What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

Gaba

First Grade
maybe because she is a vulnerable person who needs protection from the mud rackers in the press and maybe thats what people pay lawyers to do FFS!!!!!

Being a victim in a criminal case, the police prosecutors represent you, its just strange an victim of a assault case needs a lawyer to make a new statement for you

all of a sudden blaming yourself

sus indeed

Moffo

Referee
obviously a lot of you guys are unaware of the process around cases like this - the allegation against Inglis never stated any facts about the alleged assault. The Greg Bird incident was very different as the accusation was clear. There has never been any clarity in this matter. If Robinson was in an emotional state as described by her lawyer then Inglis was in a no win situation. As soon as he touched her was up for an assault charge. Thats how it works boys.

if you are going to attempt to profess that you know what you are talking about, hows about you define fact for starters

elbusto

Coach
Being a victim in a criminal case, the police prosecutors represent you, its just strange an victim of a assault case needs a lawyer to make a new statement for you

all of a sudden blaming yourself

sus indeed
do you have any idea what any of the statements say? Are you aware of any allegations specifically in this matter? If so tell us. I am interested to see what you have at your disposal my friend. And in a high profile case like this you would definitely want to hire a lawyer. The Cops do not handle the public aspects of your case mate!

Gaba

First Grade
obviously a lot of you guys are unaware of the process around cases like this - the allegation against Inglis never stated any facts about the alleged assault. The Greg Bird incident was very different as the accusation was clear. There has never been any clarity in this matter. If Robinson was in an emotional state as described by her lawyer then Inglis was in a no win situation. As soon as he touched her was up for an assault charge. Thats how it works boys.

The police presecution works behalf of the victim in assualt cases , its the police who have layed the charges

Lawyers only get involved with the victim if there is something else doing on and another party is invovled

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
do you have any idea what any of the statements say? Are you aware of any allegations specifically in this matter? If so tell us. I am interested to see what you have at your disposal my friend. And in a high profile case like this you would definitely want to hire a lawyer. The Cops do not handle the public aspects of your case mate!

The case havent gone to a hearing or trial yet, actually the police prosecution do handle the aspect of the case, its the police who have layed the charge

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
if you are going to attempt to profess that you know what you are talking about, hows about you define fact for starters
Thanks - that is my point - nobody knows any of the facts as stated by either party. We are all guessing here - the only thing I know for sure is that Robinsons admits to screaming in Inglis's face.

elbusto

Coach
THE girlfriend of National Rugby League and Melbourne Storm superstar Greg Inglis has revealed new information to police that may ultimately clear him of assaulting her.

Sally Robinson yesterday handed investigators a lengthy statement that provides a different version of events to the one she had previously given.

The signed statement is believed to reveal specific information about what triggered the altercation.

It is understood to refer to Inglis trying to disarm Ms Robinson while she was in the process of self-harm.

Ms Robinson decided earlier this week to get independent legal advice about her actions and Inglis' role.

The Age reported this week that Ms Robinson had earlier told police she did not want Inglis charged, and claimed recent Botox treatment had caused some of the bruising on her face.

She was also said to have admitted being ''in Greg's face'' when he allegedly palmed her away.

Inglis, 22, an Australian representative player regarded as one of the world's best, has been charged with intentionally causing injury and unlawful assault.

elbusto

Coach
THE girlfriend of National Rugby League and Melbourne Storm superstar Greg Inglis has revealed new information to police that may ultimately clear him of assaulting her.

Sally Robinson yesterday handed investigators a lengthy statement that provides a different version of events to the one she had previously given.

The signed statement is believed to reveal specific information about what triggered the altercation.

It is understood to refer to Inglis trying to disarm Ms Robinson while she was in the process of self-harm.

Ms Robinson decided earlier this week to get independent legal advice about her actions and Inglis' role.

The Age reported this week that Ms Robinson had earlier told police she did not want Inglis charged, and claimed recent Botox treatment had caused some of the bruising on her face.

She was also said to have admitted being ''in Greg's face'' when he allegedly palmed her away.

Inglis, 22, an Australian representative player regarded as one of the world's best, has been charged with intentionally causing injury and unlawful assault.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/leaquehq/girlfriend-put s-new-slant-on-inglis-row/2009/08/13/1249756400913 .html

elbusto

Coach
So she admitted there was an assault , so the police took action
no - she admitted he 'palmed' her away - as such this means an assault is alleged and then the facts have to be ascertained as to whether this is a crime by Inglis or a reasonable response to the circumstances.

Evenflow

Bench
Interested to see so many are prepared to believe Inglis is guilty in the face of something as compelling as this. A bit sad actually. :roll:

While they'd deny it to the hilt i think certain people want him to be guilty purely because they don't like him because he's torn their teams a new arse for years now or just dislike him for something as trivial because he chose not to play for their state :sarcasm:

Not to mention the ones who had him hung drawn and quartered the second this story came out. I mean of course they have to go ahead with their thinking that he's a woman basher regardless of any new evidence presented, even if it's proven he did nothing wrong the usual suspects will still have their conspiracy theories that he is guilty as if that'll somehow vindicate them for crucifying him form the start.

It's not only sad as you mentioned it's also nothing short of pathetic.

Parra

Referee
no - she admitted he 'palmed' her away - as such this means an assault is alleged and then the facts have to be ascertained as to whether this is a crime by Inglis or a reasonable response to the circumstances.

Got her right on the botox bruises as well

elbusto

Coach
While they'd deny it to the hilt i think certain people want him to be guilty purely because they don't like him because he's torn their teams a new arse for years now or just dislike him for something as trivial because he chose not to play for their state :sarcasm:

Not to mention the ones who had him hung drawn and quartered the second this story came out. I mean of course they have to go ahead with their thinking that he's a woman basher regardless of any new evidence presented, even if it's proven he did nothing wrong the usual suspects will still have their conspiracy theories that he is guilty as if that'll somehow vindicate them for crucifying him form the start.

It's not only sad as you mentioned it's also nothing short of pathetic.
I agree - and if Inglis is innocent this is a catastrophic blow to his career and good name.

I never would support a man who assaults a woman but this case has looked shaky from the beginning.

elbusto

Coach
yes palmed away is still phyiscal assault ,
sorry mate but it is not unless a court determines it is in the circumstances - obviously that logic is too much for you! It depends on the facts leading to Inglis's alleged response in palming her away. Do I have to make this any clearer to you?

Gaba

First Grade
sorry mate but it is not unless a court determines it is in the circumstances - obviously that logic is too much for you! It depends on the facts leading to Inglis's alleged response in palming her away. Do I have to make this any clearer to you?

Inglis is charged with assault , yes its up to the court to decide but im not talking about the court part

im talking about the charge

Last edited:

Slackboy72

Coach
This story gets wierder. First it was botox, then it was practising his fend, then protecting her from self harm and now El Diablo has dissappeared and been replaced by elbusto.
Strange days indeed.

elbusto

Coach
This story gets wierder. First it was botox, then it was practising his fend, then protecting her from self harm and now El Diablo has dissappeared and been replaced by elbusto.
Strange days indeed.
show where anybody has stated he was 'practising his fend'. Given this was never stated you are perhaps the one acting weirdly.

Latest posts