What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
First of all, I think its fantastic that you recognise that you're one of the forum's biggest knobs without your name being mentioned. Secondly, I didn't mention what sex the plaything was - you assumed it was male.
You outed yourself by expressing your own assumptions, and some possibly deep set sexual inclinations. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway I don't care a hoot about your sexual direction - my comments and contempt for you stem from your delusion and ridiculous ability to alter facts to suit your argument as well as the way you speak in absolutes and as if your part of souths inner sanctum. Even though you're clearly a sad outsider looking in.
Never claimed to be part of "souths inner sanctim", maybe your outing yourself by expressing your own assumptions?

As for the gay thing, I presumed you ment Inglis when you said Crowe's "plaything", seeing as this is a thread about Inglis...perfectly logical assumption, nothing to do with anyone's deep set sexual inclinations. I have a girlfriend.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Who paid his legal bill?
He's going to pay his own legal bill, as soon as all parties involved decide on the precise amount. He hasn't even been given an itemised bill yet, so he has every right to dispute the amount, like we all do.
In fairness, how can the NRL determine 'market value' for appearances?

Supply v demand, if someone wants Inglis that bad to make and appearance why can't he be paid $150k? I know it looks sus if he were to get that much for an appearance, but Tiger Woods gets $3mill to play a 4day golf tournament form the Government just in appearance fees. If the desire is there it is 'market value'.
That frustrates me too, market value is by definition free market value, something which Gallop seems to hate.

BunniesMan

Immortal
"He is expected to make his first appearance at Souths' Redfern headquarters on Monday."

BOM forecast for Monday: Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

Better make it Tuesday.
Planes cant fly in the rain. But I'm confident he has no problem with cars driving in the rain.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Never claimed to be part of "souths inner sanctim", maybe your outing yourself by expressing your own assumptions?

As for the gay thing, I presumed you ment Inglis when you said Crowe's "plaything", seeing as this is a thread about Inglis...perfectly logical assumption, nothing to do with anyone's deep set sexual inclinations. I have a girlfriend.
Keep digging the hole, fitting I suppose for a rabbits fan. I never said you claimed to be part of souths inner sanctum, I said you act as if you are part of it.
Your second point just verifies what I said in my earlier post.
(And to be technical I never mentioned Crowe - the NZ actor could very well be Sam Neill).
Rock Hudson had a girlfriend too. And he was real straight :sarcasm:.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
The legal bills are completely separate to the contracts. The reality is the Storm can't keep him for 2011, releasing him is a formality.

Which they have stated on numerous occasions they will only do once the bills are paid.

Haven't you been paying attention?

carcharias

Immortal
as good as he is....or appears to be.

I reckon he is a basket case about to happen.

IMO he is 1 of the best 3 in the world...but he hasn't had to play in a shyte team ever.

not saying souths are shyte but the players he has played with in the storm, Aus and SOO are the very best of the best.

no GF victory for souths.
GI has lost 2 GF's ....one by 40 points...and that was with only one good player missing.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Keep digging the hole, fitting I suppose for a rabbits fan. I never said you claimed to be part of souths inner sancum, I said you act as if you are part of it.
Your second point just verifies what I said in my earlier post.
(And to be technical I never mentioned Crowe - the NZ actor could very well be Sam Neill).
Rock Hudson had a girlfriend too. And he was real straight :sarcasm:.
And Elton John had a wife...

And to be technical I'm 90% sure you meant Crowe. 95 even. I'm not just a pretty face you know, I got brains.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Which they have stated on numerous occasions they will only do once the bills are paid.

Haven't you been paying attention?
Souths have got legal advice that they can't hold him hostage. Even if the bills dispute goes into next year (which it probably won't, but you never know) they can't use his contract as blackmail. And even if they could they have to release him before the 2011 salary cap comes into effect, what are they going to do if the dispute keeps going, not release him and lose all their competition points for another year over a $30k argument?

taxidriver

Coach
fullback?

:lol:

50 bucks he ends up looking like this by the end of his contract

r23130_57081.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
as good as he is....or appears to be.

I reckon he is a basket case about to happen.

IMO he is 1 of the best 3 in the world...but he hasn't had to play in a shyte team ever.

not saying souths are shyte but the players he has played with in the storm, Aus and SOO are the very best of the best.

no GF victory for souths.
GI has lost 2 GF's ....one by 40 points...and that was with only one good player missing.
While we don't have quite the starpower the Storm have, we did score the 2nd most points in the NRL in 2010, so it's not as if he's playing with nobodies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
And how many points did you leak in the process?

Apart from Newcastle in 2001, how many teams have won a premiership with a non-functional defence?

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sydney-rabbitohs/story-e6frexnr-1225952493747
Inglis is equally pleased to have signed on the dotted line with the Rabbitohs.
“I’m really happy to be joining the South Sydney Rabbitohs,” Inglis said.
“The past few months have been like a rollercoaster ride but now I can look forward to getting back into training and preparing for the new season.
“This is an exciting time and I’m looking forward to pulling on the red and green jersey for the first time next year.”
Inglis's manager Allan Gainey told The Daily Telegraph online: "Greg will be at training for his first session with the Rabbitohs on Monday morning.''
See, he's happy, and a happy GI is a dangerous GI. Lookout 2011, here we come.

skeepe

Immortal

Apart from Newcastle in 2001, how many teams have won a premiership with a non-functional defence?

Panthers in 2003 is the only other one I can recall.

Souths scored the 2nd most points in the NRL and still missed the 8. That's embarrassing.

BunniesMan

Immortal

Yes, we have to try to get the defense to leak slightly less than the Titanic. But we have an entire offseason to work on that. That should be our #1 priority between now and round 1. I'm not expecting us to have a Dragons level defense, but decent will be good enough.

Fein

First Grade
"He is expected to make his first appearance at Souths' Redfern headquarters on Monday."

BOM forecast for Monday: Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms.

Better make it Tuesday.

:lol::lol::lol:

Very good!~!!

jaynie

Juniors
The legal bills are completely separate to the contracts. The reality is the Storm can't keep him for 2011, releasing him is a formality.

I always take exception to this logic.

The Storm CAN keep him. They COULD accept that they would be over the cap and cop more punishment. They COULD offload another big name player/s instead.
Would they want to do this? Probably not.
Should they do this? Probably not.
But the point is they CAN. He still has a contract with them. They do not have to grant him a release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts