What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
it had no direct source k
fair enough but imo it had as much "substance" as the rest of the dribble i got from fox sports

I do appreciate the moderating but. I've had a few cases of forum members try and "Take legal action" before :lol:

I still want to know what the hell happened. Hopefully the club and shed some light soon

Surely

Post Whore
Firstly I hope the poor young woman comes through ok.

Secondly we can kiss this season good bye.

Thirdly how much cap cash does that free up for next season ?

samshark

Juniors
Well if Kate looses her eye his charge could be up graded to a higher charge.

Charge would not be upgraded and could possibly even be down graded.
GBH has to carry some sort of permanent disfigurement so if she recovers a 100% (fingers crossed) this may happen.

Yes this is a very bad situation - but if Laffranchi was not stood down whilst rape/sa charges were pending I cannot see why GB should be stood down, say, if the case is adjourned to October and he is granted conditional bail. I don't think there is any arguement for GBH as being a more serious allegation that sexual assault/rape?

This of course is not to make light of these events at all - I just get the feeling, if a 'not guilty' or if no plee is entered, this 'dilemma' of a decision will be the new arguement in league circles and forums alike.

I think there is a difference to the Laffranchi case in that it hinged around consent or lack thereof, and there was always going to be a high level of doubt. In Bird's case, it is clear something violent and non-consensual happened ... his girlfriend's injuries are pretty strong evidence of that.

I think most employers would not hesitate to stand someone down in Bird's situation, if not fire them outright.

Generalzod

Immortal
Watching the game the other day I noticed at the end of the game Birdy was the only player left on the field shaking fans hands when all the rest of them had gone to the shed...Sad day indeed for the club and fans...

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah youse have got to use the "alleged" word in the right spots.

Like this

Alleged Radio boofheads are not an alleged credible source.

insted of

Radio boofheads are not a credible source.

isn't that right my learned friend Samshark.

Cheers
Declared Alleged Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Quote:myanonymoususername

I think there is a difference to the Laffranchi case in that it hinged around consent or lack thereof, and there was always going to be a high level of doubt. In Bird's case, it is clear something violent and non-consensual happened ... his girlfriend's injuries are pretty strong evidence of that.

I think most employers would not hesitate to stand someone down in Bird's situation, if not fire them outright.[/quote]

hi Aries :lol:

Quigs

Immortal
Gidday Airies, you old Astro Boy You

or are you only alledging that it is Airies there Cools

He is too timid to be Old Fart Airies.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

samshark

Juniors
Yeah youse have got to use the "alleged" word in the right spots.

Like this

Alleged Radio boofheads are not an alleged credible source.

insted of

Radio boofheads are not a credible source.

isn't that right my learned friend Samshark.

Cheers
Declared Alleged Idiot #88
Quigs

Well put Quigs

Omnishark2

Juniors
The only possible decision for the Sharks is to suspend Bird from all duties until the matter is decided in court in Oct.

Nothing less would (or should) be acceptable to the wider community.

Quote:myanonymoususername

I think most employers would not hesitate to stand someone down in Bird's situation, if not fire them outright.

hi Aries :lol:[/quote]

ummm, who's Aries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts