What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sladden road

Juniors
I spose you think that djing is an art form....

if the sharks let bird go and he signs for another NRL side next year I will give the stupid team away for the signs will be there for all to see..

WE WILL NEVER WIN A COMP WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THAT AND I CANT FUGGN TAKE IT.

Inferno

Coach
I wonder whether this could so easily have been resolved if Bird spoke to the club and gave them his version of events.

Special K

Coach
If Bird plays against us next year then it will be the biggest slap in the face that the fans have had since preston was benched for Kimmorley.

We have spent 8 seasons developing Bird. Through all the sh*t times, all the bad games. All the fines, suspensions, off field stuff. We have paid him a small fortune and developed him as a player from a raw 17 year old to an aus star and before this incident our most marketable player. He was the x factor we never had. He was the type of player we always wanted to buy. He was a game breaker. Our star. To have him run out against us at shark park would be painful beyond words. Bird is not punished at all, we would be. The poor bastards who invested so much into him.

I still hope we get him back playing for us. The thought of a backrow featuring Tupou, Gallen, Bird, Anderson, Williams, Millington is just amazing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well get used to seeing Bird as a Dog.
Relations have definitely soured further with the Orr brothers.
On top of that, my Dogs source says there is a concerted push to get Bird at the Dogs.
roberts to be sacked before pre-season to make way for him.

Dave Q

Coach
If Bird plays against us next year then it will be the biggest slap in the face that the fans have had since preston was benched for Kimmorley.

We have spent 8 seasons developing Bird. Through all the sh*t times, all the bad games. All the fines, suspensions, off field stuff. We have paid him a small fortune and developed him as a player from a raw 17 year old to an aus star and before this incident our most marketable player. He was the x factor we never had. He was the type of player we always wanted to buy. He was a game breaker. Our star. To have him run out against us at shark park would be painful beyond words. Bird is not punished at all, we would be. The poor bastards who invested so much into him.

I still hope we get him back playing for us. The thought of a backrow featuring Tupou, Gallen, Bird, Anderson, Williams, Millington is just amazing.

This is the best post of the last 1000 or so. Lots to think about.
The only thing you didnt teach him was to stay out of trouble.
Like having a Lamborghini with the steering wheel missing.

He's not coming back, thats the reality.

You can replace him with a player from the Jets or Wenty and IMO its still a pretty good backrow.

Vossy

Bench
club were left with no option but to suspend him with pay, otherwise there would have been an almighty uproar from the "violence against women" group. if bird didnt act like such an idiot and get into bigger trouble and kept quiet, no thanks to his manager and katie also just give her side of the bloody story. but no thats the easy way out, dont want to do it that way

forgetting our junior clubs were stolen from us huh? ... another dickhead with no idea ... i hope bird gets picked up by us and plays for newtown for three years :cool:

want a tissue? your club still havent noticed the actions by other clubs and link up with a QLD cup team

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
club were left with no option but to suspend him with pay,

the club had lots of options but instead took the gutless way out.
otherwise there would have been an almighty uproar from the "violence against women" group.
who cares! They are a minority group & have the same voice & legal rights as any other Australian including Bird.
if bird didnt act like such an idiot and get into bigger trouble and kept quiet, no thanks to his manager and katie also just give her side of the bloody story. but no thats the easy way out, dont want to do it that way
Who says he acted like an idiot? You were there? Perhaps he acted in self defense?

Vossy

Bench
reefy cant see the fact the club acted in the right manner to begin with, that being tony and sticky NOT the boardroom or the sponsors

not the clubs fault bird repeatedly refused to talk to them

name the options the club had reefy..

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
reefy cant see the fact the club acted in the right manner to begin with, that being tony and sticky NOT the boardroom or the sponsors

KRAP!

not the clubs fault bird repeatedly refused to talk to them
It was somebodys fault that he opened his stupid mouth to the media without allowing a 48 hr cooling off period, further imflaming a nothing incident.

name the options the club had reefy..
Play Bird until the courts find him guilty of anything. Ask the police for the information or for reasons that it has not been supplied to Birds legal team to this very day. eg. notebook entries from where the initial charges are supposedly supported. Perhaps in this beat up, it has been lost that perhaps they don't exist.
The club is weak for caving in to the likes of yourself & rebecca Wilsons of this world.
Rugby League is no different to society & the players should be treated the same as an employee

bluey

Bench
The only problem i have is Allegedly bird would not give his side of the story to Zappy.That i have a big problem with.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
thats for legal reasons
they could then call zapps up to question him on the convo

How would the police know there was a convo?

The only reason none of them are talking is because someone involved has a big mouth and has already talked. Loose lips and all that have led to a sitch where people have been told to STFU before they make things worse.

He could of talked to Zappia and no one even needed to know it had happned.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Play Bird

Anything else will turn me into either a for a againster...<<< if you can get that.

f**k this sh*t.

I know all you blokes who played footy in my day want Bird to play whether he kisses his misses with his mouth or his forehead... 30 years ago this wouldnt even be discussed. Not because women were poorly treated back in our day either, actually quite the contrary but sh*t went on without everyone knowing. Honestly ask your girlfriend's wives now or tomorrow when they dont know your on the internet talking about football... Greg smashed his missus with a glass?

Who gives a f**k... Just make sure your home to smash me in the ass ... oh wait... thats right.. your all pussy whipped hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Suck on that you y gen androtops!!!! :p

x

Last edited:

The Popper

Bench
Rugby League is the `Greatest Game of All', held back by the conflicting self-interests of officials. Unfortunately, the problems for the game have been magnified and exasperated ever since the involvement of lawyers, probably beginning with the Tutty Case after 1969. In the case in question (and others) it seems the term from English law `Innocent until PROVEN guilty' does not apply any more. I just shake my head in bewilderment. The way I see it, if the girl doesn't want him charged, don't charge him. But that's not politically correct, Popper! Shame on you.

cb4

First Grade
Anything else will turn me into either a for a againster...<<< if you can get that.

f**k this sh*t.

I know all you blokes who played footy in my day want Bird to play whether he kisses his misses with his mouth or his forehead... 30 years ago this wouldnt even be discussed. Not because women were poorly treated back in our day either, actually quite the contrary but sh*t went on without everyone knowing. Honestly ask your girlfriend's wives now or tomorrow when they dont know your on the internet talking about football... Greg smashed his missus with a glass?

Who gives a f**k... Just make sure your home to smash me in the ass ... oh wait... thats right.. your all pussy whipped hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Suck on that you y gen androtops!!!! :p

x

interesting point

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Rugby League is the `Greatest Game of All', held back by the conflicting self-interests of officials. Unfortunately, the problems for the game have been magnified and exasperated ever since the involvement of lawyers, probably beginning with the Tutty Case after 1969. In the case in question (and others) it seems the term from English law `Innocent until PROVEN guilty' does not apply any more. I just shake my head in bewilderment. The way I see it, if the girl doesn't want him charged, don't charge him. But that's not politically correct, Popper! Shame on you.
where have you been pops?

Status
Not open for further replies.