What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis threatens to join Khoder Nasser

Lungfish

Juniors
MELBOURNE superstar Greg Inglis has revealed he is considering a switch to controversial manager Khoder Nasser - the man who smuggled Sonny Bill Williams to France.

In a candid interview with The Daily Telegraph, Inglis has confirmed a friendship with the man behind the runaway Bulldog and boxer Anthony Mundine.
Rugby league's greatest talent has already been in talks about hiring the unaccredited NRL player manager, which would open the door for a controversial switch to rugby union.
Inglis is currently managed by Allan Gainey and contracted to the Storm for another two years. But when quizzed ona switch to Khoder last night, he said: "I have talked about it, yes.
"My current manager is doing a good job but there are always options in life ... and you only have to look at the stars (Nasser) has already got.''
Nasser has been widely condemned for orchestrating the clandestine deal that saw SBW walk out on a five-year deal with the Bulldogs.
Asked would he consider walking out on his own contract, which expires in 2010, Inglis remained coy.
"It depends on what is being said at your club,'' he said, hinting at Williams' attack on coach Steve Folkes and suggestions of racism.
"I see myself as a rugby league player right now, but you never know. Everyone has got their own opinion of what Sonny did, but he was looking after his own backyard, which is understandable.''
Apart from his friendship with Nasser, Inglis also has respect for Mundine - who he says he first met during the 2005 State of Origin series.
"Choc is a great role model because he's outspoken, he has balls,'' Inglis said.
"And despite all the criticism he's faced, he won't back down to anyone.
"Everyone needs to be heard and Choc gets out there and says what he thinks," Inglis added.
But late yesterday Gainey denied his star client was switching to Nasser, French rugby or any other camp.
"Greg said 'if I'm doing anything, I will be doing it with you. You're my manager. That's it'," Gainey said. "I've been right through that with him, his parents and everything.
"He can't afford to have his image or reputation tarnished the way the other bloke (Williams) has.
"Bellyache (coach Craig Bellamy), who is very close to him, has been in his ear about that. Greg's sensible enough to know . . ."
On speculation Mundine is trying to tempt Inglis to France, Gainey added: "They've been speaking regularly for 10 years. Their families are close. Greg's under contract for two years and he's guaranteed everyone he definitely won't be walking out."
Storm chief executive Brian Waldron added: "All the speculation has been amusing to Greg and to us.
"Greg is not the type of person to break a contract and is on record as saying he doesn't like rugby union."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24176183-5016545,00.html

....................................................................................................
One sentence reminded me of someone else."Choc is a great role model because he's outspoken, he has balls," ..... SBW loved telling everyone he has balls and now Inglis loves people who have balls.The words he used seems like he will be outta here after his contract expires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I don't hate Mundine like many, but I also don't see what is so bloody fantastic about the guy either.

Brutus

Referee
Choc is a great role model because he's outspoken, he has balls,'' Inglis said.

Recognise the lingo guys? "Balls"

As soon as I found out Inglis was in Mundine camp last week I thought here we go again.

Our game is in strife, I don't care what anyone says.

Ryan

Juniors
I never knew Inglis was as stupid and dumb as Sonny Bill Williams.

Have you heard him in interviews?

Put it this way, you wouldn't want him set as Prime Minister.:lol:

He's a footy player for a reason - and that isn't his high society skills.

Ribs

Bench
Ha. Another elite player friends with Choc, perhaps all you morons are the ones that have it wrong given the players seem to think he's fine.

No, silly of me. You all know better.

This is the Telegraph at its finest:

"speculation Mundine is trying to tempt Inglis to France,"

WTF? Why would Mundine care? Is he the French Union talent scout now? What a load of sh*t.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Any person who is a dollar hunter, f**k off to france

If you're not, stay in Australia and play in the best rugby comp in the world - the NRL

sass

Juniors
all this speculation is so so annoying. I'm over it.

if people want to go to france I don't mind as long as they shut up about it.

Ribs

Bench
This is how the Telegraph operates.

Massive controversy with SBW so they ring around all the players they can to try and get one to say

"I'd consider it"

and off they go with a full page story based on nothing. They are the ones that should be strung from a tree.

This is how the Telegraph operates.

Massive controversy with SBW so they ring around all the players they can to try and get one to say

"I'd consider it"

and off they go with a full page story based on nothing. They are the ones that should be strung from a tree.

speculation it may be, or he may have actually said something like it,

either way, its likely and its believable and its something close to the truth so much, it might as well be it.