What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

vlad

juniors
What if the eye socket isn't broken?

so the police charge people and lock them up when there are no injuries ...

forget columbo ... we need ...

muldermountlarge.jpg

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I get the feeling she is not going to testify and Bird will walk free.. There will be an exchange of money and it will be all over..

PJ

First Grade
No, there are injuries, hence she was in hospital for days and had eye surgery.

I haven't read anything though from an official source saying exactly what the injuries were other than that it was to the eye and that she hadn't lost sight in the eye thankfully.

Maybe it was fractured, in which case then I doubt that there is any story they could come up with that would explain it away especially considering the eye socket it a particularly hard bone to break. If that is the case then I hope they throw the book at him.

If it isn't though it opens up a world of possibilities, including that he still deservedly has the book thrown at him. But given that the bone that is repeatedly reported as being broked required a lot of force to break, and that it was broken through use of a glass then I would be surprised if someone would keep an eye after that.

I just think that there is more to this story than what has been reported, and that some of the things that have been reported may not be true. The victims statement sort of points to that and also remembering some of the stories that were around in the press during the Bulldogs scandal, most of which were nowhere near accurate.

PJ

First Grade
I get the feeling she is not going to testify and Bird will walk free.. There will be an exchange of money and it will be all over..

I think with the new domestic violence laws they can still proceed, even without the victims statemetnt/co-operation. If the socket is fractured you would think it was open and shut even without her.

mik01

Juniors
The guy is a scum bucket, going from his past, but let's hear what he has to say.

So he tried to shift the blame, it is only natural if you are Sharks man.

what about this theory then...

"hey mate, Birdy here. look, ahhh, (coughs) ummm, Katie, ahhh, was reaching up in the cupboard to grab a glass, yeah thats it - she grabbed the glass but it slipped and hit her in the eye!. yeah, I know mate, incredibly silly of her... but here's the thing, no one will believe us, cos you know, my lawyer and I just don't think they will. so here's the thing, we've thought it best if you say you were standing there, innocently of course, when the glass flew into her eye."

"trouble? nah, no trouble mate - all a silly accident. the cops won't even know"

"hehehe - did I say cops - nah I meant the docs! relax guy, take a load off!"

PJ

First Grade
I think the lying about the mate is what will ultimately be his undoing. No matter what really happened in the flat

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think with the new domestic violence laws they can still proceed, even without the victims statemetnt/co-operation. If the socket is fractured you would think it was open and shut even without her.

You still need to convince a jury.. She is supposedly going to be using a lawyer linked to Gavin Orr..

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
what about this theory then...

"hey mate, Birdy here. look, ahhh, (coughs) ummm, Katie, ahhh, was reaching up in the cupboard to grab a glass, yeah thats it - she grabbed the glass but it slipped and hit her in the eye!. yeah, I know mate, incredibly silly of her... but here's the thing, no one will believe us, cos you know, my lawyer and I just don't think they will. so here's the thing, we've thought it best if you say you were standing there, innocently of course, when the glass flew into her eye."

"trouble? nah, no trouble mate - all a silly accident. the cops won't even know"

"hehehe - did I say cops - nah I meant the docs! relax guy, take a load off!"

I hate Cronulla and I think on the balance of probability the guy is as guilty as sin. However, the guy needs to have his day in court though. He is being hung by assumption. We need to hear the idiot's defence.

STC apart from hating (hate is a rather unecessary extreme so lets say you intesely dislike the club because of some past event or perceived event in your life), you are showing a very balanced view on this matter. I believe the information we will all be told will result in this not being an assault charge and yes I agree Bird will be seen to have panicked and tried (stupidly) to protect his career by keeping his name out of the incident.

Having said that, he will still have trouble with his Club (the one you intensly dislike) and probably the NRL for the stupidy he has exhibited, regardless if you me or anyone else think that is fair. I will be surprised if he is retained by Cronulla.

super_coach

First Grade
Just maybe she fell over and caught her eye on the corner of a glass table, who knows. Birdbrain is not guility to a court see it other wise--end of story. He deserves the same justice that we would expect. Okay from where I sit he looks a gonner but I dont know the facts, so to a court decides he is not guility

Kid

Juniors
Last edited by a moderator:
Like I`ve been saying all along. You can judge a person`s character from the character of their company. She`s a New York barbie with zero personality, and he`s a drunken poser with no self-respect. Hope they move to Hollywood together, start a legal reality show and stop hurting our senses with their presence.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

Call me Nostradamus - but it looks like the big broom and the big carpet are coming into play.

So, charges against Bird will melt away because Katie won't give evidence against him. Bird will say to Croulla "I lied because I panicked". Stuart wil back him up "don't ruin a young bloke's career". Bird will appear at a lunch, organised by his manager, for "Women against Violence against Women" or something similar. Bird plays for Cronulla within 2 weeks. Katie slips out to the USA in Ocober with $100K cheque in her purse.

60 minutes do a "Wayne Carey" rehabilitation story on Greg Bird as he lines up for Australia in the WC.

Latest posts