What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GTA - San Andreas Info ( Includes Spoilers )

nöyd

Staff member
CC_Eagle said:
BlueNGoldBlood said:
my ps2 is constantly making those grinding noises when im playing this :? not a good sign ??

Early signs dude, early signs :cry:

CBY2k it loaded up no worries, problem is that it jams every minute for atleast 2 minutes and the PS2 makes noises I've never heard before in the process.

WTF is going on Rockstar? Spent $90 on the merkin, its not even a week old and its f***ed...

Sounds like dirt/dust, I had the same problem, luckily my PS2 was under warranty, they replaced it with a brand new one. If you keep trying to play the game while it's making those grinding kinds of noises you will f**k the disc AND your PS2 even more... :? :shock:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Munky said:
CC_Eagle said:
BlueNGoldBlood said:
my ps2 is constantly making those grinding noises when im playing this :? not a good sign ??

CBY2k it loaded up no worries, problem is that it jams every minute for atleast 2 minutes and the PS2 makes noises I've never heard before in the process.

WTF is going on Rockstar? Spent $90 on the merkin, its not even a week old and its f***ed...

How old is your PS2?

The game is a hardware killer, you need a newer PS2 with the newer DVD drive to stop it killing itself.

old...got it christmas 2001.

Thats bullshit though...f**king Sony...That WAS the beauty about consoles, you didn't have to update anything untill the next one was released

CC_Eagle

First Grade
eisen said:
CC_Eagle said:
BlueNGoldBlood said:

Sounds like dirt/dust, I had the same problem, luckily my PS2 was under warranty, they replaced it with a brand new one. If you keep trying to play the game while it's making those grinding kinds of noises you will f**k the disc AND your PS2 even more... :? :shock:

Hmm..

Yeah I've stopped playing it now, but I might clean the PS2. I've already wiped the disc down a thousand times.

Dragon

Coach
try vaccuming the back and front of the grills/intake fans. Lots of dust on mine cuz i havnt done it for about 2 yrs lol. Could be part of the reason as our PS2s mioght be overheating or something.

Azkatro

First Grade
I did the mission where you have to defend your own street last night from the Ballas. One of the better missions so far, nothing like a shootout at the OK Corral. It took me a few goes but I got it eventually. Taking the guys out from the top of the bridge is like taking candy from a baby. At one point I was aiming at a Ballas guy and didn't realise Sweet's head was in my site, pulled the trigger and took his head off :lol:

The best thing about gang wars is when you take out guys from opposing gangs, they drop HEAPS of cash. I was able to afford my $550 blond corn rows, now all I have to do is go out and buy the $500 designer watch :lol:

Dragon

Coach
look for the pedestrians in white hoodies, they are drug dealers and stand around alot. They ask you if you want to buy something and if you refuse they shoot you, but if you kill them they drop about $2000. There are other dealers that wear i think black shirts and jeans and have gold chains and things, and they drop the same sort of $$.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The whole anti-drug thing is quite funny I think. The designers put all this effort into having an anti-drug stance on the game, yet the game is revolved around gang violence.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

I love it!

Azkatro

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
The whole anti-drug thing is quite funny I think. The designers put all this effort into having an anti-drug stance on the game, yet the game is revolved around gang violence.

I love it!

You could call that a complete pisstake of the stupidity of the censorship board :)

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Azkatro said:
CC_Eagle said:

I love it!

You could call that a complete pisstake of the stupidity of the censorship board :)

Exactly :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Well after having two days off in a row, my little brother seems to be playing GTA SA non stop, he's completed all Big Smoke and Ryder missions (with cheats of course). So now all my stats are high and I own all this property so on thanks to him....I don't know either to confront him or let him be... :lol:

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I'm up to 30.84% or something and finding the game a bit more interesting now after unlocking San Fierro. The last mission i done was shooting down the choppa that had Toreno in it. My sister got the San Andreas strategy guide book thing yesterday! It's like the size of a novel!

With the mission with the blind guy, how do you get it so you can do that mission where you have to have more underwater experience or some bullshit. Do i have to go down to the beach and swim underwater for ages to increase my lung capacity?????

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Phillips said:
anyone had a "error reading disc" message come up while playing the game #-o

Yes about 10 times all yesterday but it's because my PS2 is stuffed it's been repaired 2 times and it makes this weird noise and it was doing that when it said error reading disc. It works like 5-10 secs later though.

Dragon

Coach
Pepper said:
I'm up to 30.84% or something and finding the game a bit more interesting now after unlocking San Fierro. The last mission i done was shooting down the choppa that had Toreno in it. My sister got the San Andreas strategy guide book thing yesterday! It's like the size of a novel!

With the mission with the blind guy, how do you get it so you can do that mission where you have to have more underwater experience or some bullsh*t. Do i have to go down to the beach and swim underwater for ages to increase my lung capacity?????

Yep, just swim underwater for a few minutes and your lung capacity will increase. BTW a reminder for ppl to put spoiler warnings up if they are talking about missions ;-)

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
The title of this thread should say that aswell. I hate looking in here i try to keep out of it incase people are ahead of me!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
incredible holc said:
ive finished a while ago.

the last mission is really long
:shock:

Damn you must have played it for a while. Although when I think about it, I'm over 20% and I haven't had as much chance to play it as I normally get.