What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg wants 2nd Melb team

The Great Dane

First Grade
Thought you had actually learnt something Greatdane? But apparently not! If North Sydney were given its rightful place back in the top flight , rugby league would be once again booming in North Sydney and strengthened significantly in the Central Coast. Newtown has successfully catered for a boutique local rugby league audience. And good on them for doing so. I reiterate the three regions we call SYDNEY can easily accomodate ten top flight NRL clubs for the betterment of the code in this vast region. The added local derbies alone will make fortunes and aspiring young footballers have a greater incentive to play rugby league. Notwithstanding other areas are welcome to the rugby league "family" as well .

Why can't the Bears move on and cater to a boutique local RL audience like Newtown? And if they could do that why would it be bad for the NRL for them to do that instead of them being in the NRL?

What hard evidence do you have that RL will in fact be booming in NS if the Bears come back? Especially if they are based outside of NS?

Why should the negative repercussions of allowing another club into the comp that is reliant on the objectively already over saturated Sydney market be ignored? And why should we allow the Bears in particular to further over saturate that market?

Why should the league let the Bears into the competition over more profitable and often less risky ventures such as Brisbane, Perth, etc? And which one of those more profitable and often less risky ventures misses out on a spot so that the bears can take their's?

Why is it that Sydney's traditions and traditional clubs are apparently so important, yet of all the clubs that have been cut from the comp other the years only the Bears brand is so important to the health of the sport ? Also why is it that the Bears brand transcends time to be integral to the health of the sport in this country but other old clubs brands don't? And why aren't Newtown, Glebe, etc, integral parts of the puzzle to get the NRL back on track?

Why is it that Sydney's traditions, history, and traditional clubs are the only ones that are integral to the sport being successful? Why is it that Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, North Queensland, Auckland, etc, can move on and be successful without capitulating all hope of progress to their histories and traditions but Sydney can't?

Why should the aforementioned areas outside of Sydney cede all hopes of progress and growth to save the history and traditions of Sydney at all? Especially when considering that the competition is now a national competition and the competition went into agreements with the areas outside of Sydney to make it so?

Why is it that adding local derbies in Sydney is so important when considering that they already have plenty of local derbies in the NRL, and Sydney is the only region in the NRL to really have local derbies at all? So if derbies are so important wouldn't it make more sense to focus on those clubs that have no derbies what so ever instead of adding another one on top of the 18 derby games that the Sydney clubs already have a year?

If history and tradition is so important why does Sydney have the right to co-opted another region to reinstate some of their history instead of that region being able to built upon their own history?

Finally, nobody, I repeat nobody, but you considers the CC or the Illawarra to be part of Sydney! Not one person, so stop trying to bolster you're argument by miss representing those regions as part of Sydney, it's just stupid and everybody with half a brain sees through it.

If you go through all those questions and satisfactorily answer them then maybe you'll have the inkling of a reasonable argument, cause all of those are questions that would need to be answered before anybody is going to take your arguments for the Bears to come back seriously.

You won't bother answering those questions at all and I know it, you'll just say I'm an insane "destructionist" with no respect for the history of Sydney clubs (BTW the irony of you saying that while having no respect for the history of any other region is not lost on me) and reassert your points again and again in the hope that if you say it enough people will start to believe it.

Stallion

First Grade
Why can't the Bears move on and cater to a boutique local RL audience like Newtown? And if they could do that why would it be bad for the NRL for them to do that instead of them being in the NRL?

What hard evidence do you have that RL will in fact be booming in NS if the Bears come back? Especially if they are based outside of NS?

Why should the negative repercussions of allowing another club into the comp that is reliant on the objectively already over saturated Sydney market be ignored? And why should we allow the Bears in particular to further over saturate that market?

Why should the league let the Bears into the competition over more profitable and often less risky ventures such as Brisbane, Perth, etc? And which one of those more profitable and often less risky ventures misses out on a spot so that the bears can take their's?

Why is it that Sydney's traditions and traditional clubs are apparently so important, yet of all the clubs that have been cut from the comp other the years only the Bears brand is so important to the health of the sport ? Also why is it that the Bears brand transcends time to be integral to the health of the sport in this country but other old clubs brands don't? And why aren't Newtown, Glebe, etc, integral parts of the puzzle to get the NRL back on track?

Why is it that Sydney's traditions, history, and traditional clubs are the only ones that are integral to the sport being successful? Why is it that Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, North Queensland, Auckland, etc, can move on and be successful without capitulating all hope of progress to their histories and traditions but Sydney can't?

