What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cronullashark

Juniors
Don't like it , don't read it. & FFS grow a brain & understand the difference between a subjective opinion & gossip doing the rounds.
If I know the person, I trust their judgement until proven to be wrong.
Nothing i have said is set in stone or guaranteed. Only very good information being sourced & passed around & there is lots more that isn't on here.
Other sites I have been told have even more information than this one. Not my fault you are a schmuck. Try a bit harder to be nicer, you might get invited places.

what sites are you referring too reefy

Look at the end of the day we can all speculate all we like. Listen to so called people that "know the truth" etc. If it comes out that she says We fought over 'whatever' and he called me names etc. told me to get the f**k out and I lost it and tried to hit him. i had a glass and he blocked me and the glass came back and hit me in the face, then perhaps you can attribute much of the witnesses statements to fit and its all over. Thats fine with me if that what they do.

What I have an issue with is not this case alone. It is the ongoing problems in Birds life that he has to get sorted out. IMO it appears he has anger management problems or is incapable to making reasonable judgement calls when drinking and hence I would suggest maybe a drinking problem in itself and he needs professional help.

I am tired of his off field problems which at the end of the day reflect poorly on my Club. A club I have loved and followed for near on 40 years.

I do appreciate and support the way the club has handled the situation to date and I will continue to support them.

I just don't want Greg Bird back, uless some serious councelling has been undertaken and the club can be certain these off field drama's are behind him.

Thats my opinion and I wont apologise to anyone for holding that opinion

carcharias

Immortal
im sure she will come clean and do the moral thing by confessing if that 'rumour' is to be true

why would she wish to persecute her '''lover''' for something that is not his fault?

the rumour has her holding the glass.

doesn't mean they weren't having an argument.

The statement from a resident said their was a disturance in the unit and that Bird was heard to say loudly something to teh effect of, Stop being a f**king idiot. Sounds like an argument maybe

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Look at the end of the day we can all speculate all we like. Listen to so called people that "know the truth" etc. If it comes out that she says We fought over 'whatever' and he called me names etc. told me to get the f**k out and I lost it and tried to hit him. i had a glass and he blocked me and the glass came back and hit me in the face, then perhaps you can attribute much of the witnesses statements to fit and its all over. Thats fine with me if that what they do.
then that is balanced & in all probability that is what is going to happen. But for some, even that is not enough.
What I have an issue with is not this case alone. It is the ongoing problems in Birds life that he has to get sorted out. IMO it appears he has anger management problems or is incapable to making reasonable judgement calls when drinking and hence I would suggest maybe a drinking problem in itself and he needs professional help.

I challenge anybody to post on here if they have seen any such thing by him. I can say I have seen him 3 times a week when he was younger & other than being a total arrogant dik, I never saw violence. If anybody else saw shyte, tell us here now.

I am tired of his off field problems which at the end of the day reflect poorly on my Club. A club I have loved and followed for near on 40 years.
dont drag Cronullas history into an opinion on an individual.

I just don't want Greg Bird back, uless some serious councelling has been undertaken and the club can be certain these off field drama's are behind him.
Yes, sometimes alleged victims need counselling to get on with their life. Good point.

Thats my opinion and I wont apologise to anyone for holding that opinion
No need to.

STSAE

Juniors
Don't like it , don't read it. & FFS grow a brain & understand the difference between a subjective opinion & gossip doing the rounds.
Nothing i have said is set in stone or guaranteed. Only very good information being sourced & passed around & there is lots more that isn't on here.
Other sites I have been told have even more information than this one. Not my fault you are a schmuck. Try a bit harder to be nicer, you might get invited places.

Are you serious????:crazy:

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

The "best" truth is in here ML. The sources are from this site , guys from other sites & external sources that some of us in here know.

Nothing is available for public dissemination. Do your best & think logically & clearly about what is being alleged. It is far from cut & dried.

Hey Reefy, your post (#800) was actually reasonably plausible.

Only problem I have with claims of inside sources is that they necessarily must have come from a version of events related by Greg Bird. So they are slanted in his favour.

