What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God shall not be mocked

Who believes in God?

• Yes

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 35.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IFR33K

Coach
I think you'll find that most people respect your choice of religion.

But I think you'll also find that people will get annoyed when you try to push your beliefs onto them.

You saying its annoying that he mentions he's a christian, and believes God has punished us. He wasn't pushing his religion.

Did you ever think that the Parra Jesus is annoying, and has potentially offended millions of people.

I have only seen the Parra Jesus a few times, and I believe he is both a goose and offending.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Does that mean the whole Pulp Fiction cast was blasphemous? Quoting scripture then shooting people etc.

My interpretation of blashpemy is when someone speaks of God in a distasteful manner, so not sure of that one.

Anyways, as i said earlier, these are my thoughts and beliefs, just as some of you choose to blasphame his name, i choose to defend it (the latter really gets to people though).

Angry_eel

First Grade
You saying its annoying that he mentions he's a christian, and believes God has punished us. He wasn't pushing his religion.

Ofcourse he's pushing his religion. Imagine If he was saying its because the fans and players didn't drink Gatorade that they lost. Then he'd be pushing his brand isn't it?

Well I say they did not pray to Vishnu before the grand final that this happened. Vishnu made Robson miss tackles, Vishnu made Inglis jump up 15m to get the ball and Vishnu made Archer blow that penalty.

As a Pagan, I believe we lost because we played under the full moon and did not pay her the proper respect. But in reality we lost because we came up agaist a better football team on the night, Any other reason is a cop-out.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Mate, maybe God will get upset at me for posting this, cause I am pretty sure he does not care about Footy.

I just believe that it should be left alone, remember those famous words "Even God cannot sink this ship", well we all know how that went.

Okay, I think comparing the GF loss to the sinking of the Titanic is a pretty big stretch.

Avenger

Immortal
I posted on one of the other threads and stated that mocking Jesus is not going to do the club any favours, I stick by my post.

I am a Christian and many of you are not and that is fine with me, but i will honestly tell you that as long as the members on these forums continue to mock Jesus, parra fans will be dissapoiinted year in and year out.

I believe this to be true and although most will disagree, if we make the final next year and this kind of blaphemy persists, we will lose again.

I am not going to be the forums most popular bloke after posting this, but that really does not bother me, so fire away.

Thanks

You believe in Jesus yet you support the Red Devils ?

distortedchaos

Juniors
I believe that anyone who is offended by something that is quite obviously a joke and a bit of fun has taken it way too seriously. There are some things that are obviously meant to offend, but I think people need to take a long look at what their priorities in life are if they are offended by something so frivolous.

Having said that, I also don't think an Internet forum is the place for any form of religous discussion, because it very quickly turns into a flame war that ends up pissing everyone off, like the post from angry eel shows. It won't be too long before people get into a "my daddy is better than yours" argument, which is pretty pointless.

If you're really offended - don't read/get involved in what offends you. Is pretty simple.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Ofcourse he's pushing his religion. Imagine If he was saying its because the fans and players didn't drink Gatorade that they lost. Then he'd be pushing his brand isn't it?

Well I say they did not pray to Vishnu before the grand final that this happened. Vishnu made Robson miss tackles, Vishnu made Inglis jump up 15m to get the ball and Vishnu made Archer blow that penalty.

Champ, an opinion is not pushing a belief, I have not asked you to believe what i have said.

Some of you guys blame the ref for the loss, that is your opinion, it's not pushing a belief.

I have not intended to offend anyone, I am stating my opinion and i stand by it.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
With 4 arms, that Vishnu would be handy to have in the pack. A ball-playing front rower is exactly what this club needs.

PJ Marshal

Coach
super-best-friends.jpg

Angry_eel

First Grade
With 4 arms, that Vishnu would be handy to have in the pack. A ball-playing front rower is exactly what this club needs.

My guru is talking to him already. We are in the process of having his next Incarnation here by December. It will take some time for him to grow up though.