What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe and Morris

jayman

Juniors
tommorows the last day right... game over if theres no news.. when iam there on sunday.. there better be huge ass annoucement

jayman

Juniors
cant someone here email or call someone at the club... or email one of the radio stations?...

i would but i better leave it to someone more credible then me...

eelsta

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Grothe has had a fallout with everyone
he thinks parra has no tradition
wants to head elsewhere
will test himself on the market

bullsh*t fool

mickdo

Coach
Interesting that neither Morris or Grothe was listed by NRL on FOX tonight as still being available after June 30. Good news I think. Peterson was listed of course.

Hurriflatch

Referee
that could just be that all the stories going around that they have "agreed to new deals" mean they have been taken off the list even though they are not actually signed.

I'm sure I sure a gains/losses list last year that had

Manly
Gains: Timana Tahu

Davester

Juniors
I remember when they had a segment about Tim Smith + Eric Grothe on Channel 10 the week of the Roosters game, they said he had re-signed for 2 years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Davester said:
I remember when they had a segment about Tim Smith + Eric Grothe on Channel 10 the week of the Roosters game, they said he had re-signed for 2 years.

we all remembered that, unfortunatly there's been no announcement of official signings since with the odd rumour that both players are heading elsewhere. We won't be satisfied until the official media release.

GoParra

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Grothe has had a fallout with everyone
he thinks parra has no tradition
wants to head elsewhere
will test himself on the market

The Sharks must be a big chance to get him then as their tradition of never winning a Grand Final looks set to continue for a long long time ...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just a theory!

I noticed that both Tony Zappia and Chris Jurd have been busy preparing the case for Hindy, maybe they haven't exactly been able to make the finishing touches on the contracts for that reason??

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
Just a theory!

I noticed that both Tony Zappia and Chris Jurd have been busy preparing the case for Hindy, maybe they haven't exactly been able to make the finishing touches on the contracts for that reason??

Whats Fitzy, Ovo and co doing then, when I suggested prior to the Warriors game in Hamilton that the reason for the delay then could've been due to the fact that a lot of the Eels Officials were over in NZ you shot me down saying there were plenty of people still around to finalise things.

What has changed in the 2 weeks?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Whats Fitzy, Ovo and co doing then, when I suggested prior to the Warriors game in Hamilton that the reason for the delay then could've been due to the fact that a lot of the Eels Officials were over in NZ you shot me down saying there were plenty of people still around to finalise things.

What has changed in the 2 weeks?

I don't know!!..there could be many reasons for the delay!

There has been several rumours that both players have agreed to terms with a number of those rumours from people who have spoken to various officials within the club. Then there's been the official word.

Fitzy on Friday regarding Grothe: It's Highly likely he will sign on Monday we just need to sort out a few things.

Smithy on Friday regarding Grothe: I'll be very very surprised if he doesn't sign next week.

it's now Wednesday evening and as mentioned before both Jurd and Zap have had their work cut out trying to prepare a defence for Hindy which they have succesfully,

now!! i got word from someone who spoke to an official about signings and their comeback was simply "we'll be retaining some and we'll chase a few" no names mentioned.

I don't know what to make of it! but quitye frankly I refuse to lose sleep over it anymore it aint worth it.