What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalzod

Immortal
I remember years ago an article written by Andrew Denton for the SMH whinging about how the Roosters manage to have so many stars and still be under the cap..Good one Andrew the irony of it all.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I hope he gets fatter, slower and more injury prone. And i hope mundine and co destroy his life.

Then he can bugger off overseas where he belongs.

chefman21

Juniors
How on earth did they afford him?!?!?!

Good luck to him, but I think Souths better win the premiership this season. Because I'm pretty sure Luke, Merritt, Sutton, Pettybourne, Stuart and Champion are all off contract at the end of next season. You can't keep them all.

South Sydney. The Chequebook Club.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I hope he gets fatter, slower and more injury prone. And i hope mundine and co destroy his life.

Then he can bugger off overseas where he belongs.
Nice to know you're not bitter at all. Look at how Lockyer has handled this, the rest of you canetoads could learn a thing or two from him.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How on earth did they afford him?!?!?!

Good luck to him, but I think Souths better win the premiership this season. Because I'm pretty sure Luke, Merritt, Sutton, Pettybourne, Stuart and Champion are all off contract at the end of next season. You can't keep them all.

South Sydney. The Chequebook Club.
Luke has resigned till 2015.

Bench
I remember years ago an article written by Andrew Denton for the SMH whinging about how the Roosters manage to have so many stars and still be under the cap..Good one Andrew the irony of it all.
So true,if easts were signing Inglis souths supporters would be whinging all the way from bondi to redfern,but because the boot is on the other foot,they are ignorant and happy,irony is lost on all bunnies at the moment.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Why wouldnt i be bitter? Inglis has treated my club as a joke. And im pretty sure Locky is just saying that to the press. I can guess what he is actually saying to his teammates...

Russell Crowe doesn't do chequebook Rugby League :roll:

They say they can't fit a nuffy like Capewell under the cap and suddenly have room for Inglis we heard all this before from Melbourne.

So basically Souths now have the best player in England, the best player in NZ and the best player in Australia ;)

Two of those belong to the Roosters ;-)

Bluebags1908

Juniors
How ironic… this is the same Greg Inglis that the QRL gleefully stole of NSW when the rules clearly state he is a NSWelshman and should not be playing for Queensland.

I know that the Broncos have nothing to do with Origin qualification rules the QRL, and Origin team selections, but as a NSWelshman it’s great to see a NSW club ‘steal’ Inglis from the Broncos and see some Queenslanders get bitter with a dose of their own medicine!

What Greg Inglish has done to the Broncos is morally wrong, but it was also morally wrong that the Queenslanders brainwashed him into playing for Queensland when he clearly doesn't qualify.

Yes, what he did was morally wrong, but he didn't sign a contract. A handshake agreement means zilch these days.

Karma.

applesauce

Bench
Russell Crowe doesn't do chequebook Rugby League :roll:

They say they can't fit a nuffy like Capewell under the cap and suddenly have room for Inglis we heard all this before from Melbourne.

Two of those belong to the Roosters ;-)

There are 2 things wrong with arguements like "they said they have no room" and "how does he fit under the cap".

What the clubs say:
Club say many things. :lol: Remember when Parramatta had "no money" for any new contracts (same or upgraded) for Meteo or Inu? But then went and signed Webb, Walker, McGuire and Maitua in the space of a month. Just because a club says it to pull the wool over the eyes of the players they want out (in Souths case Capewell) doesn't mean it is gospel.

On the cap space subject:
Just over a month ago the Broncos we claimed cheats but used 3rd party deals to pay more than half of GI proposed salary... Who's to say Souths isn't doing that?

Everyone needs to take off the tin-foil hats and hope their clubs will be able to use the $ of corporations to help offset the cost of players and increase the salary cap without increasing turnover.

Zigwaa

Bench
Good signing for the bunnies, good for Rugby League. Other teams supporters would be rejoicing with the signing of GI like us bunnies are doing now.

Not the best cicumstances to sign a player but Souths have no control over his preferences and he has to do what is best for him.

dannyboy

Juniors
Still can't see where Souths have the equivalent of a Smith, Cronk & Slater to feed Inglis the tries. I think he's a finisher not a starter so reckon that by mid sesaon he'll be viewed as a waste of the big $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts