What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

caspersparks

Juniors
Hasnt he had known criminal Underworld figures in his corner at his fights, thats not very smart to begin with,but then again we know mundine isnt a bright spark is he

not too sure about the underworld criminals.. but i DO know he is a confident, non-smoker/drinker who has pride in his culture/people and as a result is a great role model for young aboriginals..

isn't a bright spark? he sure knows how to make $$$$... i'd say he is quite a SMART businessman..

m0nty

Juniors
Nup wrong, for starters he's no actually from Queensland, it's off with his head, because it's one time too many, and it's time these morons were held accountable, without using the media "living in a goldfish bowl" as an excuse, being an NRL player in Melbourne he wouldn't get that much media attention.
Yes, but why are there calls now for GI to be run out of the game like a mangy dog? Why is "one time too many" the first time that a Storm player is in the dock? Maybe if Brett Stewart was "one time too many" then all the other ones this year wouldn't have happened.

Matt23

Staff member
Just cos he's a Storm player shouldn't mean he's immune from punishment.

bartman

Immortal
Greg Bird (Australian rep) was run out of the game/"one too many" last year, and still some of these dumb f**ks couldn't realise that this year they had to smarten up their acts and keep out of potential trouble...

Dear oh dear.

It's just one thing after another is it. Not really much else you can say apart from that at the moment, because we don't know the full details. But it doesn't sound good.

Oh and to the Manly fans moaning and bitching that the NRL should enforce a 4 game suspension, there's one glaring difference you've completely missed in your idiotic rambling: the NRL only acted because your club is weak as piss and wouldn't. Given that the Storm have taken immediate action, why would the NRL get involved? If Manly had enforced some form of sanction on Brett Stewart, the NRL would not have done anything.

Oh and for the face of the NRL, look no further than Alan Tongue.

Yeah I agree. Tongue may not be one of the biggest stars in the NRL but he is the type of person who should be representing our game. A strong passion for the game, never in trouble off the field and an inspiration on it.

Last edited:
When I watch league, I watch it to see Greg Inglis. I have seen him live 4 or 5 times and what an athlete. DO I care about what he does off the field? NO.
WHY NOT?
It's none of my business and he is not to me a role model. I am not a model but will role myself.
"but he is to our kids"
Great, show them the Inglis on the field and get them to do the same thing, ON THE FIELD.
"but who will teach our kids to be nice young blokes who do this charity thing?"
YOU ya dickheads.

But seriously, and I wasn't joking before.

Inglis has been charged, and he has to face the music. Does this mean he shouldn't be able to play league again? No way. There are many reformed or previously convicted criminals who walk the streets each day, work, lead normal lives and move on from their mistakes, so so can this guy as A MEMBER OF SOCIETY, a society that we all live in and have to take responsibilty for. Casting him out certainly isn't sweeping the problem under the rug (thats now a heap), it's sweeping the problem away.

Look at what a fine achievement Dell is. With a bit of heart and help the guy is now in a position of great leadership in his club and is respected by all, if I may speak on your behalf.

The irony of "it's not his go".

It's everyones go.

Thats right, you do it to. You beat your wives, hit your girlfriends, defecate on walls, glass people, womanize, get smashed on the weekend, wrestle your mates, fight randoms, verbally abuse strangers, honk your horns too much, speed, drink and drive, call woman s**ts, call men wankers ruff ruff ruff, its who you ALL are.

Hands up who hasn't done one of the above? Yeah some major differences in cases but Inglis is just another very small part of a big problem.

All in all when it comes down to it I love no sport more than league, but there are so many bigger pictures. Corporates, banks and politicians bleed you dry, morally, financially, week in week out, but why is nothing said?

Much, has the media sucked you all in. Get with it.

I'll give you that rant at eye level.

Cheers

Kiki

First Grade
i dont care how good of a player he is, if he is found guilty of punching his gf in the face i don't want him anywhere near our game.

Kiki

First Grade
W

It's everyones go.

Thats right, you do it to. You beat your wives, hit your girlfriends, defecate on walls, glass people, womanize, get smashed on the weekend, wrestle your mates, fight randoms, verbally abuse strangers, honk your horns too much, speed, drink and drive, call woman s**ts, call men wankers ruff ruff ruff, its who you ALL are.

holy mother of god you are a PIG.

bartman

Immortal
It's everyones go.

