What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gidley to captain the Blues?

Karmawave

Bench
It won't matter who is fullback if Anasta and/or Pearce get selected. Would be a long and nasty origin series if that happens again.

I think you'll find Anasta is no chance in hell of being selected.

Selectors have run out of patience with him, he'll be lumped into the ' not to be picked ' basket along with Matt Orford.

typicalfan

Coach
crap. more balls in the forwards would have made more of a difference in a series clinching win.

this is the main area NSW have been losing origin in the last 3 years.
I think you'll find game 3 last year we dominated field position and territory on the back of our forwards most of the second half.

The fact is Pearce and Anasta couldnt supply us with the creativity to break the line.

Charlie124

First Grade
Thats fine...I like seeing NSW make mistakes.

In NSW, they call them "Uh...Oh's"

ralph2.gif

Mr Saab

Referee
crap. more balls in the forwards would have made more of a difference in a series clinching win.

this is the main area NSW have been losing origin in the last 3 years.

I said "might".
The fact that NSW pick the likes of Pot Plant Gallen result in easy field position for QLD

skeepe

Immortal
LINK

So Skeepey, what do you think? ;-)​

As a Queensland supporter I wholeheartedly support Kurt Gidley as captain for NSW. Couldn't think of anyone with less leadership if I tried, which should make it extremely easy to go 4 in a row.

aussies1st

Staff member
Gidley is easily next in line to Stewart and right now would be the option for fullback. Certainly wouldn't be the worst captain NSW could pick.

tdawg

Juniors
nsw roster if it was completely up to bellamy:
1. steve turner
2. steve turner
3. steve turner
4. steve turner
5. anthony quinn
6. steve turner
7. steve turner
8. brett white
9. steve turner
10. steve turner
11. ryan hoffman
12. steve turner
13. steve turner

p.s. gidley is not only nsw's best fullback (closely followed by stewart and mckinnon), he's probably australia's best

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jelous that he is a better footballer than tongue?

see below

Not a better captain or lock than Tongue.

Tongue is not only a better player and a far superior captain, but he is also more respected by players and fans alike and has more integrity then gallen will ever dream of having. When it comes to Tongue V Gallen, there can be no arguement, as a player, as a person and as a leader. Gallen is not fit to wipe the arse of Alan Tongue.

kkingston

Juniors
see below

Tongue is not only a better player and a far superior captain, but he is also more respected by players and fans alike and has more integrity then gallen will ever dream of having. When it comes to Tongue V Gallen, there can be no arguement, as a player, as a person and as a leader. Gallen is not fit to wipe the arse of Alan Tongue.

How many origin games has tongue played. clearly the selectors rate tongue as a better player:sarcasm::sarcasm:

How many origin games has tongue played. clearly the selectors rate tongue as a better player:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Just because he wears the blue jumper doesnt mean he deserves it, he's gone missing in every origin game ive seen him in...useless at rep level.

Raider_69

Post Whore

the same selectors that pick steve turner and anthony quinn for SOO, amongst several other dubious selections of the years, the same selectors who have been beaten for 3 series, looking down the barrell of a record 4th... excuse me if their opinion isnt worth a pinch of sh*t to me.

Tongue - Lock of the year. Captain of the year.
Gallen - Grub and not respected as a player or captain.