Why should the aforementioned areas outside of Sydney cede all hopes of progress and growth to save the history and traditions of Sydney at all? Especially when considering that the competition is now a national competition and the competition went into agreements with the areas outside of Sydney to make it so?

Why is it that adding local derbies in Sydney is so important when considering that they already have plenty of local derbies in the NRL, and Sydney is the only region in the NRL to really have local derbies at all? So if derbies are so important wouldn't it make more sense to focus on those clubs that have no derbies what so ever instead of adding another one on top of the 18 derby games that the Sydney clubs already have a year?

If history and tradition is so important why does Sydney have the right to co-opted another region to reinstate some of their history instead of that region being able to built upon their own history?

Finally, nobody, I repeat nobody, but you considers the CC or the Illawarra to be part of Sydney! Not one person, so stop trying to bolster you're argument by miss representing those regions as part of Sydney, it's just stupid and everybody with half a brain sees through it.

If you go through all those questions and satisfactorily answer them then maybe you'll have the inkling of a reasonable argument, cause all of those are questions that would need to be answered before anybody is going to take your arguments for the Bears to come back seriously.

You won't bother answering those questions at all and I know it, you'll just say I'm an insane "destructionist" with no respect for the history of Sydney clubs (BTW the irony of you saying that while having no respect for the history of any other region is not lost on me) and reassert your points again and again in the hope that if you say it enough people will start to believe it.

Lol. Yet we have the St George Illawarra Dragons and clubs playing out of the Central Coast catering for an undertapped market!? Please !

Stallion

First Grade
Strange, for years people (including you from memory) have been saying that the only reason that RU and AFL are popular in NS at all is cause of the demographics.

Apparently according to many on here, the only reason that those sports took off in NS is cause of the demographic change from predominantly working class to upper class private school educated rich people, and once the Bears were dropped the area was just left to rot (because apparently Manly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and are incapable of supporting the region by themselves).

So which is it? Either the demographics are a large reason why NS is a " wasteland" for the sport, or they are a reason why the Bears will be very successful (not saying that a club in NS couldn't or wouldn't be successful for the record) and that an army of Bears fans will come out of the wood works in NS if only the Bears are resurrected.
It's one or the other you can't have it both ways for when it suits you...

The Bears not in the top flight is the main reason for the decline of rugby league in this part of Sydney. The demographic argument is a lazy administrators argument. And its not just people in this website that have used this flawed "demographic " logic. It's people well connected in the code like Phil Gould. The presence of a top flight club has immense effect on enticing juniors to the code. Also community interest is multiplied as well along with business investment. It all rolls into one to make up rivalries and local relevance. However their is a distinct demographic difference between Newtown and North Sydney. In Newtown, you would note a mixed ethnic working class background compared to the established Anglo Saxon private school dominated background typifying North Sydney. From this, you are more likely to see a support in the Newtown area for the battler code in rugby league and the Jets provide this in a lower level competition. Differently, in North Sydney the expectation would be top flight and only top flight rugby league. Without that status the locals won't be accepting. Think that quickly sums it up.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Strange, for years people (including you from memory) have been saying that the only reason that RU and AFL are popular in NS at all is cause of the demographics.

Apparently according to many on here, the only reason that those sports took off in NS is cause of the demographic change from predominantly working class to upper class private school educated rich people, and once the Bears were dropped the area was just left to rot (because apparently Manly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and are incapable of supporting the region by themselves).

So which is it? Either the demographics are a large reason why NS is a " wasteland" for the sport, or they are a reason why the Bears will be very successful (not saying that a club in NS couldn't or wouldn't be successful for the record) and that an army of Bears fans will come out of the wood works in NS if only the Bears are resurrected.
It's one or the other you can't have it both ways for when it suits you...

Sheesh.You as usual don't read my posts obviously .Plus FYI I'm more than happy with the status quo of 9 Sydney clubs .Have mentioned it time and time again.
I have also made it plain, I don't want any more axing or relocations.We've done that and it's hardly done wonders for Sydney RL.Joint ventures also just water it down your support base.St George area a typical example.

I've never mentioned Newtown before point 1,that is a separate issue in an area with a small population ,of trendies,gays,yes some working class people ,uni students ,and professionals.Not many union fans either.
Even John Singleton wanted to have the Jets ,playing out of Campbelltown.He had a fair idea off the area.Did Florimo want to move the Bears out west then?