At the end of the day, it seems:

1. there was an argument
  2. there was at least some violence in response to that argument - whether it was initiated by Bird, or was in self defence, and if so was it a reasonable response, is in question
  3. the girl suffered at least reasonably significant injuries - enough to require at least 4 days in hospital
  4. Bird and his agent/s have behaved very evasively since then - whatever their reasons
  5. the only versions of events that are in the public domain are those related by Bird to others, and in turn passed on (correctly or not) to others, or those which have been extrapolated by the media and others from the charges put to the court by police and from what evidence there is that has been made public and reported.
I don't think anyone is denying #1, #2 is a question of justification and reasonableness, #3 I don't think is really in dispute, #4 is what makes Bird look particularly bad - he is behaving guiltily, and #5 is just saying that no version of the events currently is necessarily more credible than any other.

carcharias

Immortal
Hey Reefy, your post (#800) was actually reasonably plausible.

Only problem I have with claims of inside sources is that they necessarily must have come from a version of events related by Greg Bird. So they are slanted in his favour.

At the end of the day, it seems:

1. there was an argument
  2. there was at least some violence in response to that argument - whether it was initiated by Bird, or was in self defence, and if so was it a reasonable response, is in question
  3. the girl suffered at least reasonably significant injuries - enough to require at least 4 days in hospital
  4. Bird and his agent/s have behaved very evasively since then - whatever their reasons
  5. the only versions of events that are in the public domain are those related by Bird to others, and in turn passed on (correctly or not) to others, or those which have been extrapolated by the media and others from the charges put to the court by police and from what evidence there is that has been made public and reported.
I don't think anyone is denying #1, #2 is a question of justification and reasonableness, #3 I don't think is really in dispute, #4 is what makes Bird look particularly bad - he is behaving guiltily, and #5 is just saying that no version of the events currently is necessarily more credible than any other.
give the man a cigar!

Jimbo

Immortal
What's most interesting to me is that after lying to his best mate, the club and the police, for some reason Bird is going to tell Reefer the truth...

carcharias

Immortal

dannyboy

Juniors
...Try a bit harder to be nicer, you might get invited places.

I think it's because I believe Lindy Chamberlain was/is guilty...or at least that's what I've been told I believe :p

BTW
Originally Posted by blacktip-reefy
The "best" truth is in here ML. The sources are from this site , guys from other sites & external sources that some of us in here know...

Originally Posted by blacktip-reefy

Which is the best source of truth then?

Girlfriend's plea for privacy

Andrew Webster | August 28, 2008 - 2:01PM

The girlfriend of Sharks star Greg Bird says her immediate concern is to recover from an eye injury and not clear the air about the night she was allegedly hit with a glass.
In her first public comments since Sunday's incident, US law student Katie Milligan released a statement to the Herald this afternoon, asking for privacy as the fallout from Bird being charged with her assault continues.
While her condition is not clear, it is understood she has been released from hospital.
She has not lost the sight of her eye, despite fears she would.
"My client wishes to advise that she is concentrating on her recovery, as this is the paramount consideration at this point in time," her legal representative, Campbell MacCallum, said.
"She has expressed some disappointment in the number of inaccuracies contained in much of the media coverage of the incident.
"However, under legal advice, she has not yet released her statement of events."
Bird, 24, has been stood down indefinitely by the Sharks, and has been charged with assault.
The matter will next be in court on October 8.
Ms Milligan's father, who arrived in Sydney from New York yesterday, is with her.
"She does request that the media and others respect her privacy and that of her family during this difficult period," Mr MacCallum said.
"She would like to convey her gratitude for the many expressions of support she has received, and most especially to those health-care professionals who have provided her care."

Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...lea-for-privacy/2008/08/28/1219516639638.html

Hmmm, interesting? Not sure what to make of it, although the comment about media coverage is particularly interesting.

millersnose

Post Whore
she doesnt appear to say anything carc

if it was an accident like some here would like to beleive she sure as hell is in no hurry to exonerate bird

spider

Coach
how would a journo deem a person to "express disappointment"?

did she frown when asked a question, did she ignore the question...?

if she stated disappointment, then it would be quoted

but the "expressed" bit does seem odd in my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts