What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

And don`t forget about the tabloids that will keep giving her useful exposure and decent money for interviews and never-before-seen shock photos of the wound.

Shorty

Staff member
This is so disappointing.
I feel sorry for her but she's a silly,silly girl.

Won't be long before he's playing NRL and the game gets even more tarnished when we have a woman basher representing our country.

Mr Saab

Referee
Call me Nostradamus - but it looks like the big broom and the big carpet are coming into play.

So, charges against Bird will melt away because Katie won't give evidence against him. Bird will say to Croulla "I lied because I panicked". Stuart wil back him up "don't ruin a young bloke's career". Bird will appear at a lunch, organised by his manager, for "Women against Violence against Women" or something similar. Bird plays for Cronulla within 2 weeks. Katie slips out to the USA in Ocober with $100K cheque in her purse.

60 minutes do a "Wayne Carey" rehabilitation story on Greg Bird as he lines up for Australia in the WC.

Sounds about right.
You forgot to add that Matthew Johns will also have his pathetic say on the Roast and footyshow.

Noa

First Grade
This is so disappointing.
I feel sorry for her but she's a silly,silly girl.

Won't be long before he's playing NRL and the game gets even more tarnished when we have a woman basher representing our country.

Why do you keep saying its disappointing, you sound like you wish he had of jammed a glass in her face. The fact it looks like he didnt glass her should be cause for celebration.

Not her or Birds fault that that 95% of people, including the police who must have been looking for a big name scalp, jumped to conclusions

coolumsharkie

Referee
Even though this all points to a cover up, no one will ever know.

Lafranchi got off through lack of evidence or because he was innocent? You tell me?

An assault or a rape? Which one is worse? The alleged victim in the rape case never denied anything other than she was raped, Lafranchi gets to play on. Birds alleged victim has all but come out against the charges laid at Bird, whether she is an idiot or telling the truth you won't know. Despite what you read in the paper or what the police have insinuated.

Bird should be allowed to play this week.

Edit: I'm glad that Lafranchi was exonerated, I was just using his case as an example.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Why do you keep saying its disappointing, you sound like you wish he had of jammed a glass in her face. The fact it looks like he didnt glass her should be cause for celebration.
Ah no...
It's pretty obvious(well to me anyway) what was done.

If you read that article it's as clear as day that he's done this to her but she doesn't want to take the matter further.
Notice she doesn't confirm nor deny though says 'We're still in love' and 'When this blows over'.

I'm disappointed in her for not standing up for herself.

The writing is already on the wall for me about Bird,I lost all respect for him when he was willing to let a mate rot in jail for a crime he didn't commit.
But I find it hard to believe he'd be innocent in this matter after reading this article anyway,not that it matters.

coolumsharkie

Referee

Not her or Birds fault that that 95% of people, including the police who must have been looking for a big name scalp, jumped to conclusions

Well said!

Snoop

Coach
The fact it looks like he didnt glass her should be cause for celebration.

That's not a fact at all. The disappointing thing is that fact that it looks like he did glass her but she won't testify against him. Men getting away with violence should not be celebrated.

I think it's the fault of those pesky neighbours who heard them fighting and heard he say to Bird 'Why did you do this to me'.

Snoop

Coach
Bird should be allowed to play this week.

There is no way he should be allowed to play this week? Or does his girlfriend's unwavering love suddenly mean it's OK for Bird to play despite the serious nature of the charges against him?

Geez, you shark fans are pretty desperate to get him on the park, especially since Captain Cat could be sitting on the sidelines for a couple of weeks.

Shorty

Staff member
Why?
What he says is spot on.
And the behaviour of the woman is prime abused behaviour.

Or does it only matter that Greg can go back to playing football?
Who gives a f**k what happened to her,so who did it if Greg didn't?
I guess she just fell on the glass,stupid woman!

coolumsharkie

Referee
There is no way he should be allowed to play this week? Or does his girlfriend's unwavering love suddenly mean it's OK for Bird to play despite the serious nature of the charges against him?

Geez, you shark fans are pretty desperate to get him on the park, especially since Captain Cat could be sitting on the sidelines for a couple of weeks.

Why don't you tell me your opinion on the rest of my post rather than just quoting a small part of it?

BTW Gallen has no case to answer , geez talk about going off early.

cheese

Bench
Or just maybe it's an explainable accident?

The fact he asked his mate to take some of the heat, tells that he didn't "glass" her like the media would love to have you believe.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Why?
What he says is spot on.

Well you've made your mind up, like I said before it looks pretty dubious from the media reports, but you and I don't know the FACTS. Your just assuming, and now your giving us a psychologists report on classic battered wife syndrome.

Please.:roll:

Shorty

Staff member
Well you've made your mind up, like I said before it looks pretty dubious from the media reports, but you and I don't know the FACTS.
The media has sh*t all to do with it actually.
Or did they make up the fact that Bird tried to have his mate cover for him in a very serious incident?
Is that a lie is it?

At least I'm concerned about her rather than wanting Bird to play this weekend(like are you f**king kidding me?! what kind of stupidity is that?!) there's more to the world than f**king football.

Brookie

Juniors
can't believe what these dumb as bat sh*t cronulla fans are thinking.

play this weekend, shows they only care about their '41 yrs won f*ck all' team and not the welfare of one of their players partners.

tell you this, if it was a manly player, he wouldn't be wanted by the fans at brookie

typical sharkies wife beaters

Noa

First Grade
Why?
What he says is spot on.

You have no idea what happened, like everone else on here. The fact her father is out here and has accepted that nothing that would signify a-typical abuse happened should be enough for every-one.

What type of father would he be if he looked the other way.

I think it's the fault of those pesky neighbours who heard them fighting and heard he say to Bird 'Why did you do this to me'.

One thats hearsay and two even if she did say it, that doesnt indicate he jammed a glass in her face, just the fact at that moment she held him repsosible for the incident even it was an accident.

I know if I dropped a brick on my wifes foot by accident she'll be cursing me and blaming me for her injury even though I didnt mean it.

I fnd it unfathamable that people on here are actually disappointed that it looks like nothing serious happend

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
The media has sh*t all to do with it actually.
Or did they make up the fact that Bird tried to have his mate cover for him in a very serious incident?
Is that a lie is it?

At least I'm concerned about her rather than wanting Bird to play this weekend(like are you f**king kidding me?! what kind of stupidity is that?!) there's more to the world than f**king football.

Are you serious? Unless you have the police forensic report and a reliable eye wittness to the events you are ASSUMING that the MEDIA reports about the POLICE reports are accurate.

I hope you believe Lafranchi should have been stood down also? Considering the allegations against him at the time, or is that different somehow?

Don't get me wrong i know where you are coming from and that part of it I agree with you, except as far as it looks now WE may never know.

Latest posts