Point 2.
In contrast North Sydney has a population of what ?? 700,000 plus.It was a bigger rl area in the latter years than Newtown.It has a far bigger population, far wider mix of demographics, from professionals ,tradespeople,businesspeople and used to get reasonable crowds at matches.In contrast to Newtown.

Union has always been big there.I played schoolboy union against the likes of Barker,Knox and Riverview.
I do know when the Bears were flicked ,people who followed them that I know ,switched to the Waratahs.I spent 4 years marketing for a company in the Nth Suburbs and Manly Warringah. areas.
Funny you get to meet people doing that.People from many backgrounds.

I do not have to be a full blown Einstein to know AFL has moved into GPS and Associated schools there.I do know the AFL has grown their junior base there to decent levels.It's bleeding ironic this happened in an area where the original rl club was no more .When you have a major RL club in your area, at least they're there to push the juniors .And there is more likelihood of a kid taking the sport up, if there is a local first grade team, than if there is no such team.

Imagine Canberra without the Raiders,the juniors would grow?LOL.That club does a lot for juniors, would it not being in the NRL?

Plus no one (publicly that is)within the NS RL club suggested moving North Sydney away from that area totally.Or at worst including it in the Cc.
The very reason NS is what it is today,is just plain neglect and loss of a club.That situation I have used as a classic example of what would happen with axing another Sydney club.
I'm not concerned now whether the Bears get back in .It's too late
IMO for them to get back in via NS and/ orCC.

A hypothetical.If the Bears did come back in, there would be quite a few to come out of the woodwork.Oldies more likely, but they may have kiddies.It won't happen so I'm not concerned.

The theme behind my argument from day 1 including North Sydney,that axing clubs does not solve problems, such as crowds ,juniors, it creates sporting vacuums which are taken up ,by other aggressive cashed up or traditional codes.That would happen also should Cronulla be shunted.
I have also affirmed if any club under the new financial arrangements gets into financial troubles of their own making, then they deserve what happens.It won't help the code in their area unfortunately.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Lol. Yet we have the St George Illawarra Dragons and clubs playing out of the Central Coast catering for an undertapped market!? Please !

See, told you there was no way that you would ever answer any of those questions... To answer even one of them satisfactorily you'd have to contradict yourself on a handful of your other points...

By the way does the fact that Parramatta is playing games in Darwin and the Roosters in Adelaide make Darwin and Adelaide parts of Sydney in your mind?
Cause what you have just said is that the fact that Sydney NRL clubs play in Wollongong and the CC is effectively your reasoning as to why Wollongong and the CC are parts of Sydney...

By the way that doesn't change the fact that the Illawarra and CC aren't parts of Sydney...

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Bears not in the top flight is the main reason for the decline of rugby league in this part of Sydney. The demographic argument is a lazy administrators argument. And its not just people in this website that have used this flawed "demographic " logic. It's people well connected in the code like Phil Gould. The presence of a top flight club has immense effect on enticing juniors to the code. Also community interest is multiplied as well along with business investment. It all rolls into one to make up rivalries and local relevance. However their is a distinct demographic difference between Newtown and North Sydney. In Newtown, you would note a mixed ethnic working class background compared to the established Anglo Saxon private school dominated background typifying North Sydney. From this, you are more likely to see a support in the Newtown area for the battler code in rugby league and the Jets provide this in a lower level competition. Differently, in North Sydney the expectation would be top flight and only top flight rugby league. Without that status the locals won't be accepting. Think that quickly sums it up.

Good thing that I didn't bring it up then, better tell Taipan that...

The Great Dane

First Grade
Sheesh.You as usual don't read my posts obviously.

Nope I read you post plainly, and it completely contradicts multiple points that you have made on NS in the past and contradicts points that you are making in this post!

But instead of just addressing those contradictions you're just going to talk about how you are happy with the status quo of 9 Sydney clubs, which has nothing to do with the points at hand...

I've never mentioned Newtown before point 1,that is a separate issue in an area with a small population ,of trendies,gays,yes some working class people ,uni students ,and professionals.Not many union fans either.
Even John Singleton wanted to have the Jets ,playing out of Campbelltown.He had a fair idea off the area.Did Florimo want to move the Bears out west then?

Nope he wanted to move them further north, out of Sydney completely in fact. Seems that maybe the Bears and Florimo could see the tide changing as well...

Union has always been big there.I played schoolboy union against the likes of Barker,Knox and Riverview.
I do know when the Bears were flicked ,people who followed them that I know ,switched to the Waratahs.I spent 4 years marketing for a company in the Nth Suburbs and Manly Warringah. areas.
Funny you get to meet people doing that.People from many backgrounds.

