What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta love the bitternes coming from these old lol@souffs relics.

Springs

First Grade
Sattler would be eaten alive if he tried to play prop today. All the protein powders and weights in the world can't make you gain 5 inches in height and about 20kg in weight.

I also highly doubt that a lot of the old legends would have the mental toughness to complete a modern training regime, or survive the modern media frenzy.

Imagine Raper playing today.... Do you think he'd be down for only drinking one day per week while working out the other 6? I wonder how many mad mondays and off seasons he'd last before being chased out of the game for being a drunken mess?

Playing today means they would have grown up with the media and the training and the drinking restrictions. Of course they would have the mental toughness, look at some of the guys now who can handle it.

And yeah, all the protein powders and weights in the world can easily gain you 20kg. If you hadn't noticed a lot of kids are signed weighing 70kg. They can get little blokes to weight 95kg now I think they could have got Sattler to weigh 100, he doesn't have to play prop anyway.

Coming from someone with the level of knowledge you exude I can ignore that.

Of course if you want a battle of insults I'll be in the cave, look for 'You were saying' . . . you can go first

Yes, cause you would know all about that :roll:

However for people on this forum to bag their playing ability for their era is the height of tedium

Yep.

Card Shark

Immortal
Great players of yesteryear would of been great players now.

Sattler & co were young once ;-)

Does need to think before opening his gob though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Will the SBW wankfest ever end? Sattler and McCarthy are dinosaurs anyway, who cares what they say.

AlwaysGreen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
afro.jpeg

bellyache

Bench
I'm still barking like a dog son, don't want to transfer it to your mob . . . or is it that you want to help drink the Jim Beam Small Batch you bought me
Thats your drop! Not to be drunken with anything but ice or as you say " best with milk".. You can keep your desease to yourself..

eozsmiles

Bench
Did they keep tackle counts and hit up stats when Satts snr played?

Anyway, comparing players of different eras? Let's wait for the off season to really kick in before opening that can of worms.

TheDalek079

Bench
Sonny couldn't survive in Satts' era?

What would happen is simple. Sattler would try a cheap shot on SBW, and then the WBA international heavyweight champion would knock that souffie out.

Speaking of stupid Souffs fans where's that mong bunnies man gone off to? Did he neck himself after manly pumped them?

Infact most Souffs fans from this place have gone MIA :lol:

He's not stupid, he's just misunderstood. Bunniesman would never "neck himself". He has always been rather philosophical after receiving a vigorous pumping, in my experience. Anyway, Bunniesman is still on the down low after the Manly game. He's still upset. Bunniesman is still telling me that... "it's too hard to swallow" and "it's too much to take". But, I'm sure he'll digest the result, eventually.

bottle

Coach
He's not stupid, he's just misunderstood. Bunniesman would never "neck himself". He has always been rather philosophical after receiving a vigorous pumping, in my experience. Anyway, Bunniesman is still on the down low after the Manly game. He's still upset. Bunniesman is still telling me that... "it's too hard to swallow" and "it's too much to take". But, I'm sure he'll digest the result, eventually.

Noticed he popped his head up in the 'Rumoured signings' thread today.
You heard it here first.
You must've gone out for an hour or two and he's played up on you.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Noticed he popped his head up in the 'Rumoured signings' thread today.
You heard it here first.
You must've gone out for an hour or two and he's played up on you.

Not only that but he show up in the ALF forum (I believe it's a forum dedicated to an alien who moved into a family home) this afternoon talking up some team called the Swans and their chances in 2014, whatever that means.

Better get the leash out Bunniesman Lover.

Latest posts