What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Qualifier: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD in Townsville 23/9/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the late 70s when I was a kid (probably around age 4) my folks were frantic when I had a high temperature twice - both times not responding to anything they'd tried (presumably panadol etc).

They had to take me to hospital and I still remember (traumatised!) the nurses just put me in a cold steel tub, and then turned a cold hose on me... probably not something they can do these days for some reason, but it definitely did the trick!
A similar thing happened to me when I was a baby, hyperventilating, massive temperature, etc. The nurses just threw me into a cold bath, but first they removed all the f**king blankets mum had me wrapped up in. She laughs about it now. To be honest I reckon she would've laughed about it at the time. Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

DaveMc

Juniors
In 09 the first person I rang was my dad once we got in, I couldn’t do that this time but I looked up and shed just a little tear. Hope all the poor Parra merkins who we have lost through the drought can find a way to get us home.
This was the post that got me.

First and only person I called after the game tonight was my dad. He doesn’t watch much these days, but is still a diehard and got excited listening to how excited I was. Said he didn’t have the nerves to watch it, but was over the moon once he saw the result.

I love this club.

Latest posts