I do not have to be a full blown Einstein to know AFL has moved into GPS and Associated schools there.I do know the AFL has grown their junior base there to decent levels.It's bleeding ironic this happened in an area where the original rl club was no more.

Ahh, see now you've hit on a point that a lot of people want to avoid, even you've tried to avoid it in the past.

The above are reasons why the growth of both the Swans and the Waratahs are basically completely unconnected to the death of the Bears and SL in general!

You see you yourself have just admitted that multiple different demographics in NS already had an interest in RU and AFL, and that both those sports were growing in NS and would continue to grow despite the Bears existence.

The Bears being removed did fast track there growth in some ways as it took away a stumbling block in their way, however if the NRL had handled it properly that never would have happened as Manly would have taken over the Bears juniors and regions and that stumbling block still would have been there once they had cemented themselves.

When you have a major RL club in your area, at least they're there to push the juniors .And there is more likelihood of a kid taking the sport up, if there is a local first grade team, than if there is no such team.

NS Sydney does have a major club in their area, in fact it has nine of them, one of them is literally right on their doorstep.

Why is it that the people of Tuggeranong and Woden in Canberra (including myself BTW) don't need clubs in the NRL to support RL but the people of Sydney need a team in the national competition in their district otherwise they refuse to follow the sport?
In NS case they do have one in their district yet still can't support the sport without another even closer to home...

Imagine Canberra without the Raiders,the juniors would grow?LOL.That club does a lot for juniors, would it not being in the NRL?

Actually yeah RL and juniors would probably grow in Canberra if the Raiders were dropped and the NRL matched the Raiders prior investment into the sport in Canberra going forward, as if that were to happen then the NRL would probably invest all that money into Canberra and the ACT and neglect the rest of the Canberra region and southern NSW were historically the Raiders do the opposite and invest the majority of their money and resources into the surrounding regions and neglect Canberra it's self (which BTW is one of the main reasons that Canberra desperately needs a club in the NSWcup independent of the Raiders and that is actually operated by people from Canberra and not Queanbeyan).

Of course that relies on the NRL supporting the region properly after dropping the Raiders out of the NRL, which is a 50/50 prospect considering that they have shown that they are capable of doing that in the past but didn't do it when the Bears were dropped in NS, and I don't see why the NRL would drop the Raiders under current circumstances (especially considering that they have a massively over saturated market four hours up the road) and I don't see which other club is well placed to support the region at NRL level should the Raiders be dropped.

So yeah taking just the juniors into consideration the result would probably be a net positive for Canberra, though it definitely wouldn't be a positive for the surrounding regions.

Plus no one (publicly that is)within the NS RL club suggested moving North Sydney away from that area totally.Or at worst including it in the Cc.
The very reason NS is what it is today,is just plain neglect and loss of a club.That situation I have used as a classic example of what would happen with axing another Sydney club.
I'm not concerned now whether the Bears get back in .It's too late
IMO for them to get back in via NS and/ orCC.

Except it's not a classic example of what happens when a club is axed, in fact it's a complete outlier as it's the only example in NRL/ARL/NSWRL history were the governing body has bungled the culling of a club in Sydney by completely failing to support the region after the club was cut. In fact the only examples of the NRL/ARL/NSWRL failing to support regions after their clubs are culled/die come from that specific period of time (during and just after the SL war), and a lot of that failure has to do with the circumstances of the time and not with the actual deaths of the clubs themselves.

In fact in every other case the NRL/ARL/NSWRL successfully manged to transition everything from juniors right up to a majority of sponsorship support over to other clubs to take care of, NS is the only case where this didn't happen (in Sydney), and it seems to have a lot to do with them expecting Manly to just continue to support NS and the CC after the joint venture was dissolved, when they didn't and completely retracted to their historical region (like idiots btw) the NRL didn't do anything to convince them or another club to take up the area, and interference from the Bears themselves has played a big part as well as they have continued to to block every attempt by other clubs to come into NS and take over their juniors structures and the NRL (and NSWRL for that matter) has helped them do it.

So yeah the failures in NS Sydney have a lot less to do with the Bears being dropped in of it's self, and lot more to do with the NRL's failure to handle the situation after it had happened, and there is no reason to believe that if the situation was handled properly that the NRL couldn't successfully rationalise clubs again.

A hypothetical.If the Bears did come back in, there would be quite a few to come out of the woodwork.Oldies more likely, but they may have kiddies.It won't happen so I'm not concerned.

