What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

legend

Coach
He should be stood down at the very least until it goes to trial. I think the Raiders set a precedent that all clubs shoudl follow.

I'd be surprised if the Sharks and NRL let him play with such a dark cloud hanging over his head.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh get off your high horse... I'm finding humour in your childish behaviour last week. What Bird's allegedly done and the whole situation is very upsetting and quite frankly disgusting but I'm not making light of that - I'm making light of your idiocy.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if there's sufficicent evidence form the witness or from the police the sharks ahve to stand him down and the NRL/ARL need to refuse to allow him to continue playing in the finals or the world cup.

if he admits to it liek latu he needs to be gone and deregistered straight away.
will be interesting to see how the sharks/nrl handle this given his profile in the game

Johns Magic

Referee
Oh get off your high horse... I'm finding humour in your childish behaviour last week. What Bird's allegedly done and the whole situation is very upsetting and quite frankly disgusting but I'm not making light of that - I'm making light of your idiocy.

If Hazem El Masri did what Bird's been accused of wouldn't you change your tune as well?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If Hazem El Masri did what Bird's been accused of wouldn't you change your tune as well?

Certainly would, but I wouldn't carry on about Hazem like those numbskulls did a couple of days ago. It was nauseating - that's all I'm saying ;-)

Except for that ranga from CSI Miami.

He would just pose for the camera and add a real tough comment like "I'll get you soon enough

well.

he wears sunglasses at all times.

makes it hard to solve crimes when you cant see properly

Special K

Coach
does sonny bill butt f**king your club make you a idiot for supporting him for years?

Ram Man

Juniors
Certainly would, but I wouldn't carry on about Hazem like those numbskulls did a couple of days ago. It was nauseating - that's all I'm saying ;-)

Im surprised you said that you would change your tune if Hazem did it!

I couldnt care less who did it...Glassing someone is a f**king low act of a coward and usually a pi$$head. And hitting a woman is completely unforgivable, let alone combining the 2 by glassing a women...not to mention it being your girlfriend no less.

IF he is guilty, he should have the f**king book thrown at him and banned from the NRL forever.

I find it really disturbing to think that fans would think differently if a player from their club did something similar.
Im a huge Roosters supporter and a massive fan of Freddy and if he did this...there wouldnt be a hole big enough for him to hide under...His name would be mud in my book! :)

hitman82

Bench
It's not black and white in all situations, but with allegations as serious as these, it would be very silly for Cronulla to name him again until the case has run its course. That's all there is for it IMO

adamkungl

Immortal
Shiiiiiiiiiit. Condolences to the poor lass. As much as I'll use this as an opportunity to LOL@BIRD, call him a f**king lowlife grub and say everyone who hasn't been up his arse since the day he stepped in the NRL could see this coming for years, I'm actually gonna hold off on joining the deregistration brigade until I see what comes out of the claims that he wasn't involved. Sounds like bullsh*t, and he is a f**king weed regardless, but meh. Regardless, he shouldn't play again until and only if there's some concrete evidence clearing him.

St. Brett

Juniors
Why does the Cronulla Leagues club have to be dragged down in this issue?

I'm told the players do have lives outside of Rugby League so let him deal with it himself don't involve Rugby League with a criminal matter.
It's not fair.

He's a mugglare and I've lost respect for him for the last time.

It's not the Sharks problem.
Why involve ém I don't understand.

Cut all ties to him and don't sugar coat things.

Why was the earlier January debacle never mentioned - maybe because it was covered up?
Was anyone aware that there was an earlier incident involving this guy?
I wasn't.

How people in the know like to have friends to bail them out of occassions.
It bugs the sh*t out of me to see friends raly around thugs and say they're good guys.

Again Rugby League has been tarnished.

All of a sudden Greg Birds demenours have sunk the game when it shouldn't have.

The game really is played by uneducated alcoholics.

So let me get this straight....The Sharks have to take the fall for Birds actions, do they?
His problem is suddenly their problem, is it?

P.S. didn't some other Kiwi Shark do the same thing to a girl once last year?
We all saw the pictures remember?
He soon flew off to England and resumed his career in the ESL.

He sure is a man doing that to a girl.
That makes him a man eh?
You have to be a man in this life right.

F*cken asshole!

Last edited: