What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

How could someone do that to a Woman?? Animals don't even do that.

And then to have the nerve to Blame a mate and screw his life. What a bastard.

He should be hung.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
When i saw it was you posting on this thread i thought to myself there is no way he can bring manly into this subject, but wow you still managed it. How did the bears go the other day against us btw?

Ermm - the Bears haven't been in the NRL for 10 years since you helped backstab them out the comp. Maybe guilt is making you delusional.

Back to the point - Greg Bird in maroon and white has a ring to it. That's why he'll be popular in the big house.

effnic

Bench
Ermm - the Bears haven't been in the NRL for 10 years since you helped backstab them out the comp. Maybe guilt is making you delusional.

Back to the point - Greg Bird in maroon and white has a ring to it. That's why he'll be popular in the big house.
awwww i think wittle wonny is crying, do you need daddy or uncle to comfort you?

Just said on the news (9) that Bird's manager has been visiting Katie Milligan in hospital. Negotiations underway? Police concerned that he is influencing her evidence, Cronulla CEO apparently sees no problem with it.

My take - very dodgy.

bartman

Immortal
I wouldn't trust player managers as far as I could throw one. As a general rule you have to be suspicious of their motives.

Especially when we have a quote from the day before claiming "My manager is trying to sort this sh*t out for me."

El Diablo

Post Whore
I wouldn't trust player managers as far as I could throw one. As a general rule you have to be suspicious of their motives.

Especially when we have a quote from the day before claiming "My manager is trying to sort this sh*t out for me."

and his maager is Gavin Orr who was refused accreditation by the NRL for allegedly forging Fuifui Moimoi's signature

and his maager is Gavin Orr who was refused accreditation by the NRL for allegedly forging Fuifui Moimoi's signature

Does the NRL have exclusive rights to dodgy player managers? Orr, Nasser, and others I can't think of right now. Its an area that does need cleaning up. Can't see why its so hard for the NRL to say in its rules "if you have a manager, he/she must be accredited or we will not register your contract".

Also, on the subject of Orr visiting the girlfriend in hospital, if I was the police I'd be getting "Bird or anyone associated with him or the Cronulla club in any way" injuncted from contacting her in any way.

All the actions of Bird and team seem to characteristic of guilt, and deception. Even if he escapes criminal punishment, what decent person would want him on their team after the way he's behaved?

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Bird is a farkwit for getting himself in this mess. The first thing he should have done is call his lawyer and ask how to proceed.

I don't know how Bird will be found guilty if his girlfriend is going to back him up. So there is no reason he can't play in the NRL once cleared?

The whole story leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Carlito

Juniors
Just said on the news (9) that Bird's manager has been visiting Katie Milligan in hospital. Negotiations underway? Police concerned that he is influencing her evidence, Cronulla CEO apparently sees no problem with it.

My take - very dodgy.

However what people may not be considering is exactly how much Bird's mate has already told police. If he were to have given a statement saying he had been asked by Bird/Orr to take the fall, then I'm not sure he would get off scott free even if his girlfriend sides with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Gambler

Juniors
I hope she has half a brain and makes sure the scum gets what he deserves.

Violence against women, Australia says no!

Last edited by a moderator:

super_coach

First Grade
If she decides not to press charges their will be big question marks over the whole affair, both the NRL and the Sharks will be placed in a bind, legally they cant stop Bird from playing if their are no charges for him to defend but the mud will do plenty of damage to their image. If it goes down this track it will be interesting to see if he is pushed out to ESL or yawnion to take some heat off the Sharks and the NRL. This will not be the first time their has been big question marks over NRL clubs or player agents being involved in these matters

ibeme

First Grade
If they told police that their mate did it, then they've made a false accusation. I'm sure there are charges attached to that. So if she doesn't go ahead with charges, then the NRL and Sharks might have a legal avenue for sacking him on those charges.

Rogue.9

Juniors
Even if the woman gets a payout & drops the charges I think the NRL & Sharks will use the assault from January as an excuse to drop him or he "asks" for a release to go & play in the UK. I don't think the Sharks would want the bad PR by keeping him.

Rogue.9

Juniors
I thought his G.F asked for complete privacy? How can Orr visit her?
You about talking about a person who forged his clients signatures. I don't think ignoring her privacy is going to worry him when it come to protecting his meal ticket.

Special K

Coach
Even if the woman gets a payout & drops the charges I think the NRL & Sharks will use the assault from January as an excuse to drop him or he "asks" for a release to go & play in the UK. I don't think the Sharks would want the bad PR by keeping him.
I highly doubt the sharks would sack him if he is found not guilty. I doubt the NRL would sack him either if it comes out his hands are "clean". I mean the NRL had stood by people who have had their name dragged through the mud with sexual assaults, physical assaults, the hoppa incident and other allegations. Why would they kick Bird out if the victim says it was a acident and does not want to press charges.

If it comes out Greg did not do it or it was a accident and she does not want to go through with it then I would assume Greg stays.

Now I could see him going overseas due to media pressure/allegations but I doubt the league or my club would tap him on the shoulder if he is not guilty.

Latest posts