Um... not exactly, no?

Poor excuse btw.

E.T.D

Juniors
I'm quite confident the Storm will stand him down for the remainder of the season and wont require any assistance from the NRL. The rubber stamping of Melbourne's final decision is all the input the NRL will need to give.

adamkungl

Immortal
tbh....if it wasn't for the fact that our game will again suffer for this, i couldn't give a sh*t. It should be dealt with by the law. If it wasn't for the media storm we will again have to go through, I'd have no problem with paying to watch him play football. it is his job, after all.

m0nty

Juniors

It's everyones go.

Hands up who hasn't done one of the above? Yeah some major differences in cases but Inglis is just another very small part of a big problem.

Apart from "get smashed on the weekend", which I haven't done since I was 20, I can put my hand up and say I have done none of those things.

When normal people defecate, they find a receptacle in which to defecate. Some even do it in a shoe, I hear.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another star player takes a 5hit on the game! FFS I am so sick of it. What a waste of a huge talent, what another bullet to fire at us, what the frick is wrong with these men???

I have a large group of mates from a wide socio economic background and NOT ONE has ever punched his girlfriend, glassed anyone, had gangbang or taken a dump in a hotel corridor, so no, it isn't just a reflection on society!

seanoff

Juniors

It's everyones go.

Hands up who hasn't done one of the above?

Cheers

There are a fair number of those things i haven't done, never done and wouldn't even consider doing, EVER.

and as for the eye level rant, i'm a fairly large dude, pretty much the same size as the subject of this thread so delivering such a rant may be challenging and unlikely to be even remotely threatening so what would it prove.

When I watch league, I watch it to see Greg Inglis. I have seen him live 4 or 5 times and what an athlete. DO I care about what he does off the field? NO.
WHY NOT?
It's none of my business and he is not to me a role model. I am not a model but will role myself.
"but he is to our kids"
Great, show them the Inglis on the field and get them to do the same thing, ON THE FIELD.
"but who will teach our kids to be nice young blokes who do this charity thing?"
YOU ya dickheads.

But seriously, and I wasn't joking before.

Inglis has been charged, and he has to face the music. Does this mean he shouldn't be able to play league again? No way. There are many reformed or previously convicted criminals who walk the streets each day, work, lead normal lives and move on from their mistakes, so so can this guy as A MEMBER OF SOCIETY, a society that we all live in and have to take responsibilty for. Casting him out certainly isn't sweeping the problem under the rug (thats now a heap), it's sweeping the problem away.

Look at what a fine achievement Dell is. With a bit of heart and help the guy is now in a position of great leadership in his club and is respected by all, if I may speak on your behalf.

It's everyones go.

All in all when it comes down to it I love no sport more than league, but there are so many bigger pictures. Corporates, banks and politicians bleed you dry, morally, financially, week in week out, but why is nothing said?

Much, has the media sucked you all in. Get with it.

Cheers

I don't know what society you live in, but its not too appealing. You can't compare a usually minor incident like speeding to violence against women. I would NEVER hit a woman and don't know of anyone who would. From these repetitive incidents (Stewart, Bird, Inglis etc) it is clear that attitudes towards women are a problem amongst rugby league players. So what, just let this slide while it puts the game into disrepute? He needs to be punished if he is guilty regardless of how good a player he is.

I don't care what he does on-field, as a player in the NRL he has a responsibility to uphold the name and reputation of rugby league while off the field in the media eye. It is a sad reflection on him if he can't behave for the sake of the game that has given him an opportunity to represent his state and country. As for your first paragraph about kids and role models. It is up to the parents in the end to teach their kids values/good behaviour. But what kind of message are they being sent if one of their heroes like Greg Inglis assaults a woman and goes unpunished?

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
i wonder if Inglis had had problems in the past that we haven't heard about.

Last edited:
Once again it proves that we put these guys up as "role models" and on a pedastal when they are nothing more than run of the mill blokes with not a lot to offer.

Noa

First Grade
Stop talking sh*t.

It's not the 1980's anymore. Yes, RL doesn't get as much press as our most popular game ... But the Storm DO get plenty of press these days.

Not so much the papers but with with the radio stations down here it certainly rings true. They wont talk to some-one about a wrap-up of the week-end action but they'll get Chewbacca Wilson on to talk about still-nox and red-bull allegations.

Latest posts