What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Noa

First Grade
Its a small side issue but why 2 weeks out from a shot at the title are players out all night on the piss anyway ](*,).

Fathead

Bench
Who says that the girlfriend hasnt already given a statement to the police ?
Dont believe everything you read in a newspaper.

Perth Red

Post Whore
no, you misunderstood my point

if she declines to press charges or make a statement, then everything they have is circumstantial

how would they convict without her statement

imo, he is guilty, but thats not the point im debating here

i am attempting to look at this from a legal perspective - and the law sometimes works in mysterious ways, which it has to when protecting the innocent in other cases

imo, i think she will refrain from providing a statement which will cease any further action being taken against him

not necessarily. If there is enough evidence they can still prosecute. Just been on jury duty and guy was found guilty with only circumstantial evidence and no eye witnesses.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Police dont need a statement from her to charge....i mean it would help quite alot but the whole thing can go on without her statement.

Ive seen matters where the victim hops in the box and says the whole statement is a lie (evidence leads other way round), magistrate sided with the police.

bartman

Immortal
Its a small side issue but why 2 weeks out from a shot at the title are players out all night on the piss anyway ](*,).
Because they all earn too much money and don't know what else to do with it?

But apparently we need to raise the salary cap, to pay these dumb f**ks even more money than they earn already for their weekly 80 min performance, or they'll all suddenly up and leave to French rugby :lol:

Same mistake is made with the word "Manly" where the truth is

Indeed, Manly is exactly where the truth is. Its where dropkick ronny is identified as well beyond any meaningful definition of the word truth.

quite the opposite of the word.

Indeed. Its where those who post on LU and determine to pervert the course of truth justice & the Australian way, slide into the cavernous depths of untruths, meaningfully defined as "a ronnyism".

Last edited:

avsterooster

Juniors
Because they all earn too much money and don't know what else to do with it?

But apparently we need to raise the salary cap, to pay these dumb f**ks even more money than they earn already for their weekly 80 min performance, or they'll all suddenly up and leave to French rugby :lol:

what rubbish...

bird is a thug and a moron always has been.

How can you say the other young guys his age with to much money do this.
Its a 1% minority in the league... the problem is media makes these things HUGEEEE...

Bird is an idiot... innocent or guilty... he is a low life human being who belongs in jail if he is found guilty.

Snoop

Coach
not necessarily. If there is enough evidence they can still prosecute. Just been on jury duty and guy was found guilty with only circumstantial evidence and no eye witnesses.

And with what we know so far, let alone what more the police have and will find out, I don't think it would be too hard to convince a jury of Bird's guilt.

bartman

Immortal
Hey, I was just answering the question about why a league player was drinking two weeks before the finals.

And also pointing out the dangers in throwing even more money to a small percentage of players (1% ?) who think $400K a year isn't enough money for what they do....

Razor

Coach
Razor doesn't think punching women in the face is bad. He always punches women who sit in his seat at the cinemas.

Where the f**k did I say that?

Punching someone in the face is bad. It's terrible, but not as bad as other things some players have gotten up to. And punching someone in the face should not get you banned for a year. If Bird goes to jail, then he should be free to play in the NRL after he serves his sentence. He did his time, he shouldn't have to keep paying for it. Manly have had someone who served jail time for manslaughter play for them early this decade.

Your quote proves that you(and El, Timmah, etc.) just completely make things up.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Looks dodgy, but if the couple had been an item for a while, then it would make sense that the manager perhpas had dealings with the socially, and was a friend. So his reasoning sticks, even though having him sniff around the hospital could be seen as a conflict of interest, depending which way this case ends up playing out on 8 October.
Social or not, that seemed at best inappropriate and at worst, criminal.

TITAN1

Juniors
According to Ch.9 news,the police can still continue their case without a statement from Milligan.

Charlie124

First Grade
Where the f**k did I say that?

Punching someone in the face is bad. It's terrible, but not as bad as other things some players have gotten up to. And punching someone in the face should not get you banned for a year. If Bird goes to jail, then he should be free to play in the NRL after he serves his sentence. He did his time, he shouldn't have to keep paying for it. Manly have had someone who served jail time for manslaughter play for them early this decade.

1. He didnt punch just someone, he punched a woman.

2. Greg Bird should have to keep paying for if for as long as Katie has to keep paying for it. Every time she remembers it, looks in the mirror (if she can see that is) and sees her scars. So provided she completely forgets the whole ordeal and her scars heal themselves, then and only then does Greg Bird get to stop paying for it.

you f**king germ.

BWNB

First Grade
Andrew Moore has inside info that the sharks will sack Bird regardless of the court trial, for the reason of lying to Tony Zappia out the details of the incident.

Latest posts