What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

drake

First Grade
Her alleged refusal to assist police is typical of the problems that police face worldwide in relation to domestic violence issues. The women say "help me help me" and then go crawling back to the attacker/partner convinced in their own mind that they somehow contributed to the attack.
They are somehow convinced that they can change the attacker and he still loves her - some love ! its why serial killers worldwide, get serious marriage proposals from women who are solicitors, doctors and other so called professional people.
At the end of the day, the victim has to take some responsibilty for her actions AFTER the attack. The authorities have better things to do that have repeat complaints of domestic violence from women (and sometimes men) tying up their time who dont want to help themselves.
That being said - There is NO excuse to hit a woman EVER.
Anyone who does is a low down scum who should be taken out by his mates and flogged to within an inch of his life and anyone out there who knows of one of his mates who is doing this needs to hang their heads in shame. Hes not a mate, hes a dog.
Very true.

Well said, fathead.

Patorick

Staff member
Bad news Orr:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24257358-5013406,00.html

Orr management dispute over Cronulla's Anderson
Brent Read | August 29, 2008
THE management empire of Gavin and Chris Orr is under siege.
The controversial player agents, whose star client Greg Bird is in danger of being thrown out of the NRL after allegedly glassing his girlfriend, have become embroiled in an ugly dispute over the rights to Cronulla forward Fraser Anderson.
The Orrs have complained to the Rugby League Accreditation Committee about rival manager Lance Thompson over Anderson, who has aligned himself with his former team-mate.
News of Anderson's defection continues a run of bad luck for the Orrs, whose client list was once the envy of their rivals.
Earlier this year, their biggest name, Sonny Bill Williams, aligned himself with world champion boxer Anthony Mundine and his manager Khoder Nasser.
That decision was the precursor to Williams walking out on the Bulldogs to take up a lucrative offer in French rugby union.
Gavin Orr has also been the subject of police inquiries in recent days after he was photographed visiting Bird's girlfriend Katie Milligan in the Prince of Wales Hospital.
His brother Chris said Anderson had told them he wanted to be managed by his father, Warrick, an accredited agent in New Zealand.
However, they later discovered Anderson had linked with Thompson, a former Sharks forward who retired this year.
"At the end of the day we were the ones who organised for him to trial and train with the Brisbane Broncos," Orr said.
"After that, we organised for him to get a significant contract with Cronulla. I would be very concerned if Fraser Anderson could say a bad word about what Chris Orr has done in negotiations for him."
Thompson told The Australian that Anderson's decision to leave the Orrs had nothing to do with him.
"As far as I am concerned I left it to Fraser Anderson," Thompson said. "Fraser did everything correctly. He wrote them a couple of letters and spoke to them on the phone.
"It was simply Fraser's decision -- that's it."

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
So my good vigilante, the NRL should impose over and above what our courts deem to be appropriate?

NRL above the law, nothing new there.
Its no business of the Courts. They're not sticking him in a jail cell underneath the NRL head office, but rather they'll be telling him -"hey we don't want you representing our brand...ever". I think such a stance would have widespread support.

bartman

Immortal
The NRL/Sharks decision on Bird's playing future with them comes down to a business decision.

The court case is a purley legal decision.

They can be separate decisions for entirely separate reasons. The Sharks have implied they will wait for the court case to play out, since in this case (compared to Latu's) the player has not made an admission to the club about their role in the reported incident.

And just because the Sharks are waiting for the court case re Bird doesn't mean they need a guilty verdict to take action - they may simply be waiting because they don't want their actions regarding the players' future to prejudice the case before it is heard in court.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
The NRL/Sharks decision on Bird's playing future with them comes down to a business decision.

The court case is a purley legal decision.

They can be separate decisions for entirely separate reasons. The Sharks have implied they will wait for the court case to play out, since in this case (compared to Latu's) the player has not made an admission to the club about their role in the reported incident.

And just because the Sharks are waiting for the court case re Bird doesn't mean they need a guilty verdict to take action - they may simply be waiting because they don't want their actions regarding the players' future to prejudice the case before it is heard in court.

The Sharks' are just a bunch of opportunists! They have no genuine interest in justice, only themselves.

I happen to disagree with kiki. In this case don't be surpised if Katie Milligan and Greg Bird both announce they are not in a relationship and wont be but that the events that took place that they end up testifying to results in the charges being dropped. She will pack up and return to the USA. Mr Bird will then have to face teh Sharks and explain why he told them pork chops on the morning of the incident. Lets not forget he also has some charge from an incident in January to sort out. His future is far from certain in the NRL regardless of the Katie Milligan incident.

bartman

Immortal
The Sharks' are just a bunch of opportunists! They have no genuine interest in justice, only themselves.
I have no idea what you are trying to talk about. Is this having a go at the Sharks club for their stance? Or the Sharks as a bunch of players, or what?

bartman

Immortal
I happen to disagree with kiki. In this case don't be surpised if Katie Milligan and Greg Bird both announce they are not in a relationship and wont be but that the events that took place that they end up testifying to results in the charges being dropped. She will pack up and return to the USA. Mr Bird will then have to face teh Sharks and explain why he told them pork chops on the morning of the incident. Lets not forget he also has some charge from an incident in January to sort out. His future is far from certain in the NRL regardless of the Katie Milligan incident.
For her sake I hope she does split up with him, however the testifying goes.

No woman/person deserves to be beaten in a relationship, or physically harmed by foreign objects. No guy/person is that good that they are worth putting up with that sh*t from.

That STC is an outlandish statement based only on your hate for them. Grow up. They have acted appropriately at this stage. They have not backed the player in anyway and have suspended him awaiting a full explaination.

Anything more than that would not be appropriate with more information on what has actually transpired in this incident.

STC I know your side was totally white washed tonight, but dont mix your upset state with taking a reasonable mature view on thsi serious matter

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I have no idea what you are trying to talk about. Is this having a go at the Sharks club for their stance? Or the Sharks as a bunch of players, or what?

The Sharks' club in general. I am absolutely amazed by the behaviour of their sponsor PK blah blah blah, threatening to withdraw their million dollar sponsorship and then failing to follow through. Grandstanding at its best! They are truly worthy of the Sharks.

DJShaksta

First Grade
The Sharks' club in general. I am absolutely amazed by the behaviour of their sponsor PK blah blah blah, threatening to withdraw their million dollar sponsorship and then failing to follow through. Grandstanding at its best! They are truly worthy of the Sharks.

We towelled your team up tonight so you come in this thread, and make comments that make little sense and contribute nothing to the topic of conversation - Well Done.

For her sake I hope she does split up with him, however the testifying goes.

No woman/person deserves to be beaten in a relationship, or physically harmed by foreign objects. No guy/person is that good that they are worth putting up with that sh*t from.

With you Bartman. The rumours doing the traps in teh Shire doesnt paint a pretty picture of either Bird or Ms Milligans behaviours in recent weeks. The events rumoured to have led to this incident show totally imature behaviour by both parties if true.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
We towelled your team up tonight so you come in this thread, and make comments that make little sense and contribute nothing to the topic of conversation - Well Done.
Everyone knew Bird was di#$ckhead the moment he drove his knee into that blokes head. Sharks == zero integrity. It was always going to end this way.

The Sharks are the new Canterbury.

bartman

Immortal
Well rumours are rumours Miller. But they are both young pups (24) with a fair bit of growing up to look forward to in life. People of all ages can change if they want to, but have to firstly start to not accept how they are as the best they can ever aspire to be, and secondly actually want to change in some specific way, for that to actually happen.

I hope that both of them eventually come out of this negative experience as better stronger people within themselves.

Latest posts