What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grant, McKendry more fictions of previous administration

Blackkat

Juniors
If I remember correctly, back when Leary and Elliot were in charge, our local Juniors (Jennings, Lewis, Grant and McKendry) were given contracts and incentives that would guarantee them to be Panthers for life as no other club could afford them. It was a knee jerk reaction to the supporters more or less forming a lynch mob if they weren't signed. Problem was we (the supporters) didn't realise how inept the two in charge were. We do now and we are losing some good juniors in the process.

Lets hope we don't have another thread title "DWZ, RCG and Cartright victims of previous administration".

Big Mick

Referee
From my memory a lot of those contracts were signed around the time Wade Graham left so there was a lot of "WTF are you doing" and I think they just overreacted.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Whilst I haven't read every post I don't think anyone thinks latimore is better. Simply that he provides the same output - so why pay the big $ if someone on a far lower wage currently is providing more worth.

So your point is that his poor form is everyone else's fault not his. Got it.

BINGO. TG is churning out his 8-9m per hit up. No offloading or creating anything.

Latimore is doing much the same. However, Latimore has an offload.

Both are excellent defenders. Latimore has just missed 2 tackles out of about 130 in 2014.

There is nothing to suggest that Grant deserves about 400k more than Latimore.

chrisD

Coach
Want nothing to do with the Sims, I don't think they perform up to their reputation and besides they're massive grubs.

darkbloom

Juniors
If I remember correctly, back when Leary and Elliot were in charge, our local Juniors (Jennings, Lewis, Grant and McKendry) were given contracts and incentives that would guarantee them to be Panthers for life as no other club could afford them. It was a knee jerk reaction to the supporters more or less forming a lynch mob if they weren't signed. Problem was we (the supporters) didn't realise how inept the two in charge were. We do now and we are losing some good juniors in the process.

Lets hope we don't have another thread title "DWZ, RCG and Cartright victims of previous administration".

I think the problem of ignorance is far deeper than you suggest.

If Lewis stayed (and based on the number of matches he has played at the Sharks and factoring in his current injury layoff), he would have been a chance maybe towards the end of this season of breaking Scarter's record.

Jennings may have been an outside chance if he stayed, as he had chalked up 122 matches.

If Grant plays every match, he will have 131 clocked up by the end of Round 26. I honestly thought he was the most likely to do it.

McKendry is 9 matches from 100 appearances, but given the cloudiness of his future, don't bank on it.

Simmons (67) and Plum (60) are next in the current ranks, but that ain't gonna happen.

There are a cluster of players around the 30 match mark, such as Mansour, Docker, Wallace, Whare and Segeyaro. And the rest, such as the 2014 recruits aren't worth mentioning.

So in conclusion - it is unlikely before 2025 in all possibly. By then, we could all be toasting Bryce Cartwright or someone else from the 2013 Holden Cup premiers.

Given the changing face of the game one club players are rare as hens teeth nowadays. As you said in the short term it would have to be Cartwright or a rookie that debuts at 18 or 19.
Carter's record is safe for at least another decade or longer.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I would cream myself to be honest haha.

Big hitter, offloads, tackle breaks and a genuine enforcer.

Makes sense too. A lot of uncertainty at the Warriors. Cleary relationship and Gus also loves him.