1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by corvettedragon, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Miller was a legend

Miller was a legend Coach

Not like you to be like that Tru.

You are right of course, but not like you

2. hewi

hewi Juniors

It’s taken 6 years to work this out Gus? With a decent coach you wouldn’t need a review or the coach to have mentors or whatever you want to call it. Total crap.

3. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Sorry mate.

My bad to go off like that, but I have seen this movie over and over..

Hope you are well.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. Miller was a legend

Miller was a legend Coach

Haha all good mate. Frustrating isn’t it.

The club is so full of it.

nontime111, Qapm, hazzbeen and 3 others like this.
  5. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

I think most of our supporters have had a gut-full....others let out their frustrations by picking on the players....The Buck stops with the Board....They are facilitating and enabling the current mess to continue...easy fix...sack the current coach and bring in decent staff.

nontime111, Qapm, hazzbeen and 7 others like this.
  6. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

Club is a shambles, no leadership, no idea, can’t even install basic concepts of culture and what it means to be a Dragon.
    Poor player retention, poor signings and woeful pathways system that places our juniors behind journeymen cast offs from other Clubs.
    Arch rival Sharks playing more games at Kogarah than we will in 2020 and final icing on the cake is this joke of a review that has everyone being shifted except the root cause - ie the Coach.
    I’m convinced the Club does not want any fans and wants to fold - the litany of mind numbing decisions is beyond belief.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  7. Pro Dragons

Pro Dragons Juniors

From the Telgragh.

The St George Illawarra review is complete and Paul McGregor will retain his position as coach.

Differences of opinion on the club’s board have been resolved and the announcement McGregor is safe will be made within a few days.

The board is expecting a fan backlash but there was nowhere else to go once Shane Flanagan was ruled out of a head coaching position until 2022.

The Dragons’ membership numbers will be interesting. McGregor needs a solid start next year to retain support.

There is talk he wants to bring home Bronco Jack Bird. Others at the Dragons believe he is too big an injury risk.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...a929cee9a531&usg=AOvVaw3VuxiBMEjjH6YI-bNfkCyl

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
    ALSGI likes this.
  8. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

No Surprises here.
    The question will be - when and under what circumstances will McGregor finally be shown the door?
    First 6 games will 3/3 be acceptable for example?
    What is the straw that will break the camel's back?
    Whatever these jokers decide, the fans staying away in droves and not renewing membership is something the Board cannot ignore forever.
    Another pathetic decision by the Board.
    Review is complete alright.
    A complete joke.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  9. 18to87

18to87 First Grade

Watch them open the season with Titans, Cowboys, Warriors, Dogs, Wests, Titans.

I don't know if I can take another season of hoping the team loses so we can be done with McGregor.

10. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

11. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Mary's head off the chopping block.

Put it back on, then!

12. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

Gap year beckons for me until the Protected Peanuts head is removed. The Board deserve to be embarrassed and ashamed for another Claytons Review and gutless decision.

13. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

f**kn diabolical..

14. Crush

Crush First Grade

I agree with this. I hate watching sport hoping that the team I follow loses. Its depressing and kinda sick.

15. Dragons22

Dragons22 Juniors

Well, my membership is now on the chopping block.

Cannot believe I am writing that for this one great club, but I am absolutely appalled.
    The fact that McIdiot still has a job is beyond me, I just cannot comprehend it.
    The decision to re-sign him after Round 6 was just plain stupid, I actually do not understand the season. They could have at least waited out the season and then made a decision.
    The bloke gave this once great club it's worst finish since the 1940s, the bloke has the record for most consecutive loses in club history, the bloke has the team he wants yet has doesn't coach them, the bloke is seriously not fit to be a head NRL coach.
    He should go. For the good of this club, hand in your resignation mate.
    Your record is abysmal.
    Finals twice from six years.
    No other club, and this is not a joke, would keep a fool that has this record.
    Additionally, no other club would give Mary a job.
    This club is an absolute mess. They obviously do not care about the fans any more, they care about saving their own arses.
    I hope they are happy.

16. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

What the hell does The board is expecting a fan backlash but there was nowhere else to go once Shane Flanagan was ruled out of a head coaching position until 2022. mean? There are dozens of better qualified coaches than McGregor available. Flanagan is just one of them.

3/3 gets him a two year extension. I'd say he'll only be under pressure if he's 0-6 (provided there's no ready made excuses like JDB).

17. utility dragon

utility dragon Juniors

It’s arse covering from the board. How can they sack a guy they just appointed and not throw the spotlight on there incompetence. Letting him stay also does that I know but not as bad for them. The whole organisation has to be reviewed, the board is the problem!!!
    No membership for me this year, Gap year for me. I’m going to play golf.

18. This Year?

This Year? Coach

I thought the torment was over after round 25.
    This is just another kick in the guts.
    Even in the off season the club finds a way to disappoint us.

nontime111, ALSGI, since77 and 4 others like this.
  19. Reddragon

Reddragon Juniors

Agree with the gap year idea.
    Let’s resume transmission in 2021 and see what’s left.

Crush, This Year? and Coffs dragon like this.
  20. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

If his head is off the chopping block then the only place it should be is in the basket and if it isn’t then obviously the henchman has done an appalling job and is not even remotely an expert in his field.
    Gus Gould is a joke and little more than a big bag of wind with no credibility.

nontime111, ALSGI, Dragonsamy and 6 others like this.