What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Shorty

Staff member
You have no idea what happened, like everone else on here. The fact her father is out here and has accepted that nothing that would signify a-typical abuse happened should be enough for every-one.
I know that he was willing to let a man rot in jail for him,without even notifying the guy.
That's enough for me.
What type of father would he be if he looked the other way.
I'd say he's the type of father that would let his daughter have her peace and do what is best for her.
What,do you think he'd force her to speak about if she didn't want to?

Danish

Referee
Interesting how the people who were chastising others for jumping to conclusions about whether or not bird did it based on police and neighbour reports are now doing the exact same thing based on the words of a potentially battered girlfriend...

The news published bird's address on the news last night (well, his unit number along with footage of his apartment block). Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if we see bird start having a whole range of troubles at his place in the coming months

mrbishi

Juniors
Or just maybe it's an explainable accident?

The fact he asked his mate to take some of the heat, tells that he didn't "glass" her like the media would love to have you believe.

im not sure if its the fact ive been up for 30hrs straight, but are u saying that because he asked his mate to take the heat that he didnt smash a glass in her face? if so then why would he need to ask his mate to take the heat if he did nothing wrong?

Noa

First Grade
I know that he was willing to let a man rot in jail for him,without even notifying the guy.
That's enough for me.

Thats a different issue though but thats not a jailable offence, and he should receive some form of censure . And assuming that any criminal charges will be dropped he should still be suspended for the rest of the year for being involved in the whole unsavoury incident.

I'd say he's the type of father that would let his daughter have her peace and do what is best for her.
What,do you think he'd force her to speak about if she didn't want to?

If it was my daughter there's know way Id be quiet if her partner stuck a glass in her face, would you, honestly.

cheese

Bench
im not sure if its the fact ive been up for 30hrs straight, but are u saying that because he asked his mate to take the heat that he didnt smash a glass in her face? if so then why would he need to ask his mate to take the heat if he did nothing wrong?

Because I don't believe anyone is low enough to put an innocent mate in a position where they can go to jail.

They told the hospital it was an accident ...not that the mate purposely attacked her.

Maybe someone bumped passed her while she was drinking a glass of orange juice, and she fell on the glass.

Telling the cops that it was the mate that accidentally bumped into her, takes the heat off bird, who is open to 1000 times more media scrutiny than average joe.

The dad has said he is happy with the version of events and he'd be the harshest judge of the situation.

Shorty

Staff member
If it was my daughter there's know way Id be quiet if her partner stuck a glass in her face, would you, honestly.
I'd do what she wanted and respect that.
Being physically abused(allegedly) by someone you love(and she obviously really loves him) is really heavy mentally.
Sometimes it causes them even more stress to go through with charges.
In the end it's her choice,but it doesn't mean it's the right one.

I've had plenty of instances where mates of mine have had similar things happen.

Inferno

Coach
Why?
What he says is spot on.
And the behaviour of the woman is prime abused behaviour.

Or does it only matter that Greg can go back to playing football?
Who gives a f**k what happened to her,so who did it if Greg didn't?
I guess she just fell on the glass,stupid woman!

bullsh*t, you are making judgements without knowing 90% of the facts, any decision based on that is going to be inherently flawed.

If he glass her in the face, I doubt there would be a single sharks fan bothered if he got the punt. But the fact is we don't know what happened, and if Katie herself, her father, the police and the judiciary system see fit not to charge him, that is enough for me.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'd do what she wanted and respect that.
Being physically abused(allegedly) by someone you love(and she obviously really loves him) is really heavy mentally.
Sometimes it causes them even more stress to go through with charges.
In the end it's her choice,but it doesn't mean it's the right one.

I've had plenty of instances where mates of mine have had similar things happen.

Aaahh So your a woman.

So what about Lafranchi then?

Shorty

Staff member
bullsh*t, you are making judgements without knowing 90% of the facts, any decision based on that is going to be inherently flawed.
Ok so it's not a fact that he(and Katie) were planning and told police that his mate did it,without even discussing it with the mate beforehand?
They were willing to let the guy take the blame..
Is that a lie is it?

Lafranchi creeps me out,he's already pretty low for cheating on his pregnant wife.

Kid

Juniors
I'm surprised she is unhappy about the police handling of the matter. I wouldn't think she would know how they are handling it considering she hasn't spoke to them.