Kids that would already support other clubs if the situation was handled properly...

The theme behind my argument from day 1 including North Sydney,that axing clubs does not solve problems, such as crowds ,juniors, it creates sporting vacuums which are taken up ,by other aggressive cashed up or traditional codes.That would happen also should Cronulla be shunted.
I have also affirmed if any club under the new financial arrangements gets into financial troubles of their own making, then they deserve what happens.It won't help the code in their area unfortunately.

No it creates a vacuum for a club to take up, it's just in the case of the Bears none of the RL clubs seriously tried to fill that vacuum and the NRL did nothing to try and convince them to try and fill it.

If Cronulla were cut then sure some other cashed up codes would try to fill the vacuum (there is really only one other cashed up code in this country by the way), but we are cashed up ourselves and we're better placed to capitalise on the situation, so if the Sharks were to be dropped to the NSWcup and the situation was to be handled properly all you could seriously expect to lose of any real significance is current active Cronulla fans, that's it, everything else would be picked up by another club (probably the Dragons or Rabbits).
Even then you might not lose a good portion of the active Cronulla fans if you played your cards right and had the second tier properly supported.

Stallion

First Grade
See, told you there was no way that you would ever answer any of those questions... To answer even one of them satisfactorily you'd have to contradict yourself on a handful of your other points...

By the way does the fact that Parramatta is playing games in Darwin and the Roosters in Adelaide make Darwin and Adelaide parts of Sydney in your mind?
Cause what you have just said is that the fact that Sydney NRL clubs play in Wollongong and the CC is effectively your reasoning as to why Wollongong and the CC are parts of Sydney...

By the way that doesn't change the fact that the Illawarra and CC aren't parts of Sydney...

Lol. So the Illawarra and Central Coast are not hosting NRL games ?! Please stop it whilst I get rid of my belly ache laugh. You are seriously a piece of dumb work! Thought you had learnt a few things but you havent! These areas that you would like to be ignored in the Sydney equation are inextricably linked and must be factored into club number considerations. So don't weasel your flawed assessment out of the scenario. These areas are big time factored into the SYDNEY equation. Or are you of the opinion they don't count or are irrelevant! ? Otherwise we have no top flight rugby league for these two regions clearly embroiled in the SYDNEY clubs no matter what you try to wriggle out of in your ignorant and mathematically challenged mind!

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Ten times worse. The difference is that it would also erode the Storm. Look what happened in soccer. All of Melbourne and especially the soccer community were united begin Victory. Heart/City came in 20% of Victory fans moved over and the result is that there are now less people following both clubs combined than used to follow Victory. The best thing Storm have going for them here is that they are the only club all Melbournians can unite to follow (Rebel have no market presence whatsoever). A second Melbourne club would destroy the commons bond that unites all ex-pats fro. NSW, Qld, NZ, UK that make up most of the Storm’s hardcore fan base. Pass.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I can't understand why Greeberg is spouting this stuff.

mongoose

Coach
I doubt Greenberg is thinking this but if the AFL keeps propping up clubs from NSW and QLD then it could alienate fans of Melbourne clubs. The AFL seems so desperate to make the sydney clubs successful they are leaving their Melbourne ones a little exposed. Does leave the NRL an opportunity to grab some of those alienated fans.

Pig Hunter

Juniors
I doubt Greenberg is thinking this but if the AFL keeps propping up clubs from NSW and QLD then it could alienate fans of Melbourne clubs. The AFL seems so desperate to make the sydney clubs successful they are leaving their Melbourne ones a little exposed. Does leave the NRL an opportunity to grab some of those alienated fans.
No

The Great Dane

First Grade
Lol. So the Illawarra and Central Coast are not hosting NRL games ?! Please stop it whilst I get rid of my belly ache laugh. You are seriously a piece of dumb work! Thought you had learnt a few things but you havent!

Seriously how did you come up with the idea that I was denying that the Illawarra and CC host NRL games, I'm really curious what in my posts suggested that to you...

Of course Wollongong and the CC host NRL games, that doesn't make them part of Sydney...

These areas that you would like to be ignored in the Sydney equation are inextricably linked and must be factored into club number considerations.

That'd be cause they aren't part of Sydney and there for aren't part of the "Sydney equation", they are their own separate entries with their own separate pros and cons. and there for are their own separate equation.

If Sydney clubs want to take games to those places then great go ahead, that doesn't make them part of Sydney, just as Darwin isn't part of Sydney just cause the Eels take a game or two there...

