What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

The reasons are twofold -petty jealousies and politics..Jealousy - Bird is a great player and decent bloke who had a bird travel halfway round the world to hang out with him. Most of the posters on this topic would probably have a bird travel halfway round the world to get away from them.

Politics- He is key player in an opposing team who they would rather see outed for the semis than possibly face their own team. The bird in question and her injury are merely a convenience that they wish to hide behind.

It has been a dreadful witch hunt of which a number of you posters ought to be ashamed!

If this is not a pisstake then you should have been tapped on the head at birth .

Lime_Green

Juniors
Unsurprisingly it looks like she's going to try and cover his arse. :crazy:

Predictable given they supposedly dallied an hour trying to stop the bleeding on the morning in question, before finally giving in and going to hospital.

Stupid, stupid woman.

I can't wait for the "it was an accident" or "I did it to myself" line to come out...

Sir Biffo

Bench
The charges will be dropped, some lame excuse like "accident" will get trotted out, Bird will resurrect his career and continue acting like a meathead.

Unsurprisingly it looks like she's going to try and cover his arse. :crazy:

Predictable given they supposedly dallied an hour trying to stop the bleeding on the morning in question, before finally giving in and going to hospital.

Stupid, stupid woman.

I can't wait for the "it was an accident" or "I did it to myself" line to come out...

I notice that her solicitor is from a firm that is associated with Bird's management company.

The Tank

Bench
You what's lame - the DT site. They "obtained" (i.e. stole from Facebook) pics of Greg & Katie and smacked a DT logo over them. The link is "see the amazing pictures here". Yeh, real amazing. lol f**k the DT is tacky.

Noa

First Grade
That doesn't sound good,it doesn't sound like she'll continue with the charges.

What doesnt sound good !

If it turns out it was a genuine accident and not a glassing, as I intimated 30 pages ago, that will be great news. For her, for Bird and for the game.

Though the conspiracy theorists are already starting to gather.

God-King Dean

Immortal
While I'm not ruling out it was an accident, why would you need to ask your 'mate' to take the fall for you if it was ?

Noa

First Grade
I agree with that. If he's cleared of charges that is one thing he will never live down and will hang over him the rest of his life.

Mr Saab

Referee
While I'm not ruling out it was an accident, why would you need to ask your 'mate' to take the fall for you if it was ?

Thats right. If it was such a careless "accident" then why on earth would he have the need to make such a phone call to his "mate"

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Let me say that no one should be subjected to assault, man or woman. I do not condone anything of the sort... but...

Why can a guy not be allowed to WORK because of this?
If he was a plumber he'd be sweet. If he was a sparky he'd be sweet. So why not a footy player?

There have been footy players who have been to jail and come out and played NRL. Why should Greg Bird be different?

I'm all for the Sharks standing him down pending investigation. I'm all for the Sharks sacking him if he is found guilty. But to say he should be banned for life is concerning to me.

Why is it concerning to you? This is not a PCA or drugs or even a simple assault allegation, its a very serious charge. Assuming guilt, only a life ban could send the appropriate message, nothing less.

ozbash

Referee
What doesnt sound good !

If it turns out it was a genuine accident and not a glassing, as I intimated 30 pages ago, that will be great news. For her, for Bird and for the game.

Though the conspiracy theorists are already starting to gather.

dead right.

S.R.

Juniors
Why is it concerning to you? This is not a PCA or drugs or even a simple assault allegation, its a very serious charge. Assuming guilt, only a life ban could send the appropriate message, nothing less.

Assuming guilt, he'll spend the best part of 5-10 years in jail.
A life ban would probably not be needed.

I remember a bloke a few years back that got done for Armed Robbery. He was then register in the NRL. Is Armed Robbery not serious?

I am concerned about the threats of actions from the NRL, when NOTHING has been proven. In my opinion, they should have backed the Sharks with their investigation and actions, and issued a strong "no comment" on everything else

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Because you are paraniod about what the media will do.

You know it is shtye he will get less heat than you would.

Simply answering the question - not saying it is what transpired.

stuke

Bench
the lies and the cover-up by Bird should be enough to see him de-registered by the NRL. he has brought the game into disrepute.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So my good vigilante, the NRL should impose over and above what our courts deem to be appropriate?

NRL above the law, nothing new there.

sting

Bench
Let me say that no one should be subjected to assault, man or woman. I do not condone anything of the sort... but...

Why can a guy not be allowed to WORK because of this?
If he was a plumber he'd be sweet. If he was a sparky he'd be sweet. So why not a footy player?

There have been footy players who have been to jail and come out and played NRL. Why should Greg Bird be different?

I'm all for the Sharks standing him down pending investigation. I'm all for the Sharks sacking him if he is found guilty. But to say he should be banned for life is concerning to me.

i get what your saying but......... is it really fair that some bloke can commit a crime and then come out of jail and start earning 400k plus a year and be a hero again? i think not...

you gotta put in perspective. i mean, if he was a bus driver or something yeh fine, but not someone in the public eye earning heaps of dosh.

he should do his time and then have to pick up the pieces of his shattered life the hard way like most crims would have to do. not have a successful career and million dollar lifestyle waiting on a silver platter for when he gets out.

S.R.

Juniors
i get what your saying but......... is it really fair that some bloke can commit a crime and then come out of jail and start earning 400k plus a year and be a hero again? i think not...

you gotta put in perspective. i mean, if he was a bus driver or something yeh fine, but not someone in the public eye earning heaps of dosh.

he should do his time and then have to pick up the pieces of his shattered life the hard way like most crims would have to do. not have a successful career and million dollar lifestyle waiting on a silver platter for when he gets out.

I disagree.

If a club wants him after doing 10 years, then have him. He'll still have the tag hanging over his head. The public will see him as a criminal. They'll give him a VERY hard time.

IF he can rise above that, good luck to him. He'd have done his time, let him get on with life. Whether its as a footy player or a garbage collector, let him be.

Assuming guilt of course.

Latest posts