What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green V. Mundine

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
Hahaha..

Aint that the truth... The haters will be frothing at the mouth when it happens but for the rest of us it should be good for a laugh... Hope it all starts soon !! Cmon Choc start em coming...

It's a pity Fenech isn't still on the scene, no doubt a public slanging match between him and Mundine Snr would have added to the laughs... It would have been poor promotional skills on their behalf if it didn't..

I heard fenech will be guest timekeeper for the fight!

fourplay

Juniors
Mundine had NO amateur fights remember, and people are critical of him because he fought a few over the hill fighters ealier on in his career. Kosta had over 300 amateur first b4 he turned pro.. just to put things in perspective.

sydraider

First Grade
fourplay said:
Mundine had NO amateur fights remember, and people are critical of him because he fought a few over the hill fighters ealier on in his career. Kosta had over 300 amateur first b4 he turned pro.. just to put things in perspective.

Thats why Kostya was undisputed champion of the world for his division, a pinnacle Green and Mundine will never ever reach!

HevyDevy

Coach
Neither are in the league of Kostya - that goes without saying (even though I just said it).

However, I still look forward to watching Danny Green throw airswings while Mundine peppers him with jabs.

griffo346

First Grade
Green, Mundine set date
January 31, 2006

WORLD-ranked super middleweight boxers Danny Green and Anthony Mundine will fight at Aussie Stadium in Sydney on April 19th.

The two rivals avoided each other at the fight announcement held at the venue this morning, holding separate press conferences.

Advertisement:
Tickets will go on sale on February 22.

griffo346

First Grade
BOXING IBF - MUNDINE V GREEN - IBF ELIMINATOR SUPER MIDDLEWGHT

MUNDINE V GREEN-HD TO HD Online Betting Closes: 20:00, Wed 26 Apr 2006

Odds updated at: 7:44:30 AM
Sports Multi Betting is available on this market Refresh

IBF Eliminator Super Middleweight
Selection (default) Odds
ANTHONY MUNDINE 1.75
DANNY GREEN 2.00

wats IBF Eliminator Super Middleweight <<<< mean

sydraider

First Grade
If i understand correctly it means that the winner of this fight will be eventually eliminated by Jeff Lacey :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
sydraider said:
If i understand correctly it means that the winner of this fight will be eventually eliminated by Jeff Lacey :lol:

I think this is a WBA sanctioned bout, not IBF.

aqua_duck

Coach
Mong said:
Why should he have stuck to league? He won a WT and has made millions and millions of dollars.. Could he have done that in league??

I think not....
He won a plastic belt(interim title) and lost it just as quickly against a guy who was one defeat away from retirement.
He might have made millions from boxing but he could've done the same in league, he was the highest paid player at one stage. He also could've won a grand final and played for his country.
He also could've been competing against professionals instead of tanzanian taxi drivers.

Mong

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
He won a plastic belt(interim title) and lost it just as quickly against a guy who was one defeat away from retirement.
He might have made millions from boxing but he could've done the same in league, he was the highest paid player at one stage. He also could've won a grand final and played for his country.
He also could've been competing against professionals instead of tanzanian taxi drivers.

Hahahaha, typical rant of a hater...

Fact is, no matter how much it burns you up inside, is that he won a WT. Has made much more then he ever would have at league.

No way he made the aussie side at league with that mouth, we all know that.

Tanzanian taxi drivers... Thats nice and respectful to his opponents and massively untrue.

Go and get an idea and come back for a debate...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wasn't a legit WT

Ottke held two belts so the WBA made him the super champion. Mundine was really just the #1 contender

I suppose ou consider that Macelino Masoe is a legit WBA middleweight champ despite Jermain Taylor holding the WBA, IBF, WBC and WBO middleweight belts?

aqua_duck

Coach
El Diablo said:
Wasn't a legit WT

Ottke held two belts so the WBA made him the super champion. Mundine was really just the #1 contender

I suppose ou consider that Macelino Masoe is a legit WBA middleweight champ despite Jermain Taylor holding the WBA, IBF, WBC and WBO middleweight belts?
I guess Mong is one of those people who really believes Mundine is the best super middleweight in the world as well as best pound for pound.

GO GREEN, GO GREEN, GO, GO, GO GREEN.

Personally I think mundine is tooooo up himself, i mean its a boxing match they were promoting not a fashion label, OH PLEASE! He needs his head leveled, he thought he was the god of football and he now thinks he is the god of boxing, and that he can do what he wants when he wants! And it will be a pleasure to watch him go DOWN!!!!

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
GO GREEN, GO GREEN, GO, GO, GO GREEN.

Personally I think mundine is tooooo up himself, i mean its a boxing match they were promoting not a fashion label, OH PLEASE! He needs his head leveled, he thought he was the god of football and he now thinks he is the god of boxing, and that he can do what he wants when he wants! And it will be a pleasure to watch him go DOWN!!!!

Its called promotion - boxing style, maybe with the typical mundine touch. As dumb as he looked, he knew exactly what he was doing. An extra 100000 people will buy the event now or watch just at an outlet just to see Mundine go down. By getting people to show him hate, they actually show him love.

BTW Green = Mundine as far as both inside and outside the ring is concerned. Both are relative bums inside and Green's a redneck thug outside while Mundine is the biggest $**ttalker to ever walk the earth. I hope it's a double KO!

sydraider

First Grade
El Diablo said:
I think this is a WBA sanctioned bout, not IBF.

So im guessing thats kessler then EL?

If so then that is dissapointing, would like to see the winner of this fight go up against Lacey.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes it's Kessler

Lacy is fighting Calzaghe. Calzaghe is getting old but still has a chance.

sydraider

First Grade
I make a bold prediction EL, that Lacy will be undisputed in this division.

This guy wants to fight everyone, hasnt ducked anyone at all and does not care if he gives away home field advantage so to speak. Calzaghe will be one of many scalps for Lacy.

aqua_duck

Coach
sydraider said:
I make a bold prediction EL, that Lacy will be undisputed in this division.

This guy wants to fight everyone, hasnt ducked anyone at all and does not care if he gives away home field advantage so to speak. Calzaghe will be one of many scalps for Lacy.
Lacy is a good fighter, probably the best physique going around. Looks like a little body builder

Latest posts