

To answer your question, yes, unless someone can point out to me instances that suggest otherwise. Although like most Saints fans I do regard Peter Doust as somewhat of an idiot.

* The night Jarryd Hype was shot at

* Gasnier was implicated as being involved in a brawl outside a Maccas in the Cross after being denied entry to a hotel across the street.

* The club releases a statement on Monday claiming that Gasnier "was not in the city or vicinity at the time of any alleged incidents".

* CCTV footage is released clearly showing Gasnier involved in a brawl outside a Maccas in the Cross after being denied entry to a hotel across the street.

* Tuesday, the club fines Gasnier for his involvement, and Doust claims that he was referring to the specific incident of Hype being shot at, when he said "any alleged incidents"

I'm guessing you didn't make grand accusations about a lack of integrity from the red V.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This actually makes me think Broncos are definitely under the cap.

If they were, no way in hell they'd try to sign Inglis after the Storm broo-ha-ha.

agreed
they must be very confident of being all above board or at least very confident they've hidden it better than the storm did
they know this signing would come with the amount of questions being asked right now, so if they were cheating i tend to think they wouldnt have gone to the trouble of creating more questions by signing inglis

that being said, they have 20 3rd party deals in play right now... how on earth does a small town team like Newcastle, Canberra or Cronulla manage to compete when they have this kind of advantage

Im not saying that the NRL should limit 3rd party deals but there has got to be a realisation soon that the playing field is not level, despite the SC and that concessions for juniors need to be ramped up so clubs like mine who simply cant attract talent can remain on close to an even playing field

Leagueman

Juniors
agreed
they must be very confident of being all above board or at least very confident they've hidden it better than the storm did
they know this signing would come with the amount of questions being asked right now, so if they were cheating i tend to think they wouldnt have gone to the trouble of creating more questions by signing inglis

that being said, they have 20 3rd party deals in play right now... how on earth does a small town team like Newcastle, Canberra or Cronulla manage to compete when they have this kind of advantage

Im not saying that the NRL should limit 3rd party deals but there has got to be a realisation soon that the playing field is not level, despite the SC and that concessions for juniors need to be ramped up so clubs like mine who simply cant attract talent can remain on close to an even playing field

And their major sponser next year is the NRMA, not exactly a local company in QLD. Which goes to show that there is options outside your own back yard.

macavity

Referee
That the Broncos are the best club in the NRL and it eats you up inside.

Love it.

Don't get my hatred of the Broncos mixed up with jealousy.

I would rather win spoon after spoon than support that abortion of a company.

Nothing to do with their success - everything to do with the downright criminal way they achieved it.

gUt

Coach
Speaking of criminals, how is the Danny Wicks/Chris Houston/??/??/etc drug dealing investigation going? Have they had their day in court yet?

icewind

Juniors
i hear joeys their defence lawyer. They seem fairly confident, since Joey keeps on saying something about "its all in my pocket".

Quigs

Immortal
Speaking of criminals, how is the Danny Wicks/Chris Houston/??/??/etc drug dealing investigation going? Have they had their day in court yet?

I heard they are getting the same defence barristers that defended Joe Killroy.

Probably get the same result.

Cheers
Quigs

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Broncos were always hated, right back since they entered the comp with Wally Lewis as captain, its just a few other teams have stolen the limelight from them over the past decade or so. The Roosters in the early 2000's when under Ricky Stuart then the Storm with their grapple tackling and cap rorting, but the Broncos and also Manly were hated long before that and still are. Noone likes them pretty much apart from their own fans. The way it should be.