So don't weasel your flawed assessment out of the scenario. These areas are big time factored into the SYDNEY equation.

These areas aren't part of Sydney, so how the f##k can they be part of the "Sydney equation".

Or are you of the opinion they don't count or are irrelevant! ?

I never said that, they aren't relevant, they just aren't part of Sydney.

Otherwise we have no top flight rugby league for these two regions clearly embroiled in the SYDNEY clubs no matter what you try to wriggle out of in your ignorant and mathematically challenged mind!

Again I never said that they shouldn't have top flight RL, if clubs want to take games to those places then great, good for them, but those places aren't part of Sydney.

BTW, you are the one saying that the Illawarra and the CC are part of Sydney but I am the ignorant one! There's some irony in that, f##k I hope you aren't a teacher cause if so this country is screwed...

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade

It's not only the fans that they are alienating by propping up the clubs from NSW and QLD and the poorer Victorian clubs, go read some of Eddie McGuire's (or any other person connected to one of the bigger AFL clubs) pieces about the AFL propping up failing clubs, giving extra grants to the smaller clubs and the "expansion clubs", extra cap concessions to clubs from QLD and NSW, better draft picks when they need a push, and all of the AFL's other "equalisation" rules that effectively tax the strong clubs to prop up the poor ones.

The AFL has barely avoided all out revolts by rich clubs multiple times over that stuff.

Jatz15

Juniors
It's not only the fans that they are alienating by propping up the clubs from NSW and QLD and the poorer Victorian clubs, go read some of Eddie McGuire's (or any other person connected to one of the bigger AFL clubs) pieces about the AFL propping up failing clubs, giving extra grants to the smaller clubs and the "expansion clubs", extra cap concessions to clubs from QLD and NSW, better draft picks when they need a push, and all of the AFL's other "equalisation" rules that effectively tax the strong clubs to prop up the poor ones.

The AFL has barely avoided all out revolts by rich clubs multiple times over that stuff.
The self serving rantings of Eddie McGuire does not constitute a near revolt. The take from the rich, give to the poor mentality of the AFL is propping up teams in Vic just as much as in Qld and NSW, they are not rocking that boat any time soon. The rich clubs can frankly afford it, they might not like it, but its not such a burden to prompt revolt.

Stallion

First Grade
Seriously how did you come up with the idea that I was denying that the Illawarra and CC host NRL games, I'm really curious what in my posts suggested that to you...

Of course Wollongong and the CC host NRL games, that doesn't make them part of Sydney...

That'd be cause they aren't part of Sydney and there for aren't part of the "Sydney equation", they are their own separate entries with their own separate pros and cons. and there for are their own separate equation.

If Sydney clubs want to take games to those places then great go ahead, that doesn't make them part of Sydney, just as Darwin isn't part of Sydney just cause the Eels take a game or two there...

These areas aren't part of Sydney, so how the f##k can they be part of the "Sydney equation".

I never said that, they aren't relevant, they just aren't part of Sydney.

Again I never said that they shouldn't have top flight RL, if clubs want to take games to those places then great, good for them, but those places aren't part of Sydney.

BTW, you are the one saying that the Illawarra and the CC are part of Sydney but I am the ignorant one! There's some irony in that, f##k I hope you aren't a teacher cause if so this country is screwed...

Still not reading and comprehending! These two regions must be included in assessing Sydney based clubs as their locality necessitates this consideration. For instance when you try to ridicule that one region has 9 clubs compared to what is actually transpiring which is 9 clubs in three regions then people see what is really at stake. Not just a cheap fanciful and mathematically incorrect shot at the code and its presence in Sydney. If you don't include these two "close by" important regions then you are eliminating their worth to the NRL which erroneously leaves them out of figurings to support the fact that the SYDNEY element of this great competition is clearly not just Sydney but two other well populated and close by regions. Its called proximity and numbers! The semantic argument shows a zest for playing crap politics at the expense and dilution of this great compettion and code in these 3 regions.

Jamberoo

Juniors

99% of Vic AFL fans are not happy about expansion, but no one is alienated or switching codes.
Also the AFL owns all the intellectual property of all 18 clubs so there will never be a revolt.

Stallion

First Grade
99% of Vic AFL fans are not happy about expansion, but no one is alienated or switching codes.
Also the AFL owns all the intellectual property of all 18 clubs so there will never be a revolt.

Even if its a crap/unimpressive product(AFL ) its got its act together! ?