What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Dave

Bench
No Souths hating here, it's the fact that once again alot of you guys are counting your chickens after 2 weeks of pre-season training.

This time last year it was the best forward pack and a great coach that was going to end your woes, now it's Greg Inglis.

It's not jealousy, we have nothing to be jealous of. We are the current champions.

It's the fact that year after year, Souths have succeeded before a ball is kicked, in fact before your saviour has even started training!!!

If anything, we are just trying to save you from yourselves.

Get a grip and enjoy the ride.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
No one is a Souths hater here. IN fact, I reckon the Inglis signing is fantastic - provided the git trades 50kg for a decent brain.

Problem is, some Souffs supporters are carrying on like prize pork chops - like we can call the comp off because Fat Boy Slim will squeeze into Owen Craigies old No. 4 jumper. I hear the RTA is sending a HAZMAT crew down Botany Road - a few gigalitres of DNA has been spilt by all the souffs fans blowing their load!

Me? Congats Souths. Talent arriving, not departing for a change. Jealous? Huh? What of? Wouldn't swap Jarryd for all the dentures in Redfern. Hindy is greater than any Bunnies forward since George Treweek - including the most overrated player in the game's history - John Sattler. And we took Fui off your hands too. I reckon our roster shades yours - and we have the coach of the greatest test nation as well. Salad Days at Parramatta - and you have to have teeth to eat salad!

As a Souths fan I can tell you I am over the moon with the signing, but know that you don't make the finals in the offseason. Sure it is a great signing and sure we are 2nd favourites with the bookies (I don't know how they came up with that). But at the end of the day talk in the offseason means nothing. Just look at Parra this season. They were the favourites to win the comp but came well short.

I see a few Souths supporters take things too far with their talk and for one I wish they would pipe it down a bit. Yes it is exciting that we have signed such an elite player but as it has been pointed out here Souths have only made the semi's once since 1989.

Now to your comments about Hindy. You have to be kidding? First of all did you see Treweek play to be able to come up with his name? I am assuming that you were able to see Sattler play quite a bit to come up with your overrated tag. You forget other forwards that we had such as O'Neill, Coote, McCarthy and even as late as Roberts. I love Hindy as a player and love his commitment and his loyalty to his team, but there is no way that you can claim him to be up there in the best forwards of all time.

Your coach is untried at NRL level. One thing is he won't have the help of Bennett during the season. Last year Parra relied on Hayne to get things going for them. When he struggles Parra struggle. Time will tell how you guys go. There is going to me massive pressure on Kearney from the fans and even bigger pressure on the board.

Bumble

First Grade
No Souths hating here, it's the fact that once again alot of you guys are counting your chickens after 2 weeks of pre-season training.

This time last year it was the best forward pack and a great coach that was going to end your woes, now it's Greg Inglis.

It's not jealousy, we have nothing to be jealous of. We are the current champions.

It's the fact that year after year, Souths have succeeded before a ball is kicked, in fact before your saviour has even started training!!!

Year after year? Apart from 2010 I had NEVER been confident with my teams chances going into the new season. Oh and after the failure that was this season I don't plan on getting cocky again any time soon.

But am I excited to have arguably the best player in the world at our club? Yes. Of course I am. Is he going to save us? I have no idea...personally I think Sandow learning to tackle or our forward pack staying injury free would be far more helpful...

Geez missed some of the latest posts in this thread

This is completely true. I'm in the same boat, selective school etc etc and got 82.05. Needed 81.60 and I knew I'd get that without trying so why bother?

Ftr skeepe I got my IQ tested properly and it was 151 so the UAI connection doesn't really hold water..

Intelligence1.jpg

IQ-bell-curve.jpg

iq_bell_curve.gif

What's a genius like yourself doing amongst us common folk?

skeepe

Immortal
That's precisely why I go for Souths. Only the greatest club of all is good enough for someone as smart as me.

See, it looks like you think that you're being extremely witty with these remarks, funny even.

What you don't realise is that you're the only one who thinks that. The rest of us simply see a massive twat.

Nemesis

Bench

Its you lot that need to get a grip, this thread wasn't even started by a Souths fan and its not Souths fans counting chickens either... its the turkeys at News Limited and Channel 9 with their annual South Sydney pre-season hype fest.

You must be feeling incredibly insecure if you not only feel the need to remind us that the Dragons are the current premiers, but that they're also on a mission from God (Wayne) to save all us lessor clubs from ourselves. :lol:

Dragon Dave

Bench
Its you lot that need to get a grip, this thread wasn't even started by a Souths fan and its not Souths fans counting chickens either... its the turkeys at News Limited and Channel 9 with their annual South Sydney pre-season hype fest.

You must be feeling incredibly insecure if you not only feel the need to remind us that the Dragons are the current premiers, but that they're also on a mission from God (Wayne) to save all us lessor clubs from ourselves. :lol:

I think you'll find that us Saints fans will be reminding everyone that we are the champions over the next 12 months, so get used to it.

Not Souths fans counting chickens? So BunniesMan isn't a Souths fan? He has posted about 80% of this thread.

Also, I'm glad you used the correct terminology in the above post.

Bennett = God
Souths = Lessor club.

And Bumble, Inglis being "arguably the best player in the world" is laughable. He has had players like Cooper Cronk and Thurston giving him service over the years, let's see how he goes with Speedhump Sandow supplying him.

Move him to 5/8th? Looking at him, I'd say prop is more suitable.

Bumble

First Grade
And Bumble, Inglis being "arguably the best player in the world" is laughable.

Yeah, you're probably right:

[FONT=&quot]Awards:
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2009 Golden Boot
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2009 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dally M representative player of the year
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2009 Wally Lewis Medal for the best player of the State of Origin series[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2009 Four Nations player of the tournament[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2009 RLIF centre of the year
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2008 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dally M representative player of the year[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2007 Clive Churchill Medal
[/FONT]
2010RabbitohsSignGregInglisDetail-7c5a055b-b1a6-4c2a-a714-61320c78ae51.jpg

:roll::roll:

to_ddeath

Coach
Geez missed some of the latest posts in this thread

What's a genius like yourself doing amongst us common folk?

At least he doesn't bombard the forum with a bunch of annoying graphs and charts in order
to big note himself..... f**k you're a boring poster sometimes.

T.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm not entirely sure a CC medal counts when your team cheated the salary cap and had their premierships revoked.

And those other awards.. at both SOO and international level he still had the halves that Dragon Dave alluded to playing inside him, did he not?

Inglis will be missing the sunshine of Brisbane and the class of Lockyer when Souths are running 13th, Sutton has gone MIA as usual and Sandow's inconsistent passing game comes to the fore yet again

Nemesis

Bench
I think you'll find that us Saints fans will be reminding everyone that we are the champions over the next 12 months, so get used to it.

Not Souths fans counting chickens? So BunniesMan isn't a Souths fan? He has posted about 80% of this thread.

Also, I'm glad you used the correct terminology in the above post.

Bennett = God
Souths = Lessor club.

And Bumble, Inglis being "arguably the best player in the world" is laughable. He has had players like Cooper Cronk and Thurston giving him service over the years, let's see how he goes with Speedhump Sandow supplying him.

Move him to 5/8th? Looking at him, I'd say prop is more suitable.
Who's counting their chickens now Colonel Sanders? we'll see if you arrogant wankers can back it up in a real 16 team comp this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.