What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great night to pick your NSW side

sam54no

Juniors
I love all the people calling hayne a game breaker, the sort of player that can take it to queensland...he cant even be a game breaker for the eels...what makes you think he'll stop believing his own press long enough to put in a decent performance???

Were you not watching in 09. Hayne took an ordinary team who had the most inexperienced and least skillful halves combination, to a grand final. Parramatta would have won with what would have been one of the greatest premiership runs in history, but the met a team who cheated. Haynes name would have been etched in the history books for one of the best performances ever.
He's playing behind the worst halves pairing in the comp. Put him in Melbourne, st George, brisbane or any team with decent halves, then he'd be unstoppable.

That's why he's a gamebreaker.

bluey

Bench
Hayne
morris
Idris
Gaz
Carney
pearce
Gal
Creagh
Lewis/Bird
Snowden
Farrah
Weyman

Tll
Mannah
Scott
Gidley/ Soward /Mullen

Talanexor

Juniors
This is the team I would go with:

1. Dugan - safer than Hayne, positional play is outstanding
2. Hayne - can switch with Dugan in attack if necessary
3. Gasnier
4. Jennings
5. Gordon - better option than either Morris or Uate, kicks at 90%
6. Soward
7. Pearce - NSW need some stability in the halves
8. Tolman - young, raw, but a definite metre-eater
9. Farah
10. Mannah
11. Lewis (if fit) otherwise Creagh - who is still a fairy btw
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Galloway
16. Snowden
17. Leoroyd-Lahrs

The fact that in every game Hayne has played for NSW he has been in the top 3 players on the field

He's won NSW player of series twice in 4 losing blues campaigns

Need anymore reasons?

Yeah I do actually...I dont want to put someone in a key position who is only prepared to put in a decent effort when the big games roll around.....

Were you not watching in 09. Hayne took an ordinary team who had the most inexperienced and least skillful halves combination, to a grand final. Parramatta would have won with what would have been one of the greatest premiership runs in history, but the met a team who cheated. Haynes name would have been etched in the history books for one of the best performances ever.
He's playing behind the worst halves pairing in the comp. Put him in Melbourne, st George, brisbane or any team with decent halves, then he'd be unstoppable.

That's why he's a gamebreaker.

09...such a long time ago, where is that player now???

He's a pea-hearted grub who has done next to nothing since that handful of games in 09....

If he can start putting in each week, then maybe ill change my tune...but to me (and unfortunately this isnt really the case), rep footy should be made up of players who put in week in week out, those that deserve it, and at the moment, he doesnt.

RABK

Referee
I like the idea of a dugan, hayne, uate back 3.

Qld won't want to find Uate or Hayne on the full and risk 50m kick returns.

So they are going to try and find turf in the middle yet Dugan is so good positionally he'll be getting to 80% of kicks on the full and is an electric runner.

If we can start the majority of our sets on our 30m line we will go along way to winning origin.

These 3 all need to be in the side. NEED to be.

caylo

Bench
09...such a long time ago, where is that player now???

He's a pea-hearted grub who has done next to nothing since that handful of games in 09....

If he can start putting in each week, then maybe ill change my tune...but to me (and unfortunately this isnt really the case), rep footy should be made up of players who put in week in week out, those that deserve it, and at the moment, he doesnt.

Pea-hearted? doesn't put in week-in week-out?

Mate he has been Parramatta and NSW most consistent and best player over the last 3 years. Say what you want but there is not much between Hayne and Dugans form over the last few years and it is a close call either way. I personally think Hayne is tested at the highest level and deserves his opportunity just like Gidley and Stewart were offered.

Dugan is a class act but just because your a Radiers fan doesn't mean you can't take of your green colored glasses and recognize other players are capable.

caylo

Bench
I like the idea of a dugan, hayne, uate back 3.

Qld won't want to find Uate or Hayne on the full and risk 50m kick returns.

So they are going to try and find turf in the middle yet Dugan is so good positionally he'll be getting to 80% of kicks on the full and is an electric runner.

If we can start the majority of our sets on our 30m line we will go along way to winning origin.

These 3 all need to be in the side. NEED to be.

Fair call, I personally think that even though Hayne has played on the wing he is not properly utilized there and he needs the ball in hand mid field. If you went a back three of Dugan, Hayne and Uate, I personally would go with Dugan on the wing. In that case though I think Hayne, Gordon and Uate is a betterback three.

caylo

Bench
QLD don't fear a dugan/gordon wing, they'll kick there all night.

Both Dugan and Gordon are good kick returners, just as good as Hayne.

1 Hayne, 2 Gordon, 5 Uate

That is how I would play it, both Gordon and Uate are good out from dumby half and pretty quick plus Gordon is a great goal kicker.

Dugan may make a play for the #14 jersey, who knows.

Mate he has been Parramatta and NSW most consistent and best player over the last 3 years. Say what you want but there is not much between Hayne and Dugans form over the last few years and it is a close call either way. I personally think Hayne is tested at the highest level and deserves his opportunity just like Gidley and Stewart were offered.

Dugan is a class act but just because your a Radiers fan doesn't mean you can't take of your green colored glasses and recognize other players are capable.

Just because he is tested at the highest level doesn't mean he deserves it.

And what does me being a raiders fan have anything to do with it?? I dont think I mentioned dugan at all really.....just my own opinion on a bloke who to me doesnt seem to put in the effort, you cannot tell me that this year, the guy is playing out of his skin (hayne).....

caylo

Bench
Just because he is tested at the highest level doesn't mean he deserves it.

And what does me being a raiders fan have anything to do with it?? I dont think I mentioned dugan at all really.....just my own opinion on a bloke who to me doesnt seem to put in the effort, you cannot tell me that this year, the guy is playing out of his skin (hayne).....

No his not playing out of his skin but he has performed as well as Dugan has for the last 2 years irrespective of how far from his best is he has been and thus is just as good an option as Dugan and his experience takes him over the line IMO.

In 2009 there were calls for Hayne to take over from Slater in the Australian team but they chose to stick with Slater because he was the more experienced. QLD have done this multiple times with Thurston and Slater when there were better players inform (Prince, Bowen etc). Gidley was chosen in 2009 and for the first two games in 2010 for this reason. Experience is always a factor and can't be ignored.

Fordy20

Juniors

Fair call with respect to Stewart, but Game 1 in 2009 scarred me for life as far as Gidley is concerned. After that performance he should never have played for NSW again. Absolutely disgraceful.

Yosh

Coach
I'm going with the:
1. Dugan
2. Uate
5. Hayne

Qld seriously won't be able to find any grass in our half off kicks. Did you see Uate's kick returns during CvsC? He is a gun!

kwigibo

Juniors
Hayne/Dugan (I really don't care, just neither as a consolation winger)
Gordon
Jennings
Champion
Uate
Soward
Maloney
Tolman
Farah
Mannah
Stewart
TLL
Gallen

Snowden
Hunt
Heighington
Bird

Go on, tell me that's any worse than what